Report: Four ex-Auburn players got cash

papazoid

What part of "pro football team disguised as a school" do you not understand???

"Bama is a pro football team" - Greg McElroy.

The SEC has one college football team and 11 pro teams...

Edited by Dexter

Auburn trusted Cam to play QB for them.

How did that work out?

Narwocki went over the line. He should report there are "character questions" and stop trying to act like Cam was his classmate. The "character questions" around Cam are largely unimportant to the job of NFL QB. He cheated at UF, like most of the rest of the Gators. His dad understands supply and demand. So what. The kid showed up every day, worked hard, rallied his team, and didn't lose. Everything else is just noise. He didn't punch his girlfriend. He didn't wreck his car while intoxicated etc...

Auburn trusted Cam to play QB for them.

How did that work out?

Narwocki went over the line. He should report there are "character questions" and stop trying to act like Cam was his classmate. The "character questions" around Cam are largely unimportant to the job of NFL QB. He cheated at UF, like most of the rest of the Gators. His dad understands supply and demand. So what. The kid showed up every day, worked hard, rallied his team, and didn't lose. Everything else is just noise. He didn't punch his girlfriend. He didn't wreck his car while intoxicated etc...

...and best of all, he's not a sub-human Israeli!!! :thumbsup:

I'll type this slowly so everyone understands....

EVERY MAJOR PROGRAM has kids getting money someway or the other. This is nothing new, and goes back to at least the 1970s.

Not just Auburn. Not just the SEC. This goes for the Big-12, Big-10, Pac-10, etc.

EVERY MAJOR PROGRAM has kids getting money someway or the other. This is nothing new, and goes back to at least the 1970s.

Not just Auburn. Not just the SEC. This goes for the Big-12, Big-10, Pac-10, etc.

Agreed. This is BREAKING NEWS Here... :wallbash:

Did you see the ESPN 30 for 30 episode on SMU? Crazy stuff in those days.

Did you see the ESPN 30 for 30 episode on SMU? Crazy stuff in those days.

HA yes, and that wasnt just SMU. ALL the schools in Texas were bankrolling players. And they most likely ALL still are.

IMO, I doubt that it has stopped since the days of SMU. If anything, the schools/players have just gotten better at not getting caught and there is most likely MORE money being thrown around.

I love the joke that Eric Dickerson took a paycut by leaving SMU for the NFL! :lol::rolleyes:

Edited by DrDankenstein

EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT MAJOR FOOTBALL PROGRAMS PAY THEIR ATHLETES.

this is going on EVERYWHERE football, basketball, and probably sport we dont care about as well. I am not upset at Auburn or the players. It is upsetting that this is what college athletics have become. What is the NCAA doing that they seem to barely catch anybody doing this

But as the NCAA basketball tournament's Final Four gathers here this week — capping a three-week showcase that generates more than $771 million a year in television rights alone — Emmert acknowledges it's time for a serious discussion about whether and how to spread a little more of the largesse to those doing the playing and sweating.

Football's Bowl Championship Series is coming off the first season of a $125 million-a-year TV deal. Dwarfing that, the NCAA put the basketball tournament out to bid and last June landed a 14-year, $10.8 billion contract with CBS and Turner Sports.

Throw in conferences' TV packages, including the Southeastern Conference's whopping 15-year, $2.5 billion arrangement with ESPN.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/2011-03-29-ncaa-pay-for-play-final-four_N.htm?csp=34

Phew! you didn't mention the ACC, FSU is in the clear.