Dan Dorn...total POS? Concerned father?

Beerball

Agreed Dorn is dog doo, I'm wondering though how does a surgeon miss the amount of blood that would cause this damage. My wife had 2 c-sections and I was there for both. :sick: I'm thinking that amount of blood would be noticeable.

Raising triplets on his own, I cant dog the guy too much. Is he probably wrong with his argument? Most likely. But I havent read anything that would lead me to believe he was doing it out of spite, or to be a jerk.

Obviously, if the children were older it would be an easier decision because they could understand what is going on. And maybe they can now, but it probably doesnt seem like it to the father.

Sucky situation all around. :cry:

Raising triplets on his own, I cant dog the guy too much. Is he probably wrong with his argument? Most likely. But I havent read anything that would lead me to believe he was doing it out of spite, or to be a jerk.

Obviously, if the children were older it would be an easier decision because they could understand what is going on. And maybe they can now, but it probably doesnt seem like it to the father.

I can't help but think that is the reason though. I'm sure the writer wanted to paint it that way, but you really have to wonder about a guy who bails like that a year into her condition.

And on a side note: does anyone know the origin of the names of those three kids? They're very different from every other family member named in the story.

I can't help but think that is the reason though. I'm sure the writer wanted to paint it that way, but you really have to wonder about a guy who bails like that a year into her condition.

And on a side note: does anyone know the origin of the names of those three kids? They're very different from every other family member named in the story.

Define "bail" because dude has TRIPLETS at home he is raising by himself. My cousin and his wife had triplets and it took the entire family contributing to get through the first few years.

It's not the honorable or classy move, but Im trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt with all the stress he acquired in this situation. Imagine that nightmare... not only did you lose your wife who is now a vegetable, but you have 3 babies you have to raise. It could very well be that he was trying to cut out any additional stress and figured the grandparents would take care of the wife. No way could one guy handle triplets AND a vegetable wife.

Again, could be wrong, I dont know...

Define "bail" because dude has TRIPLETS at home he is raising by himself. My cousin and his wife had triplets and it took the entire family contributing to get through the first few years.

It's not the honorable or classy move, but Im trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt with all the stress he acquired in this situation. Imagine that nightmare... not only did you lose your wife who is now a vegetable, but you have 3 babies you have to raise. It could very well be that he was trying to cut out any additional stress and figured the grandparents would take care of the wife. No way could one guy handle triplets AND a vegetable wife.

Again, could be wrong, I dont know...

Yeah, it sucks either way, but divorcing someone while they're in a vegetative state seems pretty low to me. I'd like to think I wouldn't do something like that, but obviously you never know until it happens.

There's nothing wrong with what the guy did. The woman can't live without a feeding tube, so she isn't going to "see" or "feel" her kids, even if they are in the room. Having to be tied to someone being barely kept alive by machines is a ****ty way to live.

Thankfully both me and my long-term girlfriend agreed that we don't want to exist like that and want the other to be able to move on in the event of something like this.

Yeah, it sucks either way, but divorcing someone while they're in a vegetative state seems pretty low to me. I'd like to think I wouldn't do something like that, but obviously you never know until it happens.

He had to divorce her unless he had power of attorney over everything. Reason number 3,936 to get a trust done!

As Chef points out, there are many legal/financial reasons to do so. Not just because you want to leave her behind. Also, once she is that far gone, its like she has died but you never get to move on. Youre just in a constant state of mourning for years. If it was just the two of them, or the kids were older, Id say you might stick around. But the guy has 3 kids and 4 lives to worry about. You gotta keep pushing forward. Im sure this is not at all the way he hoped things would turn out. If given the option to have his wife back and healthy, Im sure he'd want her around.

He had to divorce her unless he had power of attorney over everything. Reason number 3,936 to get a trust done!

The kids will learn about the situation someday. I think the father is wrong for thinking his actions are the best for his kids. It's a tough situation but I think the kids will eventually resent his actions.

As Chef points out, there are many legal/financial reasons to do so. Not just because you want to leave her behind. Also, once she is that far gone, its like she has died but you never get to move on. Youre just in a constant state of mourning for years. If it was just the two of them, or the kids were older, Id say you might stick around. But the guy has 3 kids and 4 lives to worry about. You gotta keep pushing forward. Im sure this is not at all the way he hoped things would turn out. If given the option to have his wife back and healthy, Im sure he'd want her around.

That's all fair, but I can't shake the feeling from reading this that he's trying to cut out her family completely. In an ideal world, they'd be a great source to turn to in those struggles of raising 3 kids. Now, in reality, he may be a POS, her family may be POSes, or some combination of both, but either way, there's something more in play here. It doesn't go to court if it's just a simple case of him moving on.

That's all fair, but I can't shake the feeling from reading this that he's trying to cut out her family completely. In an ideal world, they'd be a great source to turn to in those struggles of raising 3 kids. Now, in reality, he may be a POS, her family may be POSes, or some combination of both, but either way, there's something more in play here. It doesn't go to court if it's just a simple case of him moving on.

Try selling any jointly held assets while your spouce is incapacitated. Hell you can't even refi your home. That is why he had to divorce her. If she were to recover they could always remarry. Once again folks. Get a trust! Now refusing the children visitation rights that's a different but somewhat understandable story. The writer of that piece is letting emotions dictate his opinion.

I might feel slightly different if the mother was in a facility nearby, but she's in Myrtle Beach and the father and kids are in Calif. If her parents wanted their daughter to have access to the kids why did they move her 3,000 miles away?

I don't see how you can force a guy to pack up the triplets and travel that far on a regular basis to visit her.

Sounds like the parents need to move on and let her die peacefully.

It's not the honorable or classy move, but Im trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt with all the stress he acquired in this situation. Imagine that nightmare... not only did you lose your wife who is now a vegetable, but you have 3 babies you have to raise. It could very well be that he was trying to cut out any additional stress and figured the grandparents would take care of the wife. No way could one guy handle triplets AND a vegetable wife.Again, could be wrong, I dont know...

I won't know if i'm being insensitve til later but i just pictured a guy holding hands with a giant carrot when i read that