Talked with Charlie Weis Yesterday

While at the University of Florida yesterday I had an opportunity to sit down and listen to Weis talk about the Bills/Cheifs game last year and J. Charles/ Thomas Jones (274 combined rushing yards vs. Bills)

He showed a bunch of cut-ups from the game and said he ran one running play all game because of the bills not adjusting numbers wise on defense. This one play was a stretch play that was set up as Reciever Left/T.E. left. Slot and other reciever to the right. Single back. He said they ran this one play 95% of the time because the Bills would not bring the numbers (until OT) in the box to stop the run. He simply said they would flip sides and run it again to the strong side, because the bills just would not match numbers throughout the entire game. What does this say about George Edwards last year?

Charlie Weis also said he really respects the Bills and the environment that they play in. He said no doubt the toughest place to play in the NFL. Period.

Also, Bill Belichick was at the Gators private practice yesterday, he's a tiny dude.

Just posting a non-related Draft/ Lockout thread.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While at the University of Florida yesterday I had an opportunity to sit down and listen to Weis talk about the Bills/Cheifs game last year and J. Charles/ Thomas Jones (274 combined rushing yards vs. Bills)

He showed a bunch of cut-ups from the game and said he ran one running play all game because of the bills not adjusting numbers wise on defense. This one play was a stretch play that was set up as Reciever Left/T.E. left. Slot and other reciever to the right. Single back. He said they ran this one play 95% of the time because the Bills would not bring the numbers (until OT) in the box to stop the run. He simply said they would flip sides and run it again to the strong side, because the bills just would not match numbers throughout the entire game. What does this say about George Edwards last year?

Charlie Weis also said he really respects the Bills and the environment that they play in. He said no doubt the toughest place to play in the NFL. Period.

Also, Bill Belichick was at the Gators private practice yesterday, he's a tiny dude.

This leaves me with an even worse impression of Edwards than I already had. I wasn't sure that was possible.

This leaves me with an even worse impression of Edwards than I already had. I wasn't sure that was possible.

The chiefs scored 13 points in 5 quarters, at home against the Bills..Weis should talk less b/c he's done absolutely nothing since leaving tom brady & co. in NE. Edwards > Weis in that game.

Edited by bobobonators

While at the University of Florida yesterday I had an opportunity to sit down and listen to Weis talk about the Bills/Chiefs game last year...

You are the King of less-is-more.

Thanks for posting and wish you posted more often. Great stuff.

Doesn't this say something about the "qb of the defense" as well not making the right calls on the field? Just saying.

Awesome talk man - but why was he at UF showing clips of his games? Why were you there?

Not trying to be a Jauron, just curious. Was it a coaching conference or something?

Edited by Thoner7

Awesome talk man - but why was he at UF showing clips of his games? Why were you there?

Not trying to be a Jauron, just curious. Was it a coaching conference or something?

Thoner,

Yeah it was a coaching conference. And a damn good one at that. Each coach had an hour of presentation, then time to answer questions. Throughout the day you could talk to the coach anytime you wanted (lunch, dinner, free time). For example; Dan Quinn (defensive coordinator-Formerly Seahawks D-line coach) spoke on turnovers, focusing on his Ball Hawk method (dip, rip, bat, picks).

each coach would show Clips related to their topic.Weis walked on not abandoning the play (stretch as previously mentioned against the Bills.

Edited by STLBILLS15

Thoner,

Yeah it was a coaching conference. And a damn good one at that. Each coach had an hour of presentation, then time to answer questions. Throughout the day you could talk to the coach anytime you wanted (lunch, dinner, free time). For example; Dan Quinn (defensive coordinator-Formerly Seahawks D-line coach) spoke on turnovers, focusing on his Ball Hawk method (dip, rip, bat, picks).

each coach would show Clips related to their topic.Weis walked on not abandoning the play (stretch as previously mentioned against the Bills.

Thats awesome man, I would have loved to go to something like that. How did you hear about it? Do you coach for a HS team or something?

The chiefs scored 13 points in 5 quarters, at home against the Bills..Weis should talk less b/c he's done absolutely nothing since leaving tom brady & co. in NE. Edwards > Weis in that game.

Oh really? Since Edwards > Weis, I guess the Bills won that game, didn't they?

Isn't Charlie Weis the new offensive coordinator for the Gators?

Thoner,

Doesn't this say something about the "qb of the defense" as well not making the right calls on the field? Just saying.

That is a possibility. However, I'm still blaming Edwards. He's in over his head, like Dickie the J, and substantiates the Peter Principle.

I don't doubt that Weis's claim that the Bills failure to adjust their defense was one of the contributing reasons why their running game was successful in that particular game. But the truth of the matter is the Bills were bad against all teams defending the run. The primary problem with the Bills run defense last year is that their talent level on defense was painfully inadequate. Their lack of talent more than scheme was the reason why the Bills were so bad in their run defense.

Out of curiosity did you notice if Weis was limping very much? He has had issues with his knees and legs and also a serious health issue from what he believes was a botched stomach operation he had for weight control.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/02/14/attorney_calls_coachs_surgeons_negligent/

I don't doubt that Weis's claim that the Bills failure to adjust their defense was one of the contributing reasons why their running game was successful in that particular game. But the truth of the matter is the Bills were bad against all teams defending the run. The primary problem with the Bills run defense last year is that their talent level on defense was painfully inadequate. Their lack of talent more than scheme was the reason why the Bills were so bad in their run defense.

Out of curiosity did you notice if Weis was limping very much? He has had issues with his knees and legs and also a serious health issue from what he believes was a botched stomach operation he had for weight control.

http://www.boston.co...eons_negligent/

While the Bills lack of talent defensively (and offensively) is certainly a moot point:

If you always do

what you always did

you always get

what you always got.

So if you are George Edwards, and your run defense is getting torched, and you continue to do the same damn thing, WTF are you there for?

I'm pretty sure Weis was there because he is employed there.....

While the Bills lack of talent defensively (and offensively) is certainly a moot point:

If you always do

what you always did

you always get

what you always got.

So if you are George Edwards, and your run defense is getting torched, and you continue to do the same damn thing, WTF are you there for?

one may argue that george edwards defense that day, while allowing a ton of rushing yards, was pretty successful in allowing 10 points in regulation.

id venture fitz having about 4 yards an attempt and 50% completions probably was the real culprit.