Drayton Florence has a lockout plan...

"In a Twitter message directed to Virginia Destroyers coach Marty Schottenheimer, Bills cornerback Drayton Florence offered his services "as a defensive back coach until the lockout is over."

Florence played for Schottenheimer in San Diego."

http://profootballta...out-as-a-coach/

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

O Snap, that's a good one. It would be even funnier if it were true. <_<

PTR

Word.

As a resident of Virginia Beach, the home of the Destroyers, I'd be all for it. UFL players could learn a lot from an NFL vet, I'm sure.

im sure marty wants an over-rated corner to teach his guys how to draw a flag a game for PI or holding....

Who over-rates this guy. Oh wait maybe me bc I thought he was our best cb last year... honestly who on our team in the secondary made more plays?

"In a Twitter message directed to Virginia Destroyers coach Marty Schottenheimer, Bills cornerback Drayton Florence offered his services "as a defensive back coach until the lockout is over."

Good for him, maybe it will help him become a better player.

As a resident of the DC area that may be the closest I get to Football next year.

Didn't Buffalo have the Destroyers, is that still around?

I would think it can help the Bills.

I wonder if other players will take that step, Don't have to really worry about injuries and can still be involved in the game, plus when you retire its like a internship for coaching in the NFL.

Pretty smart by Drayton, in my opinion, if he gets the gig.

Huh?

Shh, he's rolling.

Maybe dude just plays a lot of Madden.

Florence is nothing but smart for looking to a career beyond playing football, and to a position that might offer him some perspective on his current line of work.

But maybe he should just stay home playing video games or go hang out at strip clubs; I'm sure that'd win him more fans around here.

Good for him, maybe it will help him become a better player.

This is what I thought too.

I've found that when I had the responsibility to supervise training, that having to explain different concepts to others helped me understand the concepts more fully myself.

I wonder if other players will take that step, Don't have to really worry about injuries and can still be involved in the game, plus when you retire its like a internship for coaching in the NFL.

Absolutely. It reflects well on Drayton…that he's at least thinking about his post-playing career.

I really don't understand why we let his contract expire without tendering him. He's been our most dependable corner for the past two seasons and usually when decent cornerbacks hit the open market, they seldom re-sign. Another needless hole to fill, it seems.

Who over-rates this guy. Oh wait maybe me bc I thought he was our best cb last year... honestly who on our team in the secondary made more plays?

Our secondary is WAY overrated and don't believe for a second that we're a top 5 pass defense.

Our secondary is WAY overrated and don't believe for a second that we're a top 5 pass defense.

That's not what I said. I was talking about him specifically and feel he is our most dependable member of our secondary who makes his fair share of plays. Believe me I'm well aware of our pass d getting a pass (pun intended) due to our terrible run d.

This is what I thought too.

I've found that when I had the responsibility to supervise training, that having to explain different concepts to others helped me understand the concepts more fully myself.

Absolutely. It reflects well on Drayton…that he's at least thinking about his post-playing career.

I really don't understand why we let his contract expire without tendering him. He's been our most dependable corner for the past two seasons and usually when decent cornerbacks hit the open market, they seldom re-sign. Another needless hole to fill, it seems.

Because he has too many years of service to tender?

Because he has too many years of service to tender?

I think you're right. Thanks, NS.

The question then becomes, why didn't they offer him an extension? This is like Jabari Greer all over again.

Yeah it would cost a lot to extend Florence but starting cornerbacks are expensive, not to mention the cost of having to find and pay his replacement.

I sure hope that Terrence McGee has some good football left in him…even though I'm skeptical about that.

I think you're right. Thanks, NS.

The question then becomes, why didn't they offer him an extension? This is like Jabari Greer all over again.

Yeah it would cost a lot to extend Florence but starting cornerbacks are expensive, not to mention the cost of having to find and pay his replacement.

I sure hope that Terrence McGee has some good football left in him…even though I'm skeptical about that.

You guys know that Buddy Nix was involved in drafting Florence in San Diego, right?

(same draft class as McGee)

He left San Diego for a huge payday in Jax then got cut after 1 year.

I'm thinking there might be a relationship there that might bring him back to Buffalo.

Regardless of the detractors Florence was solid and with a Gimpy McGee, an injured\raw Youbouty and Corner, raw\Dain Bramagaed McKelvin, Florence was probably our best CB in 2010.

Edited by Why So Serious?

You guys know that Buddy Nix was involved in drafting Florence in San Diego, right?

(same draft class as McGee)

He left San Diego for a huge payday in Jax then got cut after 1 year.

I'm thinking there might be a relationship there that might bring him back to Buffalo.

Regardless of the detractors Florence was solid and with a Gimpy McGee, an injured\raw Youbouty and Corner, raw\Dain Bramagaed McKelvin, Florence was probably our best CB in 2010.

Hope you're right, WSS…but ultimately, money talks. Maybe if our offer is right up there with the others.

Not only has Florence been solid and dependable against the pass and run but he's made big plays for us too.

And I completely agree with your assessment of our other cornerbacks. Three of them are still relatively young and could possibly improve…but that's mostly wishful thinking.

good maybe he can talk him and the Bills into joining the staff.

As a resident of the DC area that may be the closest I get to Football next year.

Didn't Buffalo have the Destroyers, is that still around?

I would think it can help the Bills.

nope destroyers left awhile ago and I think they went to Columbus OH.