OK, Which One of You Guys Are !@#$ing With Me

Chef Jim

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i found myself with one of these 'gift' subscriptions. had to do some detective work but found it originated from a web site i bought concert tickets from; a legit site (i think tickethorse but not sure). when i called rolling stone to cancel (or whatever 3rd party they use to handle their subscriptions) the agent acted surprised at how angry i was.. he told me that this was a 'gift' subscription and 'of course i could cancel at any time'. i tried to explain that being opted into something that i have to opt out of with my own time is anything but a 'gift'. this is a real BS way of conducting business but i'm guessing without tactics like these, paper publications like rolling stone would be bumped off by online resources a lot faster than they probably are. this piece of crap is full of so many ads it's hard to believe anyone would willingly shell out coin for it anyway.

I got a sample bottle of penis enlargement pills in the mail this week. However, I'm pretty sure my wife signed me up for those. :unsure:

I spoke with your wife last night and she's pissed. She wants her money back. Did you know she's been putting those in your orange juice every morning for a month. And I think she even mentioned something about it getting smaller.

I just received four issues of Rolling Stone and I have no idea where they came from. When one issue has Snooki on the cover and another has Justin Bieber I know you did this just to have my head explode. Nice try but instead of me freaking out it helps me come to the same conclusion that I've come to since we moved here to San Francisco.....we're right.

i get GQ. it gets addressed to a darryl johnson at my house.

im not darryl johnson and i have not called Gq to cancel either. why? i didnt cause this.

so out there in the world some where there is a darry johnson that looks crappy because i have his magz. lol.

Mystery solved. I called and it was a gift subscription for ordering concert tickets from Live Nation. I asked if they had any other magazine because I don't like Rollingstone. She said that was the only one offered. Geez....get a sense of humor girl.

Mystery solved. I called and it was a gift subscription for ordering concert tickets from Live Nation. I asked if they had any other magazine because I don't like Rollingstone. She said that was the only one offered. Geez....get a sense of humor girl.

How long ago did you buy the tickets? I get random live nation emails but I never actually bought anything from them. The last time I bought tickets of any kind online was right around this time last year for a Red Wings game at Joe Louis Arena.

How long ago did you buy the tickets? I get random live nation emails but I never actually bought anything from them. The last time I bought tickets of any kind online was right around this time last year for a Red Wings game at Joe Louis Arena.

They said it was February 2nd I believe. I like those Live Nation emails, they keep me up to date on the shows. I've been to probably more concerts in the two years I've lived in SF than the 26 years I live in southern CA.

They said it was February 2nd I believe. I like those Live Nation emails, they keep me up to date on the shows. I've been to probably more concerts in the two years I've lived in SF than the 26 years I live in southern CA.

i hate the "cancel" calls. i honestly would rather not get anything "free" when i know a future "cancel" call is coming.

I just received four issues of Rolling Stone and I have no idea where they came from. When one issue has Snooki on the cover and another has Justin Bieber I know you did this just to have my head explode. Nice try but instead of me freaking out it helps me come to the same conclusion that I've come to since we moved here to San Francisco.....we're right.

Wot's a Bieber?

Cheers,

Ozzy