OK Everybody...

Nanker

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to a concert Saturday night and will be home late for me. I can't afford to lose an hour. :cry:

At least they short sheeted the bed on a Saturday night and Sunday isn't a work day for most.

Always takes a few days to work out the mental gnashing though. At least for me it does.

For the past several years, I've had a severe eye twitch that lasts the duration of the fall-spring section of DST. When DST was shortened during the Bush administration, the twitch followed suit exactly. 'They' say it's related to sleep problems. I call bullsh--; I sleep fine and ~9 hours a night.

So I, for one, welcome losing the hour to get back to normal.

At least they short sheeted the bed on a Saturday night and Sunday isn't a work day for most.

Always takes a few days to work out the mental gnashing though. At least for me it does.

The one in fall always bugs me more. There's something so depressing about that first day of work where it's pitch black outside when you leave.

i've said it once and i'll say it again. this is the worst day of the year. and it infuriates me that The Man is screwing us little folk because we are generally losing an hour of "OUR" time. though i will be working this weekend, i still consider the weekend "OUR" time, and it's the establishment robbing us of an hour of sleep.

there is but one solution, and one that i've campaigned for for quite some time.

the best and perhaps only way to make lose-an-hour-of-sleep weekend palatable is to have the hour deducted on say a friday afternoon.

for example: at 4 p.m., the clock moves to 5 p.m. time to go home.

why must we hard-working folk have to lose the hour on what's essentially a drinking night.

(well, in my household, all nights are drinking nights, however i digress). :flirt:

jw

i've said it once and i'll say it again. this is the worst day of the year. and it infuriates me that The Man is screwing us little folk because we are generally losing an hour of "OUR" time. though i will be working this weekend, i still consider the weekend "OUR" time, and it's the establishment robbing us of an hour of sleep.

there is but one solution, and one that i've campaigned for for quite some time.

the best and perhaps only way to make lose-an-hour-of-sleep weekend palatable is to have the hour deducted on say a friday afternoon.

why must we hard-working folk have to lose the hour on what's essentially a drinking night.

(well, in my household, all nights are drinking nights, however i digress). :flirt:

jw

!@#$ yeah! :thumbsup:

jw

All ths to B word about last call?

I can't believe with your legendary investigative ability's you can't find a all night club.

Failing that, stash a bottle in the room. :beer:

ah, there's the rub, my all-night club is the one without a last call. but i fear for the amateurs out there, who do require the guidance of a last call so i wouldn't have to stumble over them on my way out of my watering hole, eh? :pirate:

jw

ah, there's the rub, my all-night club is the one without a last call. but i fear for the amateurs out there, who do require the guidance of a last call so i wouldn't have to stumble over them on my way out of my watering hole, eh? :pirate:

jw

Seat near the door[always a good idea in some clubs]. I thought you had this to a science?

Seat near the door[always a good idea in some clubs]. I thought you had this to a science?

nah, seat at the bar. closer to where the stuff you want is being served.

jw

You're both idiots. Seat near the strippers.

jw

Nice idea. I thought moving it to Friday night would be an improvement, but 4:00 PM on Friday evening is a novel suggestion.

By the way, since you're working this weekend. Do you get paid for a full eight hour shift or does the man skive your pay to match the seven actual hours you work from Midnight to 8:00 AM on Sunday?

IF you would tip OCCASIONALLY you might find they actually BRING THE DRINK TO YOU.

I don't think Moe's has strippers.

neither does the Swannie House, which is my place of choice.

by the way, do they have a last call in Anchorage?

Nice idea. I thought moving it to Friday night would be an improvement, but 4:00 PM on Friday evening is a novel suggestion.

By the way, since you're working this weekend. Do you get paid for a full eight hour shift or does the man skive your pay to match the seven actual hours you work from Midnight to 8:00 AM on Sunday?

i'm working the Sabres game, so it's immaterial.

don't know how it works for those rare folk who would work a midnight-8 a.m, shift in this modern day and age.

and i've been banging this lose the hour on Friday drum for some 20 years now and even brought it up on 'GR once, which got a laugh even out of Rob Ray. though many people like it, i've yet to generate a groundswell support for change.

jw

Edited by john wawrow