If Peterson falls to our pick

If Peterson is available  

130 members have voted

1. 1. what would you do>

• Pick him, best player availble.
    • Trade the spot to a team that would pick him for multiple picks.
    • just take another player.

I think that if Patrick Peterson fall to the Bills they should trade the pick to a team that would want him. I think that the Dallas Cowbows would trade. Jerry Jones loves to trade and would want the best one player in the draft. The Bill could end up with the good good bunch of picks and draft like this.

1.(9th) Von Miller OLB. He falls to Bills because of team needs ahead of him. WOW! Are luck has changed.

2.(34th) Akeem Ayers ILB. Holy cow Bills defense starting to look pretty good.

2.(40th from Dallas) Jake Locker QB. Would of been our 1st round pick last year. Could be a bust, but maybe not.

3.(68th) Chris Hairston OT. Blocked for Spiller at Clemson and hopefully be the OT this team needs.

4.(99th) Lance Kendricks TE. Falls to fourth because run on defense in early rounds.

4.(109th from Dallas) Shareece Wright CB. Need depth at position and good value at this spot

4.(121st from Seatle) Dom Decicco SS. Played at Pitt for Wanny.

5.(130th) Lawrence Guy DE. 3-4 Defense End.

6.(164st) Anthony Gray NT. Need Depth on the line.

7.(195th) Eddie Jones OLB. Depth at position.

7.(209th from Dallas) Stevan Ridley RB. Depth at position. Jackson is not the youngest guy.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that if Patrick Peterson fall to the Bills they should trade the pick to a team that would want him. I think that the Dallas Cowbows would trade. Jerry Jones loves to trade and would want the best one player in the draft. The Bill could end up with the good good bunch of picks and draft like this.

1.(9th) Von Miller OLB. He falls to Bills because of team needs ahead of him. WOW! Are luck has changed.

2.(34th) Akeem Ayers ILB. Holy cow Bills defense starting to look pretty good.

2.(40th from Dallas) Jake Locker QB. Would of been our 1st round pick last year. Could be a bust, but maybe not.

3.(68th) Chris Hairston OT. Blocked for Spiller at Clemson and hopefully be the OT this team needs.

4.(99th) Lance Kendricks TE. Falls to fourth because run on defense in early rounds.

4.(109th from Dallas) Shareece Wright CB. Need depth at position and good value at this spot

4.(121st from Seatle) Dom Decicco SS. Played at Pitt for Wanny.

5.(130th) Lawrence Guy DE. 3-4 Defense End.

6.(164st) Anthony Gray NT. Need Depth on the line.

7.(195th) Eddie Jones OLB. Depth at position.

7.(209th from Dallas) Stevan Ridley RB. Depth at position. Jackson is not the youngest guy.

And maybe we can take Blaine Gabbert in the 5th and AJ Green in the 6th.

DBs are very rarely taken in the Top5 and to expect a team to essential trade a 1st and 2nd and possibly an additional pick to move up, meaning a franchise would be using 3/7 picks to draft One DB is a giant stretch.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Who in their right mind would take Peterson over trading down and a boatload of picks? I mean if you wanted to sit put and grab Dareus or Fairley that’s one thing, but Peterson over one of those guys or a trade down? That is exactly whats wrong with the Bills – they think like those fans do!

DBs are very rarely taken in the Top5 and to expect a team to essential trade a 1st and 2nd and possibly an additional pick to move up, meaning a franchise would be using 3/7 picks to draft One DB is a giant stretch.

Maybe, but Jerry Jones is the guy who would stretch.

Who in their right mind would take Peterson over trading down and a boatload of picks? I mean if you wanted to sit put and grab Dareus or Fairley that’s one thing, but Peterson over one of those guys or a trade down? That is exactly whats wrong with the Bills – they think like those fans do!

Ain't it the truth!

This guy returns kicks. So I can totally see the Bills drafting him. :bag:

I have no idea why the NFL perception of drafting a CB with the #1 overall is not a good pick... that might have been the case in years past ....but, this is a different league now, and it is dominated by the best passing teams. So why not draft the best defensive player in the draft, even if he is a CB?

Some of the current highest paid players in the NFL are QB's-DE-LT's-DT's and CB's, in that order. That order might change once a team makes an offer to Nnamdi Asomugha who is an URFA, the guy was set to make 16.8 million this year before the Raiders voided his contract This man is noted for being the premier cover corner in the NFL, and the best defensive free agent on the market, he also didn't allow a single TD pass to be thrown against him last season. There are like 3 very good cover corners Champ Bailey-Asomugha-Darrelle Revis, the Bills could use one IMO

Peterson is 6ft 219 lbs and runs a 4.3 40, which is unheard of for a CB to be that big, and that fast!

I know I'm being particular, but (based on the draft value chart) it would likely take Dallas' 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and their 5th round pick to make this a fair trade. That being said...hell yes I would trade back to #9 to acquire all of those additional picks! What rebuilding team wouldn't make that deal in a heartbeat!?!?

Now that I think about it....I doubt any team covets Patrick Peterson to the extent that they would give away their entire draft for him. I think the same could be said for any other player in this draft. We're going to pick at #3.

If Peterson falls to 3 (and he very well might) I think there is the option of taking a franchise level cb (not our greatest need) or of shopping a VERY attractive pick. It would be hard to screw this up. That being said we have some history of screwing up.

I know I'm being particular, but (based on the draft value chart) it would likely take Dallas' 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and their 5th round pick to make this a fair trade. That being said...hell yes I would trade back to #9 to acquire all of those additional picks! What rebuilding team wouldn't make that deal in a heartbeat!?!?

Now that I think about it....I doubt any team covets Patrick Peterson to the extent that they would give away their entire draft for him. I think the same could be said for any other player in this draft. We're going to pick at #3.

I'm not a believer in the "NFL draft pick value" system. Whoever drew it up has waaaay too much time on their hands...and IMO, is absolutely clueless. Whoever thinks that trading up 6 spots in te draft is worth a 1st 2nd 3rd and 5th rounder doesn't know jack. Give me a top ten pick and an additional 2 rounder and we call it even. If nix and co are trying to get equal "value" according to some stupid chart, we will be picking at 3 because its not gonna happen, imo

I'm not a believer in the "NFL draft pick value" system. Whoever drew it up has waaaay too much time on their hands...and IMO, is absolutely clueless. t even.

Jimmy Johnson.

Barring any kind of a trade down if Peterson falls to us at #3 then I think that we have to give it a very strong consideration. Altough I've been a big advocate for us to take Robert Quinn (hopefully he gives us some Bruce Smith type results) at #3, having the opportunity to take maybe the premiere player of the draft is not a hateful position to be in. He's not a bad choice, just not a sexy one. A team, especially ours, can never go wrong by taking a blue chip playmaker. I would never think that taking the best player available at your slot would be a wrong thing. Just my opinion.

Edited by Tipster19

This guy returns kicks. So I can totally see the Bills drafting him. :bag:

Nolan Nawrocki says we'd take him. He's been picking our drafting picks accurately since Whitner, so I say go with it...

It is mind blowing to me that Bills fans want us to draft a CB with pick #3! Seriously we were dead last in the nfl against the run last year- and you want to draft a CB?!?! When was the last time we got a CB draft pick right? (or a S for that matter)? Peterson is hardly can't miss and we need instant help with the #3 selection. For me if the selection is anyone besides Green, Dareous, Or Von Miller this draft would be yet another colossal failure

I'm not a believer in the "NFL draft pick value" system. Whoever drew it up has waaaay too much time on their hands...and IMO, is absolutely clueless. Whoever thinks that trading up 6 spots in te draft is worth a 1st 2nd 3rd and 5th rounder doesn't know jack. Give me a top ten pick and an additional 2 rounder and we call it even. If nix and co are trying to get equal "value" according to some stupid chart, we will be picking at 3 because its not gonna happen, imo

Well then it's a good thing that you're not an NFL General Manager. Whether you think the "NFL draft pick value" chart is silly or not, there is a HUGE difference between picking at #3 and picking at #9. This difference cannot be compensated for by simply adding a 2nd round pick. If it were as simple as this, then teams would be more apt to trade up into the top 5. Truth is...it very rarely happens.

If the Bills traded back to #9, and only got an additional 2nd rounder as compensation, Buddy Nix would be burned at the stake.