Obama's Stonewalling

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are all the hysterical Op-Ed pieces calling for the release of our Strategic Reserves and questioning oil company contributions to the President's campaign? Also, are they planning to rerun that made-for-TV movie about the entire country collapsing into chaos when gas hits $10/gallon?? I recall that one getting a lot of attention a few years ago.

Where are all the hysterical Op-Ed pieces calling for the release of our Strategic Reserves and questioning oil company contributions to the President's campaign?

Tomorrow's papers. I heard quite a few talking heads this morning saying "Here's what I'll be writing..."

There is no shortage of oil. Hence demand can't be driving the prices. Is it more expensive for the producers? And why do gas prices rise immediately when oil prices rise, yet when they fall, it takes a week?

There is no shortage of oil. Hence demand can't be driving the prices. Is it more expensive for the producers? And why do gas prices rise immediately when oil prices rise, yet when they fall, it takes a week?

It has to be free market collusion at the filling station level. Just a casual observer notices the strange dynamics that go on in a given area... I mean come on, gas goes up on Friday? When everybody gets their pay check and their ride is on fumes? Stations have to go around and compare what other's are doing... Then everthing just slides one way or the other.

Even if there are strange dynamics at play... What can be done... Absolutely nothing. Really boils down to human greed and opportunism.

It has to be free market collusion at the filling station level. Just a casual observer notices the strange dynamics that go on in a given area... I mean come on, gas goes up on Friday? When everybody gets their pay check and their ride is on fumes? Stations have to go around and compare what other's are doing... Then everthing just slides one way or the other.

Even if there are strange dynamics at play... What can be done... Absolutely nothing. Really boils down to human greed and opportunism.

Buy your gas on Thursday. :unsure:

Come on, who the hell waits for payday to get gas?

Buy your gas on Thursday. :unsure:

Come on, who the hell waits for payday to get gas?

Not me... But I am in a working class town and notice it. I usually fill up when the tank is low... And it sucks when it is Friday or later in the week. Sometimes I don't like filling up on say Wednedday night after work at midnight... I may be off on Thurs and then drag the children around for a few mile... If I stall and wait til Friday... You usually get burned 5 or more cents a gallon.

Blaming Obama for the high gasoline prices is about as idiotic as blaming Bush for the collapse of the economy. It's a straw man's argument. Obama's decision on the moratorium may have impacted short-term prices by a $2-4 a barrel and possibly a little more going out further than 3 years from now. That's it!!

Maybe if the government would let the oil companies drill in our own country the prices would lower and we wouldn't have to rely on the religious wacko middle east. There hasn't been a new refinery built in the US since the mid 80s. We aren't allowed to use coal. Can't use nuclear power. wtf? But the green crew are as happy as pig in ****. Meanwhile, $4 a gallon is really going to help the already putrid economy. Obama is either retarded or evil. What a joke.

Blaming Obama for the high gasoline prices is about as idiotic as blaming Bush for the collapse of the economy. It's a straw man's argument. Obama's decision on the moratorium may have impacted short-term prices by a $2-4 a barrel and possibly a little more going out further than 3 years from now. That's it!!

Of course its not all his fault. THis has been going on for years. He's just the king of the dip ***** right now. His shutting the rigs down is just a indicator of really how clueless he is. Or he really does want to see the downfall of this country. Either way he's beyond useless. He's dangerous.

Maybe if the government would let the oil companies drill in our own country the prices would lower and we wouldn't have to rely on the religious wacko middle east. There hasn't been a new refinery built in the US since the mid 80s. We aren't allowed to use coal. Can't use nuclear power. wtf? But the green crew are as happy as pig in ****. Meanwhile, $4 a gallon is really going to help the already putrid economy. Obama is either retarded or evil. What a joke.

Of course its not all his fault. THis has been going on for years. He's just the king of the dip ***** right now. His shutting the rigs down is just a indicator of really how clueless he is. Or he really does want to see the downfall of this country. Either way he's beyond useless. He's dangerous.

It was an idiotic economic move, but you have to understand who his donating constituents are, he was the great _____ hope of the progressive movement, they thought he was going to fulfill their entire agenda, and when he pushed through things that for most rational centrist thinking people were considered too far to the left then he pissed off many people, but of course there are the loons from the left that believe he hasnt gone far enough *cough cough* (lybob), so he HAS to throw these monkeys a banana once in a while or support will drop for him heading into the elections.

Not me... But I am in a working class town and notice it. I usually fill up when the tank is low... And it sucks when it is Friday or later in the week. Sometimes I don't like filling up on say Wednedday night after work at midnight... I may be off on Thurs and then drag the children around for a few mile... If I stall and wait til Friday... You usually get burned 5 or more cents a gallon.

Yeah that extra dollar really sucks.

It's not your five cents anyway, it's a national resource.

Snowballing effect? Why would suppliers and station owners drop their prices after getting high prices? At least it would take a slower time to lower prices. They hear the bad news overseas and then react. It doesn't have the same effect at lowering prices. Negative news is opportunistic news... People are leary.

Just saying.

Why all the wisecracks with my comments? I said, basically nothing can be done... How do you prove this type of petty gouging... It is when the gouging goes off the scale that it can sorta be proven... But small time collusion acting on the whole picture barely turns a blind eye. What gives?

I am not saying the extra dollar sucks... I could care less... I drive 5 years old cars that get 15 miles per gallon... I really wouldn't feel the squeeze on the family budget till gas hits about 10 bucks a gallon. Anyway... When it rises... It is just some other product I am not buying in lieu of getting petrol and to work.

Something always has to give... And Americans should start accepting that... Maybe en masse, the consumers can turn the tide back in their favor... Ha! Highly unlikey... Think they will give up their Snickers Bar® and soda while filling up?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Snowballing effect? Why would suppliers and station owners drop their prices after getting high prices? At least it would take a slower time to lower prices. They hear the bad news overseas and then react. It doesn't have the same effect at lowering prices. Negative news is opportunistic news... People are leary.

Just saying.

Why all the wisecracks with my comments? I said, basically nothing can be done... How do you prove this type of petty gouging... It is when the gouging goes off the scale that it can sorta be proven... But small time collusion acting on the whole picture barely turns a blind eye. What gives?

I am not saying the extra dollar sucks... I could care less... I drive 5 years old cars that get 15 miles per gallon... I really wouldn't feel the squeeze on the family budget till gas hits about 10 bucks a gallon. Anyway... When it rises... It is just some other product I am not buying in lieu of getting petrol and to work.

Something always has to give... And Americans should start accepting that... Maybe en masse, the consumers can turn the tide back in their favor... Ha! Highly unlikey... Think they will give up their Snickers Bar® and soda while filling up?

Looks like you got your computer back :thumbsup: