Jets / Bears cuts

I'm guessing Tommie Harris

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-0301-haugh-bears-harris--20110228,0,1033420.column

Pass on both, Harris doesnt fit the Bills scheme, and Woody is old.

Woody is 33, which is not exceptionally old for a RT. And he's averaged over 14 starts a year through his entire career, so he's not injury prone.

The Bills might have 1 NFL caliber Tackle on their roster. Woody would be a reasonably priced, experienced and reliable vet who could be an excellent transition player while the Bills add some younger talent at the OT position. The fact that he knows the Jets playbook doesn't hurt either.

Go get some, Buddy.

Woody is 33, which is not exceptionally old for a RT. And he's averaged over 14 starts a year through his entire career, so he's not injury prone.

The Bills might have 1 NFL caliber Tackle on their roster. Woody would be a reasonably priced, experienced and reliable vet who could be an excellent transition player while the Bills add some younger talent at the OT position. The fact that he knows the Jets playbook doesn't hurt either.

Go get some, Buddy.

It goes without saying that Woody is qualified for our line, Woody, Wang, Wood, Levitre, Bell. If only Bell's last name was Ball.

We should take a flyer on either Jenkins or Shaun Rogers.

I love the idea of rotating them with Troupe at NT. Then we can move Williams to his more natural position of LDE, backed up by Kelsay.

At RDE we rotate Edwards and Carrington.

If we get decent production out of Jenkins or Rogers, that's a capable DLine, and we don't have to waste any draft picks on the over blown prospects like Fairley.

Then we can draft for the what should be the true strength a 3-4 scheme: linebackers.

I would take Damian Woody but only as a one or two year stop gap type situation at RT. Woody to me only makes sense if you get him for the right price and if you don't feel like you can't get one of the other RT free agents out there. If you can maybe draft a RT in the 4th round and groom him behind Woody for a year or two that could possibly be a good situation.