Saints cut Jeremy Shockey

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been solid down here. Not great but he's grown up some. He lives about 100 yards down the street from me so I get a lot of stories- still goes out more then you like to see (he's toned down some), not sure how he'd feel about a small market like buff (keep in mind - hes played at Miami, NY and new Orleans) but he's still a player on the field. Jimmy Graham is just real good, real cheap, and new Orleans has a TON of free agents.

He would be a helluva pickup. Shockey at this point in his career is less jackass than he was early on. He's a long way from the Randy Moss/Mike Vick d-baggery zip code. And let's face it, ANY TE would be better than what the Bills have.

Shockey is a player on the decline in almost every statistical category.

Sure, he's better than what we have now, but I'd pass. I agree we need to invest in this position either via draft or FA. I'd make a hard run at Marcedes Lewis, Zach Miller or Kevin Boss before Shockey.

Shockey has been very professional in N.O. Him being dropped has more to do with the production of Graham. Shockey would be a great pickup

Honestly, how he reacts to this will say a lot. He's very close to a lot of the vets and coaches. Has compared Sean Peyton to a family member. Really took to the community post katrina. The team asked him to tutor his replacement and he did it so well he's unemployed. If he is ok with this and still willing to be a vet that young guys can go to, he's VERY valuable. If he takes it as a slap in the face, and withdraws from teams - gets focused on himself instead of trusting the team it is trouble.

That all said- he is out cause Graham is GOOD and shockey would've been a back up. Too much money for a backup TE. It's not cause shockey can't play. He's a starter on all but about 10 teams I'd say without thinking too hard.

I also really like some of these new Orleans guys that have been around the rebuilding. I think it's humbled a lot of them and made them realize how important football can be to a community. I think it helped shockey grow up to be here.

Edited by NoSaint

Do you have a better suggestion as to what the Bills should do at TE before next season? Graham Harrell perhaps?

You mean other than drafting Lance Kendricks? No, I seriously think the Bills should sign Shockey - I'm good with that.

(Besides, we'd never be able to convince Harrell to leave the Superbowl champion Packers to come to Buffalo, or switch to TE for that matter!)

Buddy, Get 'er dunn

Ahhh...the first in a series of "Get er duns". I think we had "get er duns" on Matt Moore, Flozell Adams and Adalius Thomas last year.

I'm starting to think "get er dun" is a sign that a guy's career is over.