Amazing Race is back!

Just Jack

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, first of all, how BEAUTIFUL is Manley Bay, Australia? And how AWESOME was this leg of the race? Getting to sail on a skiff? Getting to swim among sharks and "queen-sized bed rays"?? Sign me up!

This was a VERY busy leg for the teams...they went super-size for this episode. I liked the idea of the pre-race challenge to start it off, and I also like the idea of the free pass thing that the first team won at the checkpoint. That being said, I have a HUGE problem with those two cheerleaders being allowed to race again. That red head is one of the biggest <insert C-word here>'s on earth. I remember when she raced the last time, she was a complete and utter embarrassment to all self-respecting Americans. She was constantly rude and berating to the locals in the other countries they traveled to, often times screaming about how frustrated she was with "foreigners who don't speak english", when SHE'S THE FARKIN FOREIGNER!! Having squabbles and fights with your partner or among the other teams is one thing, but don't act like douchebags and take the stance of the "ugly american" and treat others like that. CBS should have included another team...

Also, I'd be surprised if one or both of these senior guys on the race didn't end up with some really serious medical issues along the way. It seemed based on the preview that Mike White's dad may be the first to have issues, but I recall both of them struggling the last time. I hope they both do well, but I think this race may prove to be too difficult for one or both.

How awesome is it to have Survivor, Race, and Idol all going at once? Hells yeah!! :D

This was a VERY busy leg for the teams...they went super-size for this episode. I liked the idea of the pre-race challenge to start it off, and I also like the idea of the free pass thing that the first team won at the checkpoint. That being said, I have a HUGE problem with those two cheerleaders being allowed to race again. That red head is one of the biggest <insert C-word here>'s on earth.

I missed it last night (watched "L'Illusioniste" and "The Hurt Locker") but will make sure to catch it as long as they've got it online.

Anyway, tho, I don't care what you say. Jaime Edmundson is HOT! so she's allowed a little leeway. ;)

I missed it last night (watched "L'Illusioniste" and "The Hurt Locker") but will make sure to catch it as long as they've got it online.

Anyway, tho, I don't care what you say. Jaime Edmundson is HOT! so she's allowed a little leeway. ;)

She's REALLY hot, but only when her mouth is shut lol. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but hot girls become VERY unattractive to me when they are hateful, mean spirited, stuck up, or just otherwise c's.

But yeah, she's pretty hot lol

Okay, first of all, how BEAUTIFUL is Manley Bay, Australia? And how AWESOME was this leg of the race? Getting to sail on a skiff? Getting to swim among sharks and "queen-sized bed rays"?? Sign me up!

This was a VERY busy leg for the teams...they went super-size for this episode. I liked the idea of the pre-race challenge to start it off, and I also like the idea of the free pass thing that the first team won at the checkpoint. That being said, I have a HUGE problem with those two cheerleaders being allowed to race again. That red head is one of the biggest <insert C-word here>'s on earth. I remember when she raced the last time, she was a complete and utter embarrassment to all self-respecting Americans. She was constantly rude and berating to the locals in the other countries they traveled to, often times screaming about how frustrated she was with "foreigners who don't speak english", when SHE'S THE FARKIN FOREIGNER!! Having squabbles and fights with your partner or among the other teams is one thing, but don't act like douchebags and take the stance of the "ugly american" and treat others like that. CBS should have included another team...

Also, I'd be surprised if one or both of these senior guys on the race didn't end up with some really serious medical issues along the way. It seemed based on the preview that Mike White's dad may be the first to have issues, but I recall both of them struggling the last time. I hope they both do well, but I think this race may prove to be too difficult for one or both.

How awesome is it to have Survivor, Race, and Idol all going at once? Hells yeah!! :D

It's one of my dreams to go to Australia. It looks wonderful there! The sail boating thing looked fun! Oh, to be on this show...We should have a TBD Team on Amazing race! lol

Come on cowboys, figure out the friggin' code thing! :doh: Though most of the teams cheated and had others tell them what it was. :rolleyes:

Edited by LanaK6

Couldn't agree more. They are really hot but the rating drops after you watch them for a while. In contrast, the Asian girl(Christina) has to be one of the most pleasant people they have ever had on that show. Smart and level headed AND cute. And just imagine. She isn't a <insert C-word here>! Marriage material. Those red heads probably make some poor schmoe's life miserable

Edited by Dante

Couldn't agree more. They are really hot but the rating drops after you watch them for a while. In contrast, the Asian girl(Christina) has to be one of the most pleasant people they have ever had on that show. Smart and level headed AND cute. And just imagine. She isn't a <insert C-word here>! Marriage material. Those red heads probably make some poor schmoe's life miserable

That's a great point, cause when I first saw the Asian girl, I didn't immediately find her attractive. But as you got to know her personality along the way, by the end of the season I found myself thinking she was a real catch and an all-around good person. I completely agree, it's like the exact same situation but in reverse. I remember getting pretty p.o.'ed at her dad for treating her like crap, but at least he apologized and worked on the manner in which he was treating her as the show went on. That's one of the (many) things I love about this show - the way you get to observe how all these legs of the race impact the relationships of the racers. In fact, I almost think going on this show would be better than pre-marital counseling! lol

That's a great point, cause when I first saw the Asian girl, I didn't immediately find her attractive. But as you got to know her personality along the way, by the end of the season I found myself thinking she was a real catch and an all-around good person. I completely agree, it's like the exact same situation but in reverse. I remember getting pretty p.o.'ed at her dad for treating her like crap, but at least he apologized and worked on the manner in which he was treating her as the show went on. That's one of the (many) things I love about this show - the way you get to observe how all these legs of the race impact the relationships of the racers. In fact, I almost think going on this show would be better than pre-marital counseling! lol

Yep. You find out really fast if you can get along adequately or if you'll just exasperate/hate each other.

Yep. You find out really fast if you can get along adequately or if you'll just exasperate/hate each other.

It's funny how fast that realization takes place, too...you'll see the pre-race clip of a team talking about how much butt they're going to kick, and how strong their relationship is, and then half way through the first leg they're swearing at each other and screaming at the locals lol.

It's one of my dreams to go to Australia. It looks wonderful there! The sail boating thing looked fun! Oh, to be on this show...We should have a TBD Team on Amazing race! lol

Come on cowboys, figure out the friggin' code thing! :doh: Though most of the teams cheated and had others tell them what it was. :rolleyes:

Went to Freemantle - Perth in Western Australia in the early 80's. Great place. :thumbsup:

They are so friggin HOT in HD! With the Cowboys sucking, I have to say redhead cheerleaders FTW! :thumbsup:

HOT indeed but her hair looks to be a different shade of red this season so looks like a new hair dye. That said I was a little surprised with some of the casting as that when think of team's with unfinished business they'd have some of the tougher teams. As that Zed guy still seems a little "slow". Also don't remember the black sisters being a great team but they did seem to have fought with deaf kid and his mom so guess that adds some drama. Also Kent and Vixen aren't all that impressive. Time will tell but it still the best reality show on tv as it really seems to catch people being real.

HOT indeed but her hair looks to be a different shade of red this season so looks like a new hair dye.

As that Zed guy still seems a little "slow".

Looks like one of the cheerleaders had some sort of facial plastic surgery.

If I remember correctly, Zev is mildly autistic, not "slow"

HOT indeed but her hair looks to be a different shade of red this season so looks like a new hair dye. That said I was a little surprised with some of the casting as that when think of team's with unfinished business they'd have some of the tougher teams. As that Zed guy still seems a little "slow". Also don't remember the black sisters being a great team but they did seem to have fought with deaf kid and his mom so guess that adds some drama. Also Kent and Vixen aren't all that impressive. Time will tell but it still the best reality show on tv as it really seems to catch people being real.

Let's hope so. I don't care what other people do with their lives, but that doesn't mean that I want to see the equivalent of the Pixyland guything guy on my teevee screen every week.

Tho, I was sorry to hear that his father died earlier this year.... It's true, as the girl said, that when you're facing something unpleasant, you get through it by thinking about the people you love and that you're doing it for them. That basically sums up the whole of the human existence when you think about it.