Amazing Race is back!

Just Jack

Oh, I have no doubt it burned like hell! I wasn't being critical of her reaction to the burn, but to the decision to touch it with her hand to begin with lol. They take it out of the cooker thing right in front of you and the clue had the word "molten" right on it.

And you've never done anything stupid like that before? Yes you have, there just wasn't a camera around. :P

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kimchee is a sourkraut type dish served in asian countries, most notably in korea, where the spiced cabbage is traditionally placed in a pot dug into the ground and allowed to ferment.

as strange as that might sound, kimchee is quite tasty.

it's one of my wife and my favorite side dishes when we hit the Korean Grillhouse in Toronto at least once a year.

it's a little spicy and pickly, but very good.

jw

Ah okay, thanks John....it didn't make sense that this guy was running around stinking up the entire country

And you've never done anything stupid like that before? Yes you have, there just wasn't a camera around. :P

I do stupid things all the time, but I don't make a habit of touching "molten" anything lol

any pickled/fermented cabbage is, well, pungent.

jw

I grew up around a very Polish extended family, so I was exposed to all sorts of cabbage arrangements growing up. I can see why that would have an impact on how a particular area smelled, for sure.

I do stupid things all the time, but I don't make a habit of touching "molten" anything lol

A few years ago, we just finished making breakfast. I walked by the electric stove to get the orange juice from the fridge and I noticed a weird white film on the burner. Without thinking, I said, "Huh, wonder what this is?" as I ran my finger along the burner. There was much swearing at both the extreme pain and the extreme stupidity. :censored:

A few years ago, we just finished making breakfast. I walked by the electric stove to get the orange juice from the fridge and I noticed a weird white film on the burner. Without thinking, I said, "Huh, wonder what this is?" as I ran my finger along the burner. There was much swearing at both the extreme pain and the extreme stupidity. :censored:

I'll tell you what's REALLY stupid, and that's DirecTv's plan to offer premium movies - titles that have been phased out of the theater but not on DVD for another month - through their streaming service for THIRTY BUCKS A POP. Who the heck is going to pay that?

I'll tell you what's REALLY stupid, and that's DirecTv's plan to offer premium movies - titles that have been phased out of the theater but not on DVD for another month - through their streaming service for THIRTY BUCKS A POP. Who the heck is going to pay that?

There's obviously a market or they wouldn't have made the deal with the movie studios. ;)

There's obviously a market or they wouldn't have made the deal with the movie studios. ;)

well it's certainly not the MASS market...I bet if we did a poll on TBD, it would be less than 10% of respondents that would ever consider paying that much money for a movie that was 1) just in theaters, and 2) about to be on dvd in the next month. Maybe there is some niche market that they've identified who just CAN'T WAIT another month to see the same movie for $4 or $5 instead of $30...but in this economy and with all the available entertainment options out there, it's really hard to believe.

I agree with all the sentiment about Chritne's dad being annoying. He's seemingly doing it on purpose too just to get a rise out of his daughter. Vixen's meltdowns are off the charts, it wouldn't surprise me if we learn she's got some kind of mental disability or maybe excessive panic attacks or something. I mean why on earth would she take the fanny pack off to begin with? I can see when Christine did because they had to for the challenge but if you're wearing it going up a gondola why would you take it off? Luke and his constant yelling for his Mom is getting to me. Mallory is such a total goofball but how can you not love her? The Cowboys are still a team to reckon with and I guess the subtitle of Unfinished Business refers to these continue racing legs. Yet I'd prefer seeing a 2 hour race episode then have to see another dumb episode of Under Cover Boss and condense the Celebrity Apprentice to 1 hour (yeah I know difference network).

I agree with all the sentiment about Chritne's dad being annoying. He's seemingly doing it on purpose too just to get a rise out of his daughter. Vixen's meltdowns are off the charts, it wouldn't surprise me if we learn she's got some kind of mental disability or maybe excessive panic attacks or something. I mean why on earth would she take the fanny pack off to begin with? I can see when Christine did because they had to for the challenge but if you're wearing it going up a gondola why would you take it off? Luke and his constant yelling for his Mom is getting to me. Mallory is such a total goofball but how can you not love her? The Cowboys are still a team to reckon with and I guess the subtitle of Unfinished Business refers to these continue racing legs. Yet I'd prefer seeing a 2 hour race episode then have to see another dumb episode of Under Cover Boss and condense the Celebrity Apprentice to 1 hour (yeah I know difference network).

Totally agree with this. Undercover boss was only good maybe the first couple of episodes. Now it's just booooorrriiinnnngg! More Amazing Race, please! My favorites have been the cowboys all along. :blush: Can't stand Vixen and what's his face anymore. Tired of looking at the fake faces they paint on themselves and the whining. I also get a kick out of watching the globe trotters. Love this show! :thumbsup:

I do stupid things all the time,

:lol:

0:)

Heck yeah, I'd love to see a 2 hr Amazing Race! That show is non-stop action from start to finish each and every week...they could easily make it two hours a pop. And I agree about 'Boss', too. These are nothing more than advertisements for companies anymore...it seems way too set-up and it's lost it's charm. I tell you what I'd like to see instead is more Gordon Ramsay. I think he may have fallen out of favor a bit in the US, but I find this guy one of the most interesting people on TV and I enjoy Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen.

And I also agree about Mallory...that one red headed cheerleader could learn a LOT from that girl. She loves life, is always in a good mood, is very friendly and respectful, and clearly loves her dad. :thumbsup:

:lol:

0:)

mmmhmmm....*tapping foot*

Mallory & dad were one of my favs for most of last season, though FAR behind Brook & whats-her-name... until that one event where she ended up covered in pig sh** (or maybe it was cow sh**). That was pretty nasty, yet it all seemed natural to her.

Heck yeah, I'd love to see a 2 hr Amazing Race! That show is non-stop action from start to finish each and every week...they could easily make it two hours a pop. And I agree about 'Boss', too. These are nothing more than advertisements for companies anymore...it seems way too set-up and it's lost it's charm. I tell you what I'd like to see instead is more Gordon Ramsay. I think he may have fallen out of favor a bit in the US, but I find this guy one of the most interesting people on TV and I enjoy Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen.

And I also agree about Mallory...that one red headed cheerleader could learn a LOT from that girl. She loves life, is always in a good mood, is very friendly and respectful, and clearly loves her dad. :thumbsup:

mmmhmmm....*tapping foot*

Ramsey is great. I can appreciate his no nonsense approach as he's understand he's doing it in order to help improve the people but at the same time think part of it to add drama to his shows which I don't like. Yet the guy does know his stuff and I've watched him on BBC America and those shows seem so much better than his US Shows as it seems the people in Britain were actually trying to do the tasks at hand and not looking to be a celebreality.

Ramsey is great. I can appreciate his no nonsense approach as he's understand he's doing it in order to help improve the people but at the same time think part of it to add drama to his shows which I don't like. Yet the guy does know his stuff and I've watched him on BBC America and those shows seem so much better than his US Shows as it seems the people in Britain were actually trying to do the tasks at hand and not looking to be a celebreality.

Oh yeah, big difference between his American shows and his BBC shows...totally agree. He's almost like a different person, but then again we know that Americans need a bit more sensationalism in their entertainment than the tea-drinking Brits do lol. What I respect about Ramsay is his insistence and expectation of quality. He's all about simplicity and doing things the right way from the beginning, and I love how fast he gets on people who attempt to take shortcuts or go outside of what he considers acceptable production. The guy is clearly more of a showman on his American shows, but I don't mind it so much. I have had indirect experience with his efforts on his Kitchen Nightmare show, and I've been assured that he really does legitimately turn around those failing restaurants. They invest a LOT of money in those restoration efforts and I believe quite a few of the places he's turned around have stayed turned around. That's pretty cool, I think. But at the same time, the show can really scare the crap out of you in terms of choosing restaurants to eat at. I worked as a server/trainer for five years but I was fortunate enough to work with owners who had very high standards. But some of these places Ramsay visits are DISGUSTING!!

I will not miss the team that left tonight at all zzzzzzzzzzzz,

Go cowboys!

go dallas!

j/k

i like mal and dad

globetrotters

I like Mike White and his dad, but for fux sake, why does every frickin leg of the race have to end up with them bawling like babies and having to pull dad from the challenge so he doesn't kill himself? If he's that unstable health wise, maybe he should have maybe considered NOT going on a race around the world? It was touching the first time they ever became emotional, but my gosh, after the fourth and fifth time it just sort of loses its effect. And what's with that half-assed effort when looking for the frog?? They were both just walking around reaching down into the mud trying to find it. The teams that found it quickly got their asses FULLY down in the mud crawling around trying to find it with some urgency. If at least one of them would have done that, chances are they wouldn't have needed to get evaluated by the medical staff.

every week he was dying more and more. literally.

at the end of the show it would be the finish line. BUT OF HIS LIFE. LOL.

couldnt we get another couple that could endure the whole race????

every week he was dying more and more. literally.

at the end of the show it would be the finish line. BUT OF HIS LIFE. LOL.

couldnt we get another couple that could endure the whole race????

lol, I know, the guy always seemed fine to me after the leg...why it was made out to be some life or death situation every time he had to complete a frickin detour is beyond me man

lol, I know, the guy always seemed fine to me after the leg...why it was made out to be some life or death situation every time he had to complete a frickin detour is beyond me man

there was an african american couple on season 2 or 3 where the guy did 95% of all the tasks. they even changed the rules after them where players now have to do a 50/50 split of road blocks/detours.

i would have liked to see them instead of dude and his old pops. plus they were a little shady. you know, drama. i would have enjoyed them more.

they either won it all or were runner ups.

there was an african american couple on season 2 or 3 where the guy did 95% of all the tasks. they even changed the rules after them where players now have to do a 50/50 split of road blocks/detours.

i would have liked to see them instead of dude and his old pops. plus they were a little shady. you know, drama. i would have enjoyed them more.

they either won it all or were runner ups.

I would have liked to see a different pair, too...the whining and crying just got to be too much lol.

Are you thinking of Uchenna and Joyce? Or another couple?