Amazing Race is back!

Just Jack

I think this is the first season they did not have a "figure out the order of the countries" challenge at the end.

Also, is it just me or does evey season the last leg have one cab driver that takes his time, or doesn't know where anything is?

I'm happy for Jen and Keisha, but that last leg of the race was LAME! All they did was run from check point to check point...you're exactly right that this was the first time I can remember where they didn't have to use their brains and memories to complete a recall challenge at the end. The way they did it this time was completely anticlimactic. :thumbdown:

I'm cool with who won.. like the 2nd-place team said, they were pretty consistent through-out.

What a great show! Can't wait till it's back on in the fall.

:thumbsup: Best reality show ever, IMO.

There is real euphoria in travel, it breaks down barriers. It would be easy for Gary & Mal to be bitter about it, but they didn't give up. She was still like a buttercup out there (AJ, I think this is what you meant when you said that once you get to see Jaime vs. Christina or Mallory, the exterior matters but little) and they appreciated the experience to travel around the world with each other (for free!). Nor were the Globetrotters too down about being just a couple of minutes behind. They were all cheering for each other in the closing shot. Hard to find attitudes like that in other games.

Absolutely! I love seeing teams who take it all in and appreciate the fact that they are privileged to see so many amazing people and places around the world...as I've said before, the million would be a great bonus, but I can say with 100% certainty that if I ever ran this race the reward for me would certainly be the journey. All three of these teams were great sports and maintained appreciative, positive attitudes throughout the entire race. I really hope that Christina gets the chance to ditch her weirdo dad and run this race with the guy she marries from this show. That would be a great wedding present to them from Phil :)

I'm really glad this show is on twice a year...I always miss it when it's not on, and I never seem to tire of it even a little. Really enjoyed interacting with all you guys during this season, too! :thumbsup:

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last week (not yesterday) they had osama thing. no amazing race here in the west coast.... at least not in southern cal.

yesterday my kid decides to record "the game plan" which we own already!!!!! so i missed the last 2 episodes.

cbs should have let the west coast catch up this week and let the finale be next week for all usa....

last week (not yesterday) they had osama thing. no amazing race here in the west coast.... at least not in southern cal.

yesterday my kid decides to record "the game plan" which we own already!!!!! so i missed the last 2 episodes.

cbs should have let the west coast catch up this week and let the finale be next week for all usa....

That's happened to me a few times, too...what I usually do is just check out the episodes I missed on cbs.com. It's not a bad way to get caught up.