Amazing Race is back!

Just Jack

Okay, first of all, how BEAUTIFUL is Manley Bay, Australia? And how AWESOME was this leg of the race? Getting to sail on a skiff? Getting to swim among sharks and "queen-sized bed rays"?? Sign me up!

This was a VERY busy leg for the teams...they went super-size for this episode. I liked the idea of the pre-race challenge to start it off, and I also like the idea of the free pass thing that the first team won at the checkpoint. That being said, I have a HUGE problem with those two cheerleaders being allowed to race again. That red head is one of the biggest <insert C-word here>'s on earth. I remember when she raced the last time, she was a complete and utter embarrassment to all self-respecting Americans. She was constantly rude and berating to the locals in the other countries they traveled to, often times screaming about how frustrated she was with "foreigners who don't speak english", when SHE'S THE FARKIN FOREIGNER!! Having squabbles and fights with your partner or among the other teams is one thing, but don't act like douchebags and take the stance of the "ugly american" and treat others like that. CBS should have included another team...

Also, I'd be surprised if one or both of these senior guys on the race didn't end up with some really serious medical issues along the way. It seemed based on the preview that Mike White's dad may be the first to have issues, but I recall both of them struggling the last time. I hope they both do well, but I think this race may prove to be too difficult for one or both.

How awesome is it to have Survivor, Race, and Idol all going at once? Hells yeah!! :D

my wife doesnt like her. but she's hot. nuff said. she's hot. nuff said. damn she's bomb!

I hadn't watched since season 2. Great start last night. Of course they brought back the 2 hot chicks for shock value.

you have misses some great tv.

except when they did amazing race FAMILY EDITION in AMERICA ONLY (without telling you)

i swear i kept saying, "when are they flying out of the states????" then i got it and i stopped watching.

Couldn't agree more. They are really hot but the rating drops after you watch them for a while. In contrast, the Asian girl(Christina) has to be one of the most pleasant people they have ever had on that show. Smart and level headed AND cute. And just imagine. She isn't a <insert C-word here>! Marriage material. Those red heads probably make some poor schmoe's life miserable

asian girl with dad from hell????

they show a clip of him being a jerk again.

he promised he would change. what happened????? didnt he watch himself????

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like one of the cheerleaders had some sort of facial plastic surgery.

If I remember correctly, Zev is mildly autistic, not "slow"

One of the cheerleaders was in Playboy, I forgot which one.

And Zev has Aspergers....

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20421954,00.html

you have misses some great tv.

except when they did amazing race FAMILY EDITION in AMERICA ONLY (without telling you)

i swear i kept saying, "when are they flying out of the states????" then i got it and i stopped watching.

They did eventually go to Panama and Costa Rica, but that was it for "foreign" travel.

I imagine to us, the casual tv viewer, this looks like its a fun time, but I bet the pressure they face during the race is tremendous and no matter how hard you work to change a behavior, under pressure you kind of crack. That said, I still think it would be fun to run this race....I am gonna try and get back into watching it, it is a cool concept.

they show a clip of him being a jerk again.

he promised he would change. what happened????? didnt he watch himself????

I imagine to us, the casual tv viewer, this looks like its a fun time, but I bet the pressure they face during the race is tremendous and no matter how hard you work to change a behavior, under pressure you kind of crack. That said, I still think it would be fun to run this race....I am gonna try and get back into watching it, it is a cool concept.

That's exactly why this is the most "real" of all reality shows. You can take whatever schtick,or strategy, or whatever you want to bring into this race, but it will all go out the window once Phil starts it. This show puts relationships to the test like no other and it brings out the racers true personalities. Sure, you can still get a particular edit that may lend itself to a positive or negative opinion by the viewer, but in the long run it's just you and the cameras. You can tell by watching this show just how intense each leg is. As soon as they depart, until the time the leg is over, they are racing their ASSES off. The only break they get is when the sleep, when they are on the plane, or when they are waiting for their partners to finish a task. Aside from that, they are racing non-stop around the world. I dig that.

And Pooj, if you ever need a partner... :thumbsup:

do you have red hair, and are you into fat guys???? oh wait....you are talking Amazing Race...sorry... :oops:

:w00t:

I've been a pudgy bastard the last few years...Amazing Race needs a pudgy bastards team dammit!!

Edited by ajzepp

...Amazing Race needs a pudgy bastards team dammit!!

I would be eligible for that team also.

That's exactly why this is the most "real" of all reality shows.

That's one reason I like it, is that you can't be voted off because someone doesn't like you.

That's exactly why this is the most "real" of all reality shows.

Maybe. I have not read any spoilers, but I am very suspicious of how the 1st show ended. Seems to me that the producer(s) started freaking when the Cowboys started royally sucking (since Cowboys = ratings)... wouldn't surprise me if maybe it was a last minute call to split the opener into 2 parts, keep the teams racing, and give the Cowboys a chance to get back in the game. Just a hunch, we'll see soon enough what happens.

Maybe. I have not read any spoilers, but I am very suspicious of how the 1st show ended. Seems to me that the producer(s) started freaking when the Cowboys started royally sucking (since Cowboys = ratings)... wouldn't surprise me if maybe it was a last minute call to split the opener into 2 parts, keep the teams racing, and give the Cowboys a chance to get back in the game. Just a hunch, we'll see soon enough what happens.

Oh, well in terms of what the producers do, I think they have their hand in things or sure. I just meant in terms of the contestants themselves. Even on survivor you can pull off a schtick or find ways to sort of schmoooze and manipulate to your advantage. On Amazing Race, those opportunities just dont exist. You will encounter opposition, stress, time constraints, etc...and I really do feel that these things can break you down into your most basic components as a person. But yeah, I know on some reality shows they actually say in the credits that outcomes are determined in part by the producers. Top Chef says this right in their credits after the show is over.

Oh, well in terms of what the producers do, I think they have their hand in things or sure.

I have to agree with Rico. These past few seasons it seems that a team is well liked, and coming in last, they are lucky enough that it's a non-elimination leg and are still in it.

Me too! I really wanna be on this show! :thumbsup:

That was a complete gift, but yay cowboys! Too bad for the two that got bounced, they really got screwed imo.

Yeah, the cowboys don't seem to do well when they have to use their brains but I'm glad to see they stepped it up when they needed to!

LOL! I'd love to have one of those costumes for next Halloween! :thumbsup:

I would too, they were great!

Edited by LanaK6

That's one reason I like it, is that you can't be voted off because someone doesn't like you.

which is why i hate survivor.

there is a little help here and there, but no vote off panel or junk like that. survivor sucks i dont care where they are or what cool things they may be doing. rant end.

That was a complete gift, but yay cowboys! Too bad for the two that got bounced, they really got screwed imo.

they were an early favorite for me. i was mad that they left instead of angry asian dad.

he even told the short miss alabama or tennesse "stop screaming, your voice is so..." then they tuned. since he was already complaining about her voice to his daughter, maybe he said "your voice is so annoying"

the couple that got eliminated did both tasks and were still in it.... oh well i guess.

Zev: I'm not wearing any underwear.

Justin: Right now?

Zev: Yeah.

Justin: That's hot!

:lol:

I don't know why any of them would choose the frog/mud challenge. Those 'Find X' challenges are always killers. Right up there with depending on flight connections (to potentially save 15 minutes, over everything that can go wrong?) over direct routes.

Fifteen minutes to go, not looking good for our resident redheads.... JAIME!!! Even though she really should talk less. "I'm sorry if I smell." WTF?

Edited by UConn James

I am happy with the team that was elminated tonight. (leaving it vague for those that haven't watched yet) Now if mumbles and his mom can go soon also, will make it more fun to watch.

You get that he's deaf, right? I've got ~40% hearing loss in my right ear, ~20% in the left and am a bit of a "mumbles" myself.... It's awesome that he's representing the deaf/HoH community.

I was sorry to see that team going tonight. It's gotta be frustrating to be out there looking for probably 3-4 hours and another team comes in and finds the object in maybe 10 minutes. It's not exactly to the level of that one last season(?) where they had to find the plastic food pieces in the HUGE buffet (and the person had to eat every piece they touched) --- that was totally killer!

But, this team had troubles from the start, and it was touching that Mike refused to push his father to the edge.

Also, I missed the part with the bag misplacement. Did the Globetrotters do that on purpose? Or did they realize they had the wrong pack and just didn't want to be bothered to bring it back up to the challenge place to return it?

Edited by UConn James

You get that he's deaf, right? I've got ~40% hearing loss in my right ear, ~20% in the left and am a bit of a "mumbles" myself.... It's awesome that he's representing the deaf/HoH community.

Also, I missed the part with the bag misplacement. Did the Globetrotters do that on purpose? Or did they realize they had the wrong pack and just didn't want to be bothered to bring it back up to the challenge place to return it?

Yep, I realize he's deaf, just something about that team gets on my nerves.

I quickly re-watched the parts about the fanny pack. It seems they picked it up by accident, realized it wasn't theirs so they left it at the changing rooms. We'll probably hear more about it next week.