Bob Sanders Released

NewEra

Just saw it on espn, so no link

How much is he gonna go for, considering his injuries. Is he worth investing in? For our team, it wouldn't make sense. But makes sense for contending teams that just hope he's healthy for the playoffs.

Edited by NewEra

HAHA, just posted this at my forum. I said that all the guys would be clammoring for him. He has played in 9 of the last 48 regular season games. Too bad, the guy is an absolute beast when on the field, but he just can't stay healthy. I would stay as far away from him as possible.

How much is he gonna go for, considering his injuries. Is he worth investing in? For our team, it wouldn't make sense. But makes sense for contending teams that just hope he's healthy for the playoffs.

No Thanks

Living in the past it does not work!

Heres a link verifying it http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2014265856_apfbncoltssandersreleased.html

I'm sorry, but I can't ignore that sig line of yours....you do realize that Marv came back here and basically made things much, much worse, don't you? He is not missed.

The difference being Merriman was picked up via waivers, so no bidding war, no signing bonus, etc.. Even with all of Sanders injuries, there likely will be bidding and a signing bonus of some degree involved. So could cost alot more for someone who doesn't work out. Even with Merrimans latest signing, it doesn't appear it will cost the Bills much if he doesn't work out.

He'd be just as useful as Shawne Merriman.

I'm sorry, but I can't ignore that sig line of yours....you do realize that Marv came back here and basically made things much, much worse, don't you? He is not missed.

BADOL, you do realize that he meant Marv the genius coach, and not Marv the geriatric GM?

The sig was made when we signed Gailey. It signifies that we need a good head coach. After last year, I must say I'm quite impressed with Gaileys offensive gameplan. Up to this point, ALL of our head coaches we disappointments. Marv was the last good coach we've had. Sure he had more talent, but he was still a good head coach. Marv as a GM was a debacle...you're misunderstanding the sig imo.

Bob Sanders is a sad example of a great player whose body cannot handle the requirements of being an NFL player. He is a small framed man who has put on tremendous amounts of muscle. His tendons are just not designed or strong enough to support that muscle. If I am correct, his injuries have all been torn muscle, torn tendon related.

The problem is if he gets "smaller" he is no longer the all-pro that he is.