Scott Walker to Obama

Gary M

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/18/republicans-challenging-unions-state-capitols/

"I think we're focused on balancing our budget. It would be wise for the president and others in Washington to focus on balancing their budget, which they're a long ways from doing," Walker told Fox News.

"Some of what I've heard coming out of Wisconsin, where you're just making it harder for public employees to collectively bargain generally seems like more of an assault on unions," Obama said. "And I think it's very important for us to understand that public employees, they're our neighbors, they're our friends."

This shows Obama is more concerned about his union friends than the country's financial situation.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/18/republicans-challenging-unions-state-capitols/

"I think we're focused on balancing our budget. It would be wise for the president and others in Washington to focus on balancing their budget, which they're a long ways from doing," Walker told Fox News.

"Some of what I've heard coming out of Wisconsin, where you're just making it harder for public employees to collectively bargain generally seems like more of an assault on unions," Obama said. "And I think it's very important for us to understand that public employees, they're our neighbors, they're our friends."

This shows Obama is more concerned about his union friends than the country's financial situation.

"Assault"???? What happened to the toning down of the violent rhetoric after the congresswoman was shot in the head? Well that didn't last long, did it...LOL

Are non-union, private sector workers not neighbors? not your friends? You know, the ones who are footing the bill for outrageously bloated union salaries, pension plans and gold plated healthcare plans. The ones that Obama couldn't give a rat's ass about.

BTW, for someone who graduated from Harvard, he's a mathematic moron who obviously doesn't have a clue what the phrase "balancing a budget" means. Dude should have put down the weed and taken an accounting class.

This is his dumbest move yet. Chris Christie can't get elected fast enough for President in 2012.

Walker is a lying sack of crap. He wants to bust the unions... oh and IF he can actually get that state budget in order after that, great. If not (which is more likely) he still busted the unions.

You say Obama cares about his union friends? Really? If that was the case the Employee Free Choice Act would have been passed a LONG time ago. Obama like the unions are trying to protect the middle-class.

Walker is a lying sack of crap. He wants to bust the unions... oh and IF he can actually get that state budget in order after that, great. If not (which is more likely) he still busted the unions.

You say Obama cares about his union friends? Really? If that was the case the Employee Free Choice Act would have been passed a LONG time ago. Obama like the unions are trying to protect the middle-class.

So how exactly do you define "middle class?" I'm asking because I always hear that thrown out there but nobody gives a defined answer as to what it means.

My in-laws are both teachers at a technical college in Wisconsin. They both give the same talking points - "without the union, there's no middle class." I won't state how much they make until I hear some responses, but I'll just say that I don't consider them middle class.

So how much money does a family earn to be middle class? Middle-upper class? Upper class? Elite?

So how exactly do you define "middle class?" I'm asking because I always hear that thrown out there but nobody gives a defined answer as to what it means.

My in-laws are both teachers at a technical college in Wisconsin. They both give the same talking points - "without the union, there's no middle class." I won't state how much they make until I hear some responses, but I'll just say that I don't consider them middle class.

So how much money does a family earn to be middle class? Middle-upper class? Upper class? Elite?

Good question. I, and damn near everyone I know, are "middle class", but I don't know one mother !@#$er in a union. When I hear empty aphorisms like the talking points you mentioned it just sounds like the empty drivel of overly religious types who have made their beliefs part of their identity thus divorcing those beliefs of any logical prerequisits.

So how exactly do you define "middle class?"

It's very easy, actually, if you pay attention to today's politics. You just find the middle of the classes.

On the low end, you have the poverty class, which I believe is about $11,000/year for an individual, and around $22,000/year for a family of four. On the high end, you have the wealthy millionaires, which now is defined as individuals earning $200,000 a year and couples earning $250,000/year.

Everything between there constitutes the modest, or middle class.

In the end, the issue isn't about the middle class so much as it's about those willing to be responsible for themselves (or what the progessives refer to as "the selfish"), and those who demand others be responsible for them with no accountability (or what the conservatives refer to as "progressives.").

Lower side of the Middle-Class $35,000 to $75,000... upper side: $100,000 to $150,000

Historically, unions try to protect the working class, not the middle class.

If unions are now protecting the middle class, that's truly a watershed change.

If there's anything history has taught us, it's that:

pBills is an idiot

And history always repeats itself.

I'm not sure I agree with you here concerning history repeating itself. If that always happens then that would mean that there had been many pBills over the long course of history. Don't you think that the natural selection of the fittest would have eliminated him very, very early on? pBills is for sure just a chance happening of a threesome with Dumb & Dumber and a remora.

Historically, the working class IS the middle-class.

The proletariat is historically the petit bourgeuis? The peasantry is historically the merchant class?

I understand you're confused, because in modern America the working class gets paid almost as much as the middle class, thus you equate the two. But you're still an idiot.