Fox Sports article on fixing broken teams

Zona

A piece on Foxsports on how to fix 6 of the leagues worst teams, and they totally got the Bills info wrong. Unless Buddy nix has been GM for 2 years already. Hmmm, i didnt think so. I expect second rate articles from second rate sites, but Fox Sports? Kind of suprised me

Here is the link to fox article.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-broken-teams-in-state-of-disrepair-021511

(the writer talks of the Bills needing defense, and the pressure is on Nix since the team failed on the Maybin pick)

Fail!

Edited by Zona

A piece on Foxsports on how to fix 6 of the leagues worst teams, and they totally got the Bills info wrong. Unless Buddy nix has been GM for 2 years already. Hmmm, i didnt think so. I expect second rate articles from second rate sites, but Fox Sports? Kind of suprised me

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-broken-teams-in-state-of-disrepair-021511

(the writer talks of the Bills needing defense, and the pressure is on Nix since the team failed on the Maybin pick)

Fail!

This is Nix's 3rd year. In his first he served as National Scout.

serious disinformation:

Let’s start in Buffalo, where executive Russ Brandon makes most decisions while veteran Buddy Nix is charged with finding players. Nix is starting his third season as the GM and this franchise can’t afford another defensive bust in the first round like failed pass rusher Aaron Maybin (No. 11 overall pick in 2009, zero career sacks). The Bills ranked 28th on defense last season and allowed almost 170 yards rushing a game.

they should do their research, rather than just the team stats

Fail!

this guy is a complete mor-n. he says brandon is still in charge, they guy is living in the past and knows nothing about the bills what a freaking embarrassing situation for fox sports,just incredible.

correct. but he was not GM. nor was responsible for Maybin, as suggested

How does the National Scout in charge of scouting for 3 months leading up to the draft have nothing to do with the 1st round pick that was made that year?

Nix definitely had something to do with Maybin.

serious disinformation:

Let’s start in Buffalo, where executive Russ Brandon makes most decisions while veteran Buddy Nix is charged with finding players. Nix is starting his third season as the GM and this franchise can’t afford another defensive bust in the first round like failed pass rusher Aaron Maybin (No. 11 overall pick in 2009, zero career sacks). The Bills ranked 28th on defense last season and allowed almost 170 yards rushing a game.

they should do their research, rather than just the team stats

as to russ brandon, we really dont know the extent of his sway. nix does find players. what is brandons say in who we sign or what direction the team goes? did brandon choose nix? i would say thats a pretty big decision if he did.

Edited by NoSaint

Fail!

Just remember that Fox is the news network that puts video into their news that is not part of the story to enhance their viewpoint on the story. I always take anything with the FOX name as being subject to errors ... so I am not surprised.

How does the National Scout in charge of scouting for 3 months leading up to the draft have nothing to do with the 1st round pick that was made that year?

Nix definitely had something to do with Maybin.

This is what I am unsure about. I dont think we will ever know if Nix was in the process of deciding who we pick. Scouts dont get involved with that, i dont think. Scouts do just that. They scout and provide their report about players, so that someone else can decide which player at which position to fill which priority need... For all we know he said Maybin was "a one year wonder who performed at a high level in College, but it is unclear how that will translate in the NFL." or did he say : we HAVE to have this guy! Dont let him get by us! We will never know. He was the Head Scout, but what exactly does that mean within the Bills organization? Did the Head scout run the draft? or did Dickie Douchebag? or Brandon? Or Ralphie himself?

I am all for Blaming people for the Maybin pick. I just dont know who to point at while calling for his head.

most of these so called experts pay no attention to Buffalo and the the Bills. We are just not on most radars and it shows when they open their mouths. So getting all torqued about lies and propaganda spewed by half wits is generally a waste of time.

This is what I am unsure about. I dont think we will ever know if Nix was in the process of deciding who we pick. Scouts dont get involved with that, i dont think. Scouts do just that. They scout and provide their report about players, so that someone else can decide which player at which position to fill which priority need... For all we know he said Maybin was "a one year wonder who performed at a high level in College, but it is unclear how that will translate in the NFL." or did he say : we HAVE to have this guy! Dont let him get by us! We will never know. He was the Head Scout, but what exactly does that mean within the Bills organization? Did the Head scout run the draft? or did Dickie Douchebag? or Brandon? Or Ralphie himself?

I am all for Blaming people for the Maybin pick. I just dont know who to point at while calling for his head.

Here's how you know Nix wasn't responsible for Maybin: One of his top rules is, No One Year Wonders.

Here's how you know Nix wasn't responsible for Maybin: One of his top rules is, No One Year Wonders.

I didn't realize that was like a law, or commandment - I imagined it was a rule of thumb or preference. Are these men not even on his board or just lower rated?

correct. but he was not GM. nor was responsible for Maybin, as suggested

Nix was as responsible as anyone else at OBD for Maybin.

He was brought in as the national scout before the 2009 draft because he had a valuable opinion.

With as much as juice as he was bringing from San Diego, there is no way the Bills pick Maybin without Buddy's blessing

Fail!

When your team has not won a SB and has not even been competitive for over a decade, irrelevance happens.

Not apologizing for shoddy journalism, but in all honesty these guys have learned they can just mail in the same story on the Bills every year and essentially be right.

The disrespect the media gives the Bills is well earned.

When your team has not won a SB and has not even been competitive for over a decade, irrelevance happens.

Not apologizing for shoddy journalism, but in all honesty these guys have learned they can just mail in the same story on the Bills every year and essentially be right.

The disrespect the media gives the Bills is well earned.

Truth. When writing for a large audience it's sometimes easy to neglect small segments. The only people fact checking bills sections are bills fans. Less then 1/32 of fans out there I'd venture. 2-3% of readers. Winning teams don't read about us. A jet fan or pats fan breezes through our section. Everyone reads about the winners though. It demands thorough research. Pats, jets, bills, cowboys fans all read about bill belichek and Tom Brady cause they win. No one reads about us, cause we don't.

It's not right to neglect us, but I get it.