Jack Locker can't hit the broadside of a barn

1B4IDie

You're killing me stony. Why would you want him in a Bills uni?

He was a scrub in college, all he did was lose. Has a lack luster completion percentage. Crumbles under pressure in games; time and time again.

It would be like drafting Trent Edwards in the top 50, a post concussion Trent Edwards.

I can not see one reason to draft him. Enlighten me.

Oh no, not saying I want him in a Bill's uniform. Was just inferring that that he would have to go before the 50th pick if I were to win my bet (which has no prize BTW).

If I were to give you one reason, I suppose it would be ego. Coaches always think there're the one who can fix what's broke. I would take him over Edwards though.

So whats the bet here? I bet he goes after 50 and you say 50 or before?

Roger that.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake Locker's problem with throwing the ball is easy to fix so I wouldn't really look too much into his accuracy problems. He's a project, but his problems CAN be fixed. If you see him throw the ball in games, his footwork is sloppy and his baseball mechanics get intertwined with his football mechanics. Hence sloppy mechanics. If he can stop playing baseball and continue to work on only football mechanics, I think it will cure his accuracy dilemma.

I agree that he's a project. I wouldn't mind taking him with a low pick, but he's not worthy of a high round investment.

Dre, you make an outstanding point. His flirtation with baseball has absolutely Hensoned his potential as a high NFL draft pick. I think if he laid off baseball, and concentrated on football, he would have had a far better season at Washington.

Jake Locker's problem with throwing the ball is easy to fix so I wouldn't really look too much into his accuracy problems. He's a project, but his problems CAN be fixed. If you see him throw the ball in games, his footwork is sloppy and his baseball mechanics get intertwined with his football mechanics. Hence sloppy mechanics. If he can stop playing baseball and continue to work on only football mechanics, I think it will cure his accuracy dilemma.

You're dreaming.

You're dreaming.

Good post. These are the kinda posts that people post when they have nothing better to say and don't know what they're talking about. :thumbsup:

If Mallet wasn't so slow on his feet... he has a rocket

So does Jamarcus Russell and Kyle Boller...

<edited for content>

Edited by Beerball

Good post. These are the kinda posts that people post when they have nothing better to say and don't know what they're talking about. :thumbsup: <edited for content>

I've been called far worse ... but you're dreaming to think that Locker's accuracy issue is as simple as mechanics. First, accuracy, by in large, cannot be taught. I firmly believe that. You either have it or you don't. Which is why Fitz is a career sub 60%er. And why Locker will always be an inaccurate passer.

Second, he plays for an elite college program and has had the benefit of some of the best coaches in the country for his career -- you think if there was a mechanical flaw, they would have worked on it with him. I'm sure they did. I'm sure they did especially when the wheels fell off this past season.

Locker has shown he does not possess the NFL caliber accuracy that a starting QB needs. While he can certainly improve it to some extent -- it will always be an issue with him.

To think otherwise is dreaming.

I've been called far worse ... but you're dreaming to think that Locker's accuracy issue is as simple as mechanics. First, accuracy, by in large, cannot be taught. I firmly believe that. You either have it or you don't. Which is why Fitz is a career sub 60%er. And why Locker will always be an inaccurate passer.

Second, he plays for an elite college program and has had the benefit of some of the best coaches in the country for his career -- you think if there was a mechanical flaw, they would have worked on it with him. I'm sure they did. I'm sure they did especially when the wheels fell off this past season.

Locker has shown he does not possess the NFL caliber accuracy that a starting QB needs. While he can certainly improve it to some extent -- it will always be an issue with him.

To think otherwise is dreaming.

By your posts, I can tell you've never played the game and clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Accuracy can't be taught? WRONG. Accuracy is all mechanics. Balance, stance, footwork. If you fix that, then no problem. It's A LOT easier to fix accuracy problems than teaching a QB like Newton how to play the position. Ryan Fitzpatrick's completion percentage would be a lot better if Steve Johnson and his WR's actually caught the ball. I'm guessing you never saw a Bills game either. How many passes did Steve Johnson drop against the Steelers?

According to you, accuracy is a born ability? You're either born with accuracy or you're not? Retarded post number 1.

2) Washington University is an elite program? Best coaches in the nation? Steve Sarkisian is far from being the best coach in the nation.

Agreed. I have been scratching my head with this Locker guy ever since I saw McShay on his nuts last year. He was never any good - ever.

Locker was told by NFL Draft Committee that he was a 3rd round prospect.

McShay has no credibility. I may even be willing to believe Tom Modrak has a better handle on ranking prospects that McShay does.

Almost verbatim what Mike Mayock said during a senior bowl workout. Did you and Mayock come up with this analysis separately or have you two actually compared notes?

GO BILLS!!!

By your posts, I can tell you've never played the game and clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Accuracy can't be taught? WRONG. Accuracy is all mechanics. Balance, stance, footwork. If you fix that, then no problem. It's A LOT easier to fix accuracy problems than teaching a QB like Newton how to play the position. Ryan Fitzpatrick's completion percentage would be a lot better if Steve Johnson and his WR's actually caught the ball. I'm guessing you never saw a Bills game either. How many passes did Steve Johnson drop against the Steelers?

According to you, accuracy is a born ability? You're either born with accuracy or you're not? Retarded post number 1.

2) Washington University is an elite program? Best coaches in the nation? Steve Sarkisian is far from being the best coach in the nation.

Not that it matters, but I've played the game at a fairly high level. I've also been around the game on the coaching side for a good chunk of time as well. Accuracy can be improved slightly, but a lot of great players agree that it can't be taught. Ask Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw, Jaws, Gruden and countless others who've said the same thing.

Fitz has a career accuracy rating below 60% which is sort of the Mendoza line in football. And dropped balls aren't an excuse. First, it's one game in a long season. Second, if you're going to factor in drops you have to factor in all the misplaced balls thrown that the WRs caught due to their abilities. Drops happen. Missed throws happen.

Footwork can be taught. So can mechanics. But accuracy is innate. This isn't science, it's not like I can point to a study that shows this to be true. But many smart people with more experience than I believe this to be true. And if you think about it, it makes sense. Accuracy is one of, if not THE, most important trait in an NFL QB. If it were something that could be taught or improved to a large extent, you'd see it play out with more young QBs coming into the league.

And say what you want, but Washington is an elite program. It's a DI Pac 10 school where the head coach made a name for himself playing QB at BYU, CFL and then working with QBs at USC (which, won several titles while he was there). So, it's fair to say if accuracy can be truly taught -- Steve would have found a way to work with Jake last year like he has throughout his career. Or, if you want to believe it can be taught then you'd have to assume Steve would know how to teach it and Locker either didn't care enough to listen or didn't want to. Either way, it seems like if Locker were going to improve his accuracy he would have done it. Or, he just doesn't work hard enough to.

So, again, I think you're dreaming to assume that magically his accuracy is going to improve once he has millions in the bank as a first or second round draft pick. It just doesn't work that way. He's had a sub 60% completion percentage his entire career, in fact only once was he ever over 55% (last year). Expecting him to improve by 5% WHILE facing better defenses in the NFL is wishful thinking. Name one NFL QB who's made that big of a jump in completion percentage from college to the pros.

Sorry, you're just wrong on every level here. But keep on calling people retarded. I'm sure it makes you feel awesome.

ok soooooooo....its pretty much been established what QB's CANT do something

Is there a reason why people dismiss Dalton? It seems to me this kid has nearly everything you look for in a QB.....

he wins and has done so over a long period of time

accurate

mobile

leader

Why do people continually pass him over

I dont mean at 3....but later in the draft?

ok soooooooo....its pretty much been established what QB's CANT do something

Is there a reason why people dismiss Dalton? It seems to me this kid has nearly everything you look for in a QB.....

he wins and has done so over a long period of time

accurate

mobile

leader

Why do people continually pass him over

I dont mean at 3....but later in the draft?

Well he is a redhead...

Not that it matters, but I've played the game at a fairly high level. I've also been around the game on the coaching side for a good chunk of time as well. Accuracy can be improved slightly, but a lot of great players agree that it can't be taught. Ask Steve Young, Terry Bradshaw, Jaws, Gruden and countless others who've said the same thing.

Fitz has a career accuracy rating below 60% which is sort of the Mendoza line in football. And dropped balls aren't an excuse. First, it's one game in a long season. Second, if you're going to factor in drops you have to factor in all the misplaced balls thrown that the WRs caught due to their abilities. Drops happen. Missed throws happen.

Footwork can be taught. So can mechanics. But accuracy is innate. This isn't science, it's not like I can point to a study that shows this to be true. But many smart people with more experience than I believe this to be true. And if you think about it, it makes sense. Accuracy is one of, if not THE, most important trait in an NFL QB. If it were something that could be taught or improved to a large extent, you'd see it play out with more young QBs coming into the league.

And say what you want, but Washington is an elite program. It's a DI Pac 10 school where the head coach made a name for himself playing QB at BYU, CFL and then working with QBs at USC (which, won several titles while he was there). So, it's fair to say if accuracy can be truly taught -- Steve would have found a way to work with Jake last year like he has throughout his career. Or, if you want to believe it can be taught then you'd have to assume Steve would know how to teach it and Locker either didn't care enough to listen or didn't want to. Either way, it seems like if Locker were going to improve his accuracy he would have done it. Or, he just doesn't work hard enough to.

So, again, I think you're dreaming to assume that magically his accuracy is going to improve once he has millions in the bank as a first or second round draft pick. It just doesn't work that way. He's had a sub 60% completion percentage his entire career, in fact only once was he ever over 55% (last year). Expecting him to improve by 5% WHILE facing better defenses in the NFL is wishful thinking. Name one NFL QB who's made that big of a jump in completion percentage from college to the pros.

Sorry, you're just wrong on every level here. But keep on calling people retarded. I'm sure it makes you feel awesome.

1) There are so many things wrong with this post its not even funny. Drops ball aren;t an excuse for completion percentage? If a QB were to throw every pass to a receiver and hit him between the numbers and his receivers drop 60% of the passes, then it would be the QBs fault? I guess that's no excuse. BS

2) I just have 2 words for you. Michael Vick. A career 45 and 55% completion percentage and his first year back under Reid's tutelage, and improved footwork, his percentage goes up to 62% in 2010. I thought accuracy was innate?

3) Washington is NOT an elite program. Just because they play D1 doesn't mean they're elite. Oregon, Florida, Alabama, Boise State, are "ELITE" teams. You comparing Washington to these teams? Elite teams dont lost 6 games in a season. Sorry.

4) So its clear that you're misunderstood on this whole accuracy thing. You've coached football? Obviously never a good one at that. Let those kids learn from a real coach.