Shaun Rodgers getting cut...

The Tomcat

Yes please. I'll take Rodgers and then Barton for a 2nd string LB

unless we plan on making a very strong play for Solei

i agree 100% :thumbsup: lets go buffalo Rodgers and troop in the middle move Williams to the end or keep him in the middle troop tweeted about the possibility playing all 4 positions like docket

When i first heard this I thought, wasnt it him and DJ that had a relationship that could of brought him to Buffalo a couple years ago. Now as soon as DJ comes in to town they get rid of him.

I feel bad for any Browns fan, but would always be mad as hell if this tampa-2 defense works in a hard-nosed running division. But i highly doubt that.

As for Shaun Rodgers, I think it would be worth a look-see. I really want Marcel Dareus so it would kind of interfere on that point, but wouldnt mind seeing shaun as a de in 3-4. Think he would cause alot of havoc there. Just have to be careful for injuries and laziness.

Rodgers is worth a look. He is a true 3-4 NT 6'4 and 350lbs (on a light day) with 10 years of playing experience. Name one other Bills player that fits that criteria.

The Bills still don't know what they have with Troupe. Williams is going to need a breather as well. And, if Buffalo truly is going to run a hybrid defense, then it never hurts to have more depth.

Worst case scenario is probably that Rodgers is out-of-shape and doesn't have a big impact but serve as DL depth for two years on a low-risk contract. Best case scenario is probably Rodgers maybe being an effective two-year stop gap while Troupe is developing and providing some flashes of run support.

Considering the run defense and lack of DL depth, experience, and talent, Rodgers is a viable option.

Paul Solai (sorry if misspelled his name) FA from Miami. This is the type of player Buff wants. 27 yrs old young just comeing into being a dominant player. Shaun is over the hill. Good fortune to him anyways.

Cornell Green, Dwan Edwards, Shawne Merriman?

Posted Today, 07:33 AM

Jeffery Lester, on 09 February 2011 - 06:32 PM, said:

Paul Solai (sorry if misspelled his name) FA from Miami. This is the type of player Buff wants. 27 yrs old young just comeing into being a dominant player. Shaun is over the hill. Good fortune to him anyways.

Cornell Green, Dwan Edwards, Shawne Merriman?

Hey I think Dwan Edwards is pretty solid. The guy's 29 and he doesn't have a ton of wear n tear on his body assuming his back surgery from 2008 isn't bothering him, which I don't think it is. He can be a force when he's healthy.

As far as Rodgers goes, he can be a beast if he's on his game. He was unblockable in the game I saw him this season. I wonder if he could be a Sam Adams type veteran who comes in mostly on his name but is used situationally to stuff the short runs.

Edited by Webster Guy

I don't want to burst any bubbles, but has anyone else actually watched Rodgers play the last few years? He was great sometimes in detriot, but did next to NOTHING in cleveland. He usually is not in good shape, has never been able to play every down even going back to detroit, takes many plays off, and is frequently injured. Remember when the two big DT free agents were Stroud and Rodgers? Looks like we both lost...

To top it off, he has character issues and supposedly has not been very popular on his teams.

Hey I think Dwan Edwards is pretty solid. The guy's 29 and he doesn't have a ton of wear n tear on his body assuming his back surgery from 2008 isn't bothering him, which I don't think it is. He can be a force when he's healthy.

Dwan was healthy and starting most of the year....but he was invisible...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

with the news that the browns have cut a bunch of players.. what do you guys think of taking a look at shaun rogers ?

also one other question... what is the difference between the 4-3 and 3-4 defense and whatever the hell dick ran ?

thank guys

GOOOOO BILLLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with the news that the browns have cut a bunch of players.. what do you guys think of taking a look at shaun rogers ?

also one other question... what is the difference between the 4-3 and 3-4 defense and whatever the hell dick ran ?

thank guys

GOOOOO BILLLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The information you seek is here and here.

You're welcome.