Meet Jennifer Lawrence

Beerball

:blink::o

Later this year comes X-Men: First Class, where she'll play the mutant Mystique, blue-skinned and topless. ("Did I feel naked being naked?" she asks, so you don't have to. "Yeah. Totally.") But before that there's Jodie Foster's The Beaver, premiering next month, in which she appears alongside a certifiable Mel Gibson.

You didn't read the article? She'll be in there with Mel. I wonder how it will be seeing him on the screen again knowing what a loon he he is.

I have not read Rolling Stone in a long long time. But when did they hire12 year olds to write for them?

I have good news and bad news my friend.

The good news is they don't hire 12 year olds to write.

The bad news is this is an example of the literary and journalistic quality which our culture is producing. Well for now anyway. Soon the article will read like: omg, jenifer lawrnce is 1 hot grl. u shud c her new movee

I have good news and bad news my friend.

The good news is they don't hire 12 year olds to write.

The bad news is this is an example of the literary and journalistic quality which our culture is producing. Well for now anyway. Soon the article will read like: omg, jenifer lawrnce is 1 hot grl. u shud c her new movee

This is true, but with an important distinction: There ARE talented writers out there. It's just that, especially with publications with huge circulations, the majority readership demands inane crap. The lowest common denominator continues to get lower.

There are still places to find quality journalism, fiction, movies, music, whatever..., but you have to spend a little time and energy to seek out what appeals to you. Rolling Stone has been a joke for a very long time.

I had never heard of this girl, but I watched "Winters Bone" last weekend. She was really good...the movie was really good too. Of course, going on to do things like "X-men" have nothing to do with acting...

She was on the Bill Engvall show for three seasons on TBS. Not that anyone watched it.

This is true, but with an important distinction: There ARE talented writers out there. It's just that, especially with publications with huge circulations, the majority readership demands inane crap. The lowest common denominator continues to get lower.

There are still places to find quality journalism, fiction, movies, music, whatever..., but you have to spend a little time and energy to seek out what appeals to you. Rolling Stone has been a joke for a very long time.

We used to have a subscription to Rolling Stone but it's been probably 20 years. We stopped it when we didn't know any of the music they were talking about. Oh and that's when we realized we had become conservative.

We used to have a subscription to Rolling Stone but it's been probably 20 years. We stopped it when we didn't know any of the music they were talking about. Oh and that's when we realized we had become conservative.

I remember they had one of those "year in review" issues back in the mid-90's...there was a reproduction of the cover of each issue...only about a dozen of them had musicians (or what can loosellyy termed as such- J-Lo and the likes) on the cover. They do occasionally still have a decent political article, but not for you conservative types...I don't read it on a regular basis anymore, but, back then, they had become a catalog for Time-Warner, it seemed.

Edited by Buftex

You didn't read the article? She'll be in there with Mel. I wonder how it will be seeing him on the screen again knowing what a loon he he is.

Guilty as charged - sort of. I read the top part about Jennifer Lawrence but not the part titled with "review." I have seen the moveie so I cared less about the review.

I have not read Rolling Stone in a long long time. But when did they hire12 year olds to write for them?

I acknowledge that the writing seems a bit choppy, but I think that is by intention, to give it a certain tone. I am not an avid reader of Rolling Stone, but often have been very, very impressed by the writing quality when I have had the chance to read it. For example, I am a religiously sensitive person (and rather conservative) but one of the funniest things I have EVER read was an article several years back in which Matt Taibbi infiltrated John Hagee's Christian organization. I think it was called something sacrilegious like "Jesus Made Me Puke." I tried to find it, but I think it is in their archives, and I'd have to pay money to get it.

:lol:

It had a great cast, including Tim Medows and Nancy Travis. I can't be too hard on it though, I admit it made me laugh.

TBS has been pushing for a late night show for quite a while. They are really trying to get Conan doing something and George Lopez is a joke. Watching 15 minutes of his show will make you ready to burn your eyes with acid and rip your ears off.

TBS has been pushing for a late night show for quite a while. They are really trying to get Conan doing something and George Lopez is a joke. Watching 15 minutes of his show will make you ready to burn your eyes with acid and rip your ears off.

True -- but Bill's show was a standard sitcom. Not a talk show.