Shawne Merriman

buffalo1983

What I would give to see the Bills passing around that Lombardi trophy. Just one taste of that moment is all I want. Sure hope Merriman returns to form and can help deliver what us Bills fans would treasure forever.

Edited by machinegun12

4 sacks in 3 years. Still better than Maybin, though

When healthy (and/or when juiced) he is a dominant player. He hasn't been healthy in those three years. If he can't/won't be healthy, he won't play well. If healthy but not juiced for the first time he isn't as good, he won't play well.

But I think the third option is fairly likely as well. That he is going to be healthy, and his previous injury seasons don't have any correlation to his health in 2011, and that his roid factor is overblown (he clearly is strong and a hard worker). In which case he will not just be better than Maybin (an unfair joke), but will play at his pre-injury level and be a difference maker. I think after the upcoming season we will both be happy about the signing, and happy that it is a two year deal and we get to keep him for another year.

Ever notice how good coaching makes for good players? Look at the Packers.....The Bills have very good coaching for the first time in years, and with a FO adding depth, the play of Shawne Merriman will only matter so much, the more we add (depth) the less a player like SM will matter. On a personal note, I believe SM is determined and is going to have a beast season. F$%^& Brady!!