Mubarak apparently just resigned

DC Tom

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, is there a link for this report?

I checked BBC right now, and there's nothing but a Breaking News bit that Mubarak saying to ABC News he "wants to resign immediately, but fears chaos" if he does.

He also said he will never leave Egypt.

Link

Edited by UConn James

Is there a link for this report?

I checked BBC right now, and there's nothing but a Breaking News bit that Mubarak says he "wants to resign immediately, but fears chaos" if he does.

Nope.

Like I said, I got it off a report on a couple of twitter feeds, take it for what it's worth.

Nope.

Like I said, I got it off a report on a couple of twitter feeds, take it for what it's worth.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Mubarak pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I won't believe it until I hear it from John Clayton.

I'm waiting for Bill Nye to discover the pyramids are responsible for global warming and it was the construction of Hosni's pyramid over the last 30 years that tipped the world off its axis. :blink:

You were bound to be right on this eventually!

Or maybe not (WSJ)

"The fate of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak remains in the balance as initial reports saying the embattled leader is expected to announce he will step aside were denied later Thursday by the country's Information Minister, adding to the uncertainty as thousands are gathering in central Cairo's Tahrir Square."

Added the information minister, Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf, "We cannot ascertain for certain if Generalissimo Franco is in fact still dead."