The last time Fisher wasn't a HC

uticaclub

Fisher was employed for a long time. Slow clap everyone. How many Super Bowls did he get to? 1? Good for him. If there was any other news going on he wouldn't be getting so much news coverage.

Agreed. NFL is a strange work place...This is the only place where the coach of the worst team with a 1-15 record gets another HC shot within a few days of firing, and interestingly by the 2nd worst coached team in the league.

Similarly, Fisher has coached for 17 years but with ~6 playoff appearances and played in ONE super bowl in 17 seasons and yet he is hot commodity (albeit the timing may be screwed up as there are no vacant positions yet). Also, his only trip to super bowl was thanks to a controversial play, our own homerun forward pass. At least Bill Cowher, even if he won only one SB, took the steelers to the playoffs almost on a yearly basis.

Now they talk about Dom Capers getting a chance to be a HC for a 3rd time.... NFL is really a funny business...somewhere my mind vaguely recollects -- NFL stands for Old Boys Network.

Now they talk about Dom Capers getting a chance to be a HC for a 3rd time.... NFL is really a funny business...somewhere my mind vaguely recollects -- NFL stands for Old Boys Network.

Ya know thats not really true at all.

Becuase for every "retread" that gets another shot, five "hot coordinators" get their first.

Although I must admit the Wade Phillips cycle of going from DC to HC over and over and over again is getting tiresome. Just stay as a DC Wade...your half-assed blank stares as your 12-4 team ***** the bed in the first round of the playoffs is getting old.