1st - WR AJ Green

2nd - OT Derek Sherrod

3rd - ILB Kelvin Sheppard

Re-sign Florence, Poz, and Wilson

Offense:

Lee Evans___Steve Johnson__Bell_Levitre_Wood_Urbik_Sherrod_____________AJ Green

_______________________CJ Spiller____Fitzpatrick____Fred Jackson_______________

Defense:

Florence________________Williams____Troup_____Edwards___________________McGee/McKlevin

_______________Moats_________Sheppard____Poz____________Merriman__________________

________________________________Wilson/Scott_________Byrd__________________________

Let me comment on my draft.

You have maybe the best 3 WR set in the NFL. You have an OL that should be able to pass block well. You have 2 RB's that can come out of the backfield. You have a slot WR that can beat anyone over the middle. You have a deep threat on the outside that you have to worry about. Then you have possibly a future top 5 WR in AJ Green that defenses cant defend 1 on 1.

On defense you add Merriman and Sheppard at LB. We are bigger upfront with Williams at DE and Troup at NT.

worst D front 7 in the league and you want to attack it with a 3rd rounder?

crazy.We'll be giving up 200 yds/game again on the ground and will have no passrush again.merriman is oft unjured and was his best on roids.

Amen to that. Unless he steps into the void, our defense will continue to be sub-par with Williams as NT. That's no knock on KW, the man just can't do it all. He reeks most of his havoc when he gets to shoot gaps and penetrate.

Couldn't agree more. KW is the little engine that could and he has proved me wrong over the last 3 years but he is a penetrating tampa 2 DT. He is great at shooting gaps etc but he is not a guy that holds the point and ties up 2 offensive linemen. I said a while ago that KW needs to be a DE in our 3 - 4 front and we need a big guy that can anchor for the NT. There are many variations but the best 3 - 4 defenses have that boat anchor that can't be moved out of the center of the line and ties up 2 guys.

1st - WR AJ Green

2nd - OT Derek Sherrod

3rd - ILB Kelvin Sheppard

Re-sign Florence, Poz, and Wilson

Offense:

Lee Evans___Steve Johnson__Bell_Levitre_Wood_Urbik_Sherrod_____________AJ Green

_______________________CJ Spiller____Fitzpatrick____Fred Jackson_______________

Defense:

Florence________________Williams____Troup_____Edwards___________________McGee/McKlevin

_______________Moats_________Sheppard____Poz____________Merriman__________________

________________________________Wilson/Scott_________Byrd__________________________

Let me comment on my draft.

You have maybe the best 3 WR set in the NFL. You have an OL that should be able to pass block well. You have 2 RB's that can come out of the backfield. You have a slot WR that can beat anyone over the middle. You have a deep threat on the outside that you have to worry about. Then you have possibly a future top 5 WR in AJ Green that defenses cant defend 1 on 1.

On defense you add Merriman and Sheppard at LB. We are bigger upfront with Williams at DE and Troup at NT.

Worst run defense in football. Again. Pass.

I had the same thought, when I read the original post. I don't understand why anyone wants Poz to be resigned.

I have asked the same every time and I get no answer it makes me wonder if people just look at stats or watch games Poz is not an everyday NFL starter he can't cover and can't shed a block to make a tackle at the LOS so either let him go or sign him cheap.

I agree. We have WAY too many question marks to have to rely on that motley crew to stop the run.

LB

Moats is small and is only in his 2nd year. Poz is nothing special even when he is healthy enough to be on the field, Sheppard as a 3rd round rookie LB is unlikely to make an impact. Merriman has yet to prove he is even a shadow of his former self since injury and substance abuse issues were uncovered.

DL

Moving Williams to DE and starting Troup at NT if he is ready is a good start. Edwards the journeyman and Carrington the 2nd year guy can make contributions but it is nothing to write home about and we have absolutely ZERO depth. Stroud is kind of an odd man out. He played out of position last year and I barely knew he was on the field. We need a lot of talent here.

You can argue either way whether LB of DL is of greater importance. If we don't take best player available which would likely be AJ Green or yet another DB I think we have to go for a DL or a hybrid DL/LB. It is way to early to tell but I have a suspicion if Robert Quinn's supposed great athleticism is measurable at the combine he is a lock for us at #3.

If you take Green, you don't need Evans, so you only take Green if you have a trade arranged for little Lee or you just plan to cut his rich ass.

Don't be so quick to trade Evans. While his numbers are still down, if you watch several of Stevies TD's from last year you'll see why, as the DB covering SJ release's to help out on Evans, who already has 2 or 3 guys on him, leaving Stevie wide open. Lee is still the wide that teams worry about because of his speed. Maybe Easley helps add more speed to the lineup, but he hasn't played yet so it's anybody's guess. I'll admit adding Green is like the Spiller pick all over again, where I would like to see the team address areas of need rather than strength, AJ would do quite a bit to open things up for Evans down the field. I still remember those back to back 83 yard TD's against the Texans. That day opened the eyes of the NFL to his talents, and he has been a marked man ever since.

Couldn't agree more. KW is the little engine that could and he has proved me wrong over the last 3 years but he is a penetrating tampa 2 DT. He is great at shooting gaps etc but he is not a guy that holds the point and ties up 2 offensive linemen. I said a while ago that KW needs to be a DE in our 3 - 4 front and we need a big guy that can anchor for the NT. There are many variations but the best 3 - 4 defenses have that boat anchor that can't be moved out of the center of the line and ties up 2 guys.

We all need to be a little more patient. Many posters are clammoring for a true NT while the FO feel they already have their man in Troup. Remember DT's don't make an immediate impact very often. They need time to get stronger and develope their game. Give the man a chance before for throw him out for the next version so you can start the process all over again. I agree with your take on KW. He would be a good Sapp type player but I think he can be effective as a 3-4 DE as well.

What are you talking about? There are 3 new starters, really 4 since Kyle Williams is at DE instead of NT.

Troup is 325lbs he said on twitter. Stroud said he was 290lbs last year.

So we are bigger upfront with Williams at DE and Troup at NT.

At LB you have 2 new starters, both guys are big. Merriman 265lbs and Sheppard 250lbs. We get bigger again. Moats says he will spend the offseason getting bigger as well.

People seem to forget we drafted Troup and Carrington last year and it takes some time for defensive lineman to settle in.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

What are you talking about? There are 3 new starters, really 4 since Kyle Williams is at DE instead of NT.

Troup is 325lbs he said on twitter. Stroud said he was 290lbs last year.

So we are bigger upfront with Williams at DE and Troup at NT.

At LB you have 2 new starters, both guys are big. Merriman 265lbs and Sheppard 250lbs. We get bigger again. Moats says he will spend the offseason getting bigger as well.

People seem to forget we drafted Troup and Carrington last year and it takes some time for defensive lineman to settle in.

Again that leaves us with ZERO depth on the DL and a lot of question marks at LB. I have not forgotten who we drafted and the roles they are supposed to be playing but your scenario basically is a best case and therefore somewhat unlikely scenario. At the bare minimum if any ONE of those guys doesn't live up to your high expectations we are going to have the same problems stopping the run. I also don't see those guys playing every single defensive snap either.

Dear God yes - what is wrong with people on this board???

NIX IS NOT GOING TO DRAFT SOMEONE TO REPLACE HIS #2 and #3 PICKS FROM LAST YEAR!!!

Your 2011 Buffalo Bills DL is Williams/Troup/Carrington/Edwards in some mix.

The defensive upgrades are coming at LB. Hope they do a good job of finding the right guys.

Edited by BobChalmers

We had the worst defense in football. An unproven wide receiver isn't going to change that. We're fine at WR. We need to stop the other guys from scoring so many points and rushing for so many yards.

Again that leaves us with ZERO depth on the DL and a lot of question marks at LB. I have not forgotten who we drafted and the roles they are supposed to be playing but your scenario basically is a best case and therefore somewhat unlikely scenario. At the bare minimum if any ONE of those guys doesn't live up to your high expectations we are going to have the same problems stopping the run. I also don't see those guys playing every single defensive snap either.

So basically my expectations are going to fail, but your expectations for Dareus are going to work? Troup was the 41st pick, which is a high pick for a NT.

Im just assuming you want Dareus or a run stuffer #1.

They drafted Torrel Troup to be their NT, Nix said that the other day. That means Kyle Williams is either getting traded or moving to DE. I would guess he is moving to DE. Dwan Edwards has proven in Baltimore he can start on a good defense in a 3-4.

So thats your DL. Williams - Troup - Edwards.

You have Carrington and Spencer Johnson as depth at DE. The Bills will probably add 2 more defensive lineman.

the 1st round pick is best available. The 2nd round pick is best available that fills a need. We need an OT. Our 3rd round pick is a guy I feel can start from day 1.

Picks 4-7 you can fill out the roster. Get another defensive lineman or 2, another ILB, an offensive lineman, maybe a TE.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Why not?

Nobody thought they were going to draft a RB with the 9th overall pick when we already had Marshawn Lynch and Freddie Jackson.

I wouldn't be surprised with any position Nix goes with the 3rd overall.

Jackson and Lynch weren't Nix's guys. He didn't pick them.

So basically my expectations are going to fail, but your expectations for Dareus are going to work? Troup was the 41st pick, which is a high pick for a NT.

Im just assuming you want Dareus or a run stuffer #1.

They drafted Torrel Troup to be their NT, Nix said that the other day. That means Kyle Williams is either getting traded or moving to DE. I would guess he is moving to DE. Dwan Edwards has proven in Baltimore he can start on a good defense in a 3-4.

So thats your DL. Williams - Troup - Edwards.

You have Carrington and Spencer Johnson as depth at DE. The Bills will probably add 2 more defensive lineman.

the 1st round pick is best available. The 2nd round pick is best available that fills a need. We need an OT. Our 3rd round pick is a guy I feel can start from day 1.

Picks 4-7 you can fill out the roster. Get another defensive lineman or 2, another ILB, an offensive lineman, maybe a TE.

Perhaps "ZERO" depth was an overstatement.

To be clear your expectations for multiple players to excel is overly optimistic in my opinion. I have no expectations other than the realization that "everything working out" rarely happens in life and certainly doesn't happen for the Buffalo Bills. We need more talent. If these guys have so much potential and are the future why didn't we suck it up and play them that way this year? Might as well get a head start on that chemistry and experience on that side of the ball. It's not like the line up we had was so good that we could afford to not play rookies.

I never mentioned Dareus. In actuality I DON'T want us to pick him. He had one good year.....no thanks. With the line and depth you propose I don't see the beginnings of a dominant defense. I want a dominant defense not one that is just good enough. Troup was mixed in but we are "hoping" for his continued development. I for one am with you on him. I think he will develop but again, not a guarantee. I think Kyle will be better suited as a penetrating DE. That being said he played NT all year in the 3 - 4 and he would still have to make the switch. Edwards played SO well for the Ravens that he ended up a Buffalo Bill. As for depth, Carrington still has to develop. He was apparently so far behind he couldn't actually get on the field until very late in the season. Spencer Johnson is another aging journeyman.

My actual pick for #3 overall is a bit out there but if his combine numbers reflect his incredible athleticism as some say he will move even higher up the boards. My knee jerk response to who we will draft is Robert "The Mighty" Quinn. Nothing substantive to base that on just a feeling.

Edited by PDaDdy