Whitner wants to fight Pat Moran

dailar

What's funny is that when the Bills drafted Whitner and Maybin, one of the positives that the Bills promoted about them was that they are very mature players who are going to be leaders on the team.

Man, did the Bills ever get the wool pulled over their eyes on those two or what.

Here's the thing. When a player declares for the draft and signs with an agent, the agent immediately puts the player into a draft preparation camp. They work on running 40s and doing drills that help them excel at the combine and on pro days. But more than that, the draft camp prepares these players for INTERVIEWS and how to say the right things and such. You can take a completely immature kid like Maybin and have him learn a script of the right things to say and have the player completely fool some franchises into thinking that they have good character and diligence. IMO, the Bills have been fooled often.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's funny is that when the Bills drafted Whitner and Maybin, one of the positives that the Bills promoted about them was that they are very mature players who are going to be leaders on the team.

Man, did the Bills ever get the wool pulled over their eyes on those two or what.

Here's the thing. When a player declares for the draft and signs with an agent, the agent immediately puts the player into a draft preparation camp. They work on running 40s and doing drills that help them excel at the combine and on pro days. But more than that, the draft camp prepares these players for INTERVIEWS and how to say the right things and such. You can take a completely immature kid like Maybin and have him learn a script of the right things to say and have the player completely fool some franchises into thinking that they have good character and diligence. IMO, the Bills have been fooled often.

Or you could just make something up.

Letter to Donte (you know he reads all the message boards):

take a step back....stop letting all the naysayers get the best of you....just tell them "scoreboard/bank"....you just came off your 5yr/$29 million rookie contract (last year voidable). your a very good player (i say top 15) so what if your not considered elite (pro bowl level) you will get a job somewhere in the NFL (heck, lawyer milloy is still kicking around). your not gonna win a PR battle with the media or the fans. stop responding to the utterances of every blogger or tweeter trying to get hits on their websites. the franchise and transition tag value of safety's is/was around $6.5 & $6.0 mil. i have no idea what your looking for, but your a better safety than kelsay is a lb/de.....so hang tight til the CBA is resolved. you'll get yours.

Donte wants top safety money for third string safety performance. That's what is at the heart of the issue here. Then he has the nerve to go "careful what you wish for". The man is certifiably insane. Living in buffalo must've gotten to him cuz his tackling technique is the same as Kaleta's checking technique, and he can't cover anyone. I bet you he ends up being resigned for 3rd string price after everyone in the NFL laughs at him and his demands. Or maybe the raiders will take him, who knows.

Ironically, this will probably be the reason why the Bills pass on Whitner.

I can't envision the FO being pleased whatsoever with a member of the team wanting to box a member of the media. This is the sort of thing that breaks the camel's back.

Not like I care. I'd rather George Wilson.

Some might say he's just going up against inferior competition, but really, he's all over the field intercepting offensive tweets. Is there a Pro Bowl of Twitter?

I'd prefer a Twitter championship. Some kind of Tweet off. Between Donte and Stevie Johnson we might have had a real shot at a championship here in Buffalo.

I know that was a HUGE thing when pumping up Whitner, but I can't imagine them saying that about maybin. I don't remember any talk like that for him... I mean, this was really young project that play very little football. Doesn't have leader written anywhere.