Renting a movie tonight

stevestojan

Thank you for clearing my name. Was it your girlfriend that leaves love notes for you on Facebook all the time? :lol:

lol, there's like six girls who leave me notes all the time on FB :devil:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoy comedies. Rented "Dinner for Scmhucks". Almost turned it off halfway through.. Any good suggestions?

Comedies: Tropic Thunder, Burn After Reading, Up in the Air (not technically a comedy but still very good), Hott Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead,

Drama/Suspense: Let the Right one In (the original Swedish version); Revanche (Austrian movie, warning: slow but very satisfying), The Town (or Gone Baby Gone which is even better), Moon

Action: District 9, Kick Ass, Iron Man 2 (marginally)

Just watched "Frozen" and "Exam" on Netflix. We thought both were pretty good. Frozen is basically "Open Water" on skis and "Exam" is a "can u figure out the ending" sort of movie.

I just watched Exam too...thought it was pretty good, but it sort of lost me about 2/3 in, but I did like the very end.

• 9 months later...

Digging this thread back up because I was updating my Netflix queue tonight.

Tonight I watched "Rampage" which dev/null/ recommended in another thread.

And?? Was his recommendation worth a flying fart or no?

I'll throw out a suggestion for "Triage". It's a Colin Farrell film I saw a week or two ago. Good flick.

Looks like "Limitless" was just added this week. It was one of the better popcorn flicks from the last year, IMO.

Edited by ajzepp

The Next Three Days was somewhat entertaining, if a bit unrealistic....but hey, it's the movies!

Also, Faces in the Crowd was okay (Mila Jovovich)

Queen: Making of a Night at the Opera was awesome.

Card Subject to Change was good if you're a fan of the behind the scenes wrasslin biz

Buck was a very good documentary about the guy that the film The Horse Whisperer was based on.

Trollhunter was a low budget film about eradicating trolls in Norway

Buck was a very good documentary about the guy that the film The Horse Whisperer was based on.

They made a documentary about the guy from the worst movie in the history of cinema...? :blink: Where's the "gun to my head" smiley when you need it?

Looks like "Limitless" was just added this week. It was one of the better popcorn flicks from the last year, IMO.

Limitless petered out after a promising beginning. Source Code on the other and, was terrific and a great followup to Moon by Duncan Jones. We need more such creativity in the SciFi/Action genre

I don't want to get banned by SDS but I have to say The Horse Whisperer sucked and Jennifer Love Hewitt is a horrible actress. It is somewhat interesting to know that it was based on a dude not a chick. Weird that they would change it up but sex sells I guess.

They made a documentary about the guy from the worst movie in the history of cinema...? :blink: Where's the "gun to my head" smiley when you need it?

I've never seen Horse Whisperer, so had no interest in seeing this. But the reviews were off the charts so I gave it a shot. It was actually really interesting. I still have no interest in seeing Horse Whisperer, though :)

When they get done in Norway, they should stop by to eradicate the trolls in TSW

:lol:

The TBD Shout Box on Sundays would be a great place for them to start, too!

Limitless petered out after a promising beginning. Source Code on the other and, was terrific and a great followup to Moon by Duncan Jones. We need more such creativity in the SciFi/Action genre

Definitely agree about Source Code and Duncan Jones. Moon has become one of my favorite sci-fi films of all time and I enjoyed Source Code, too. I need to see Souce Code again, though, cause I thought there were a few times when you may need to call "horse-hockey". It held my interest from beginning to end. Limitless wasn't as good as either film, I agree. I was entertained by it, though.

I don't want to get banned by SDS but I have to say The Horse Whisperer sucked and Jennifer Love Hewitt is a horrible actress. It is somewhat interesting to know that it was based on a dude not a chick. Weird that they would change it up but sex sells I guess.

Is Scott a big Horse Whisperer guy?

Edited by ajzepp