"Have A Good One"

H2o

I dislike when people say. "Thanks Chief" I'm not an Indian nor do I work for the fire department/military or any other place where there are chiefs. or "Thanks Boss" Unless I'm your actual Boss, I just think it's a degrading term to use towards yourself.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dislike when people say. "Thanks Chief" I'm not an Indian nor do I work for the fire department/military or any other place where there are chiefs. or "Thanks Boss" Unless I'm your actual Boss, I just think it's a degrading term to use towards yourself.

My friend always tells a story from his high school days of a kid on his roller hockey team who would always say that to people. He said it to a ref one game who just happened to be indian and was immediately tossed from the game.

Yeah, that brings to mind, I hate being addressed with "hey big guy", "big man", "boss" or "my man"...

Edited by Buftex

Everyone has things that get under their skin, worn out cliches and vague conversation. The "have a good one" thing is mine. Have a good what? What does that even mean? What does the "one" represent? I could be a bank robber on the way to the next job, so does that mean "have a good robbery"? I could be a serial killer, so does that mean "have a good killing spree"? A co-worker and myself have a laugh about this stuff every so often, as we try to use the other's pet peeves in general conversation as often as possible. This statement alone symbolizes to me our mentality now days. Everyone is so vague with, disconnected from each other that we pass people along with an insincere "have a good one" and go about our way.

Have a good day. One = Day.

Happy Weekday bothers me much more. That's not a real thing, having happy weekdays.

Have a good day. One = Day.

Happy Weekday bothers me much more. That's not a real thing, having happy weekdays.

Your assumption. Could mean a variety of things to a variety of people. Overall? Annoying.

There's this guy who works a few offices down from mine. Every time he see's me in the hallway, he exclaims, "There he is!" WTF does that mean? Was he looking for me and was very happy to have found me? Not likely given that he just keeps on walking past. I don't get it.

There's this guy who works a few offices down from mine. Every time he see's me in the hallway, he exclaims, "There he is!" WTF does that mean? Was he looking for me and was very happy to have found me? Not likely given that he just keeps on walking past. I don't get it.

lol this is another good one. Other than responding with the "Yup here I am" where do you go from there.

Everyone has things that get under their skin, worn out cliches and vague conversation. The "have a good one" thing is mine. Have a good what? What does that even mean? What does the "one" represent? I could be a bank robber on the way to the next job, so does that mean "have a good robbery"? I could be a serial killer, so does that mean "have a good killing spree"? A co-worker and myself have a laugh about this stuff every so often, as we try to use the other's pet peeves in general conversation as often as possible. This statement alone symbolizes to me our mentality now days. Everyone is so vague with, disconnected from each other that we pass people along with an insincere "have a good one" and go about our way.

He's referring to your BM.

Have a good one!

I think alot of you guys are taking the office jargon too seriously. Its just small talk so people can make friendly interaction with each other inside the office, it does get repetitive but you spend 40 hours a week with these people. Your not always gonna stop and have in depth conversations with everybody. I can't believe this angers so many of you...oh well it is what it is Lol

"buddy"

"take a dump" - ummm, no you're going to give one

And when a basketball announcer says, "bending, bending, bending" when the ball is on the rim - what does that even mean?

Is it one particular announcer? I have been watching hoops near my whole life (I am 45), and I don't think I have ever heard that before...