All of these Defense Coordinators getting fired

Chuckknox

Why are the Bills settling for a last place ranked defense, someone should be held accountable, right?

Dumb

no because Ralph would have to pay 2 DCs then

and Dumber

ralph is cheap

Possibly irrelevant this time.....

Have you all been in a coma? Wannstedt anyone? You've must have missed his recent visit. Nix and Gailey don't appear to be the splashy types you need to fulfill you. You must be of the Billboard ilk. With the LB coach let go, Wannstedt brought in (look see), you fail to see Nix/Gailey's dissatisfaction with the defense? There's also a talent issue which no amount of coaching will fix. Developing Troup, Carrington, Moats and adding a healthy Merriman and HOPEFULLY an FA or two along with a strong draft, may well be just what the doctor has ordered.

Let's not hit the panic button. I think Philly made the move to keep Jauron from taking the DC job for the Browns.

All that being said, having watched the Eagles this year, being trapped in their market, the team needs defensive help, especially at linebacker. Regardless of who is coordinating it, good teams knew how to exploit that. The Eagles could not run the blitz packages you are accustomed to seeing due to the dearth of talent at the position.

I feel Wannstedt will be with the Bills for 2011. I have a better feeling about it after SD filled their position internally.

Have you all been in a coma? Wannstedt anyone?

Dumbest.

Not sure where you've been, but just a few tidbits.

1) Wanny is a 4-3 guy. Bills have already committed to the 3-4. Brining in Wanny stunts that transition. And, going baack to the 4-3 means Nix and Gailey made a huge mistake (they won't admit that), and any gain from the past year is wasted.

2) With Wanny and Edwards there, players and assts. are gonna be tripping over themselves. They won't know what master to serve... they may even end up taking sides.

3) Wanny wants high end DC money and wants to be Asst. HC so he can step into the Bills HC role when Chan gets fired. Ralph don't pay top coin for anyone. Not to mention, Wanny as a head caoch is a disaster. Wherever he's been as HC, he has a 2 yr. window in which his teams are very competitive and then a steady and steep decline.

4) This Wanny BS is Ralph's way of BSing the fans (AGAIN) into believing that he really cares about the Bills vying for a championship. He did the same thing last year when he feigned courting Cowher and Shanahan. A lot of fans bought in then, Ralph saw it worked tosell tix, so he's doing it again.

What a bunch of crapola dog and pony show... bringing wanny in to meet, greet, and gnosh with the staff. Picture something like that happening in your own work environment. I'll bet that went over with the staff like a lead fart.

I think Philly made the move to keep Jauron from taking the DC job for the Browns.

Made what move?

They fired McDermott and will probably promote Jauron to DC.

http://www.csnphilly...1970&feedID=704

That's the point of my asking, Nucci.

The Eagles gave Jauron permission to speak with Cleveland yesterday.

And in the article you link, it says that Jauron is a candidate for Eagles DC, but not the only candidate.

Jauron might be promoted in Philly, but it has not happened yet.

Dumbest.

I'll take the bait, Doc. Just for fun and to point out that this can be spun the other way.

1) Wanny is a 4-3 guy. Bills have already committed to the 3-4. Bringing in Wanny stunts that transition. And, going baack to the 4-3 means Nix and Gailey made a huge mistake (they won't admit that), and any gain from the past year is wasted.

At Gailey's season ending presser, he emphasized yet again that he sees the Bills as a multiple front team, not a team married to any one scheme. He also stated that they would take the best defensive players regardless of scheme and would fit the scheme around the talents of their players. Nothing is wasted. Troup and Carrington can easily transition to a 4-3. It's not like the Bills made a drastic and irrevocable move towards the 3-4.

2) With Wanny and Edwards there, players and assts. are gonna be tripping over themselves. They won't know what master to serve... they may even end up taking sides.

Pure speculation. If Wannstache is brought aboard, we don't know if other heads will roll, what capacity he will be brought in as (it could still be as DC with Edwards being demoted), or any of the specifics. Purely negative take.

3) Wanny wants high end DC money and wants to be Asst. HC so he can step into the Bills HC role when Chan gets fired. Ralph don't pay top coin for anyone. Not to mention, Wanny as a head caoch is a disaster. Wherever he's been as HC, he has a 2 yr. window in which his teams are very competitive and then a steady and steep decline.

Ralph has mostly been cheap but not always. He has splurged from time to time and in fact paid to bring in Dick LeBeau even though the Bills had a DC as a Head Coach in Greg(g) Williams and a DC in Jerry Grey. Again, just a negative take.

4) This Wanny BS is Ralph's way of BSing the fans (AGAIN) into believing that he really cares about the Bills vying for a championship. He did the same thing last year when he feigned courting Cowher and Shanahan. A lot of fans bought in then, Ralph saw it worked tosell tix, so he's doing it again.

You're doing a good BillsVet imitation. I must say. I don't think the casual fan will but a ticket because we brought in a defensive coach. The people getting excited about this are the hard core fans, a small segment of the actual ticket buyers.

What a bunch of crapola dog and pony show... bringing wanny in to meet, greet, and gnosh with the staff. Picture something like that happening in your own work environment. I'll bet that went over with the staff like a lead fart.

This team has been a losing organization. Do you really care how Wanny's meet and greet was received by the holdover defensive staff? I sure as hell don't. This sends the message that losing will not be tolerated. It puts people on notice which should be the case when a team's defense is as horrendous as it was in 2010. I hope that the defensive coaching staff at OneBillsDrive experiences many sleepless nights.

What part of re-build do people not understand?

The word "re-build" implies that there was once something solid structured. I think that word should be tossed out when referring to our beloved Bills. After a decade long playoff drought, the current description should be "building", not "re-building".

That's the point of my asking, Nucci.

The Eagles gave Jauron permission to speak with Cleveland yesterday.

And in the article you link, it says that Jauron is a candidate for Eagles DC, but not the only candidate.

Jauron might be promoted in Philly, but it has not happened yet.

Sorry, I just thought you weren't aware of what happened in Philly with McDermott.

Edited by nucci

Dumbest.

1) Wanny is a 4-3 guy. Bills have already committed to the 3-4. Brining in Wanny stunts that transition. And, going baack to the 4-3 means Nix and Gailey made a huge mistake (they won't admit that), and any gain from the past year is wasted.

What gain from the past year?

Any gain I saw was when we switched back towards a 4-3 or hybrid?

Chan is on the record saying are likely to be a multiple-front rather than a true 3-4 team "just because our personnel dictates that".

That being the case, it would make a lot of sense to bring in a 4-3 guy to work with a 3-4 guy.

That's a possibility. On the other hand, most of the D ass'ts aren't Edwards guys; they're Chan's. This is a good setup for Chan being able to keep control if it stays that way. In the worst case what you suggest can happen, in the best case it can be managed. It's a matter of Chan and the coaches all setting up a clear line of communication and control between themselves. If Chan tells them the buck stops with Wannstache, they'll salute.

I re-listened to Chan's presser talking about the D coaching staff and he does stop short of saying he's going to keep them. He agrees there's a good probability they'll be back and says he's happy, he also says we're evaluating, we'll evaluate the rest of this week and see what we need to do and what changes we need to make. He also says something later on about continuity being valuable, but not if it stands in the way of getting better. Overall, I think it's another instance of Chan saying something that leaves the impression of being very positive, but is actually caveated and leaves the door open to do something else.

Dumbest.

Stop being a b**** and start rooting for another team already. Gailey has stated NUMEROUS times already that they will run multiple fronts on defense, and if you truly believe the rest of your babbling then why not pull for another team. It's only football dude.