All of these Defense Coordinators getting fired

Chuckknox

Stop being a b**** and start rooting for another team already. Gailey has stated NUMEROUS times already that they will run multiple fronts on defense, and if you truly believe the rest of your babbling then why not pull for another team. It's only football dude.

Stop being a sissy and a memeber of the "Liberals for Censorship as Long as the Thought Process isn't the Same as Mine" club.

Reality check time dude... Get Real... don't just pretend and be a wanbabee. Or should I say "Wannybee" fanboy?

Stop being a sissy and a memeber of the "Liberals for Censorship as Long as the Thought Process isn't the Same as Mine" club.

Reality check time dude... Get Real... don't just pretend and be a wanbabee. Or should I say "Wannybee" fanboy?

Your response once again includes two incorrect assumptions. Well done.

Dumbest.

Not sure where you've been, but just a few tidbits.

1) Wanny is a 4-3 guy. Bills have already committed to the 3-4. Brining in Wanny stunts that transition. And, going baack to the 4-3 means Nix and Gailey made a huge mistake (they won't admit that), and any gain from the past year is wasted.

2) With Wanny and Edwards there, players and assts. are gonna be tripping over themselves. They won't know what master to serve... they may even end up taking sides.

3) Wanny wants high end DC money and wants to be Asst. HC so he can step into the Bills HC role when Chan gets fired. Ralph don't pay top coin for anyone. Not to mention, Wanny as a head caoch is a disaster. Wherever he's been as HC, he has a 2 yr. window in which his teams are very competitive and then a steady and steep decline.

4) This Wanny BS is Ralph's way of BSing the fans (AGAIN) into believing that he really cares about the Bills vying for a championship. He did the same thing last year when he feigned courting Cowher and Shanahan. A lot of fans bought in then, Ralph saw it worked tosell tix, so he's doing it again.

What a bunch of crapola dog and pony show... bringing wanny in to meet, greet, and gnosh with the staff. Picture something like that happening in your own work environment. I'll bet that went over with the staff like a lead fart.

Nope, I'm pretty sure your post gets dumbest award now. And most annoying. San Jose already addressed this but let me add my 2 cents.

1) who says Gailey made a mistake by switching to the 3-4, you? I'd guess 90% of us fans thought it was a good idea and the reasons Gailey stated for the switch are sound. They started getting the personell to make the switch but it'll take more than one off season. And like san jose said, you don't know what role Wanny would play. Either way, as Gailey said, we won't be strictly playing a 3-4 . They will play 4-3 and variations of everything. So I just don't see how Wanny wouldn't help this situation.

1a) It's funny how you are saying gailey won't admit he was wrong about switching to the 34, but you are defending the switch saying we would lose a years worth of whatever they gained. So is gailey wrong, or should we stay in the 34?

2) hogwash. Gailey's the headcoach and if he wants to bring in Wannstedt in whatever capacity he feels is in the best interest of the team, so be it. If Edwards isn't on board then I'm sure he can find his way to the door. It's not as if we were stopping anyone most of the year.

3)How do you know wanny wants high end dc money and to be asst head coach? It's nice you can get into the mans head and know what he is thinking. And you guys with the ralph is cheap crap are killing me. We are in a small market and can't dole out what some of the dallas' and redskins' do, but the man has spent plenty of money in his years. maybe not as wisely as we would have liked, but he Has spent it. So you are just plain wrong there.

4) Yea, I can see it now. Ralph telling Gailey, "hey coach, go see if you can get wannstedt to come for an interview so we can look like we are trying to do whatever we can do get this orginization back to respectability. We are not going to hire him, but if we look like we might, we'll sell a lot more season tickets next year. really coach, this is best for the team." I gotta say your #4 point was probably the stupidest thing I've read in awhile

bunch of crapola is right

ok. i feel better now.

Dumbest.

I'll take the bait, Doc. Just for fun and to point out that this can be spun the other way.

1) Wanny is a 4-3 guy. Bills have already committed to the 3-4. Bringing in Wanny stunts that transition. And, going baack to the 4-3 means Nix and Gailey made a huge mistake (they won't admit that), and any gain from the past year is wasted.

At Gailey's season ending presser, he emphasized yet again that he sees the Bills as a multiple front team, not a team married to any one scheme. He also stated that they would take the best defensive players regardless of scheme and would fit the scheme around the talents of their players. Nothing is wasted. Troup and Carrington can easily transition to a 4-3. It's not like the Bills made a drastic and irrevocable move towards the 3-4.

2) With Wanny and Edwards there, players and assts. are gonna be tripping over themselves. They won't know what master to serve... they may even end up taking sides.

Pure speculation. If Wannstache is brought aboard, we don't know if other heads will roll, what capacity he will be brought in as (it could still be as DC with Edwards being demoted), or any of the specifics. Purely negative take.

3) Wanny wants high end DC money and wants to be Asst. HC so he can step into the Bills HC role when Chan gets fired. Ralph don't pay top coin for anyone. Not to mention, Wanny as a head caoch is a disaster. Wherever he's been as HC, he has a 2 yr. window in which his teams are very competitive and then a steady and steep decline.

Ralph has mostly been cheap but not always. He has splurged from time to time and in fact paid to bring in Dick LeBeau even though the Bills had a DC as a Head Coach in Greg(g) Williams and a DC in Jerry Grey. Again, just a negative take.

4) This Wanny BS is Ralph's way of BSing the fans (AGAIN) into believing that he really cares about the Bills vying for a championship. He did the same thing last year when he feigned courting Cowher and Shanahan. A lot of fans bought in then, Ralph saw it worked tosell tix, so he's doing it again.

You're doing a good BillsVet imitation. I must say. I don't think the casual fan will but a ticket because we brought in a defensive coach. The people getting excited about this are the hard core fans, a small segment of the actual ticket buyers.

What a bunch of crapola dog and pony show... bringing wanny in to meet, greet, and gnosh with the staff. Picture something like that happening in your own work environment. I'll bet that went over with the staff like a lead fart.

This team has been a losing organization. Do you really care how Wanny's meet and greet was received by the holdover defensive staff? I sure as hell don't. This sends the message that losing will not be tolerated. It puts people on notice which should be the case when a team's defense is as horrendous as it was in 2010. I hope that the defensive coaching staff at OneBillsDrive experiences many sleepless nights.

This is by far the most intellegant response I have read on this Site and can not disagree with any of it. Good Post San Jose Bills Fan!

Edited by BillsMan75

Why are the Bills settling for a last place ranked defense, someone should be held accountable, right?

We have bad players, Lombardi and Parcels couldnt make them a respectable defense. We had 4-3 players, not good 4-3 players but 4-3 players none the less. We can not establish a pass rush to save our lives so we tried a switch to a 3-4 which disquises your defense more by not letting them know where the 4th guy is coming from. After allowing numerous 200+ yard rushing games and still not being able to apply any pressure we went to using multiple fronts, yes we where still bad but not as bad. Of coarse they cant come out ans say it but I think our coaches knew this year was going to be a wash as they filtered the roster to see what they have and what they need, it took some balls to drop Edwards and Lynch and not activate Maybin. Until we get some players that can apply some consistant pressure neither front is going to work no matter who the coach is.

Dr. Trooth, on 16 January 2011 - 09:49 AM, said:

Dumbest.

I'll take the bait, Doc. Just for fun and to point out that this can be spun the other way.

1) Wanny is a 4-3 guy. Bills have already committed to the 3-4. Bringing in Wanny stunts that transition. And, going baack to the 4-3 means Nix and Gailey made a huge mistake (they won't admit that), and any gain from the past year is wasted.

At Gailey's season ending presser, he emphasized yet again that he sees the Bills as a multiple front team, not a team married to any one scheme. He also stated that they would take the best defensive players regardless of scheme and would fit the scheme around the talents of their players. Nothing is wasted. Troup and Carrington can easily transition to a 4-3. It's not like the Bills made a drastic and irrevocable move towards the 3-4.

Pure speculation. If Wannstache is brought aboard, we don't know if other heads will roll, what capacity he will be brought in as (it could still be as DC with Edwards being demoted), or any of the specifics. Purely negative take.

Ralph has mostly been cheap but not always. He has splurged from time to time and in fact paid to bring in Dick LeBeau even though the Bills had a DC as a Head Coach in Greg(g) Williams and a DC in Jerry Grey. Again, just a negative take.

You're doing a good BillsVet imitation. I must say. I don't think the casual fan will but a ticket because we brought in a defensive coach. The people getting excited about this are the hard core fans, a small segment of the actual ticket buyers.

This team has been a losing organization. Do you really care how Wanny's meet and greet was received by the holdover defensive staff? I sure as hell don't. This sends the message that losing will not be tolerated. It puts people on notice which should be the case when a team's defense is as horrendous as it was in 2010. I hope that the defensive coaching staff at OneBillsDrive experiences many sleepless nights.

Why rationalize what amounts to a publicity stunt by the Bills. If they want Wanny, fire Edwards and bring him in or the Bills front office should STFU. Then Nix and Gailey can man up and admit they made a gigundo gaffe in going to the 3-4 and bringing in Edwards in the first place.

Wanny has only been a DC in place... in Dallas, under Jimmy J... then Jimmy J brings him on in mid season to be def. consultant for the Fins. That was a train wreck... Wanny gets the HC job and the Fins continue to suck. He then gets a "plum" job at Pitt (where he is an alum) and after 6 seasons gets shown the door. Hey... Gailey has a similar resume... maybe they're made for each other.

But, the bottom line is... Wanny ain't coming to the Bills.

If the Bills want to go high profile, they could bring in Man Gina or another experienced 3-4 guy. The hybrid crap ain't going to work with the Bills D. It might be different if the Bills were loaded with 11 starting vets that have seen just about everything, but that aint the case. They're bringing in a lot of youngins that will struggle just learning and mastering a few assignments. You start switching things back and forth and they're going to be thinking too much and not reacting and beaten for big big plays.

Thanks, BillsMan75.

I see you're a new member but I don't know how long you've been lurking here.

Anyways, welcome aboard.

There are tons of incredible posters here, many who have the ability to write professionally, IMO.

There are several levels of discussion on this board but it is great coming here and reading the best posters.

I've learned so much more here than I have at any sports media outlet. There is a core group here of about 30 posters who are amazingly knowledgeable. It's great just reading their stuff.