DraftTek Luck-Free Draft

Astrobot

Several teams have CB as a high priority, too: San Francisco at #7 wants one, Philly at ~#24 wants a pair of 'em, Detroit at #13 wants one as its top priority, and four teams have CB listed as P2---St.Louis (~#14), Pittsburgh(~#30), Oakland (#48), and Arizona (who might Amukamara there or trade their pick).

Of those, a trade down to 7 (San Francisco) makes the most sense, although it'd cost them a 2nd and 3rd, or a 2nd and 4th.

How about we be generous? We trade down for a 2nd and a 4th from Ariz. and they take Amukamara. We get 6 picks in first 107.

7 Buffalo Marcell Dareus DE34 Alabama

34 Buffalo Greg Jones ILB Michigan State

45 Buffalo Justin Houston OLB34 Georgia

68 Buffalo Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin

99 Buffalo Corey Liuget DT34 Illinois

107 Buffalo Pat Devlin QB Delaware

117 Buffalo Casey Matthews ILB Oregon

130 Buffalo Lee Ziemba OT Auburn

164 Buffalo Roy Helu RBF Nebraska

198 Buffalo Rob Housler TE Florida Atlantic

I would love to add Dareus AND Houston to our front 7...those are the two players on that list I'm most familiar with since they're SEC players, and I like both a lot. Houston is a very solid player on a very ordinary Georgia defense. A playmaking DE and OLB would make me a very happy Bills fan. The rest would be icing on the cake.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Several teams have CB as a high priority, too: San Francisco at #7 wants one, Philly at ~#24 wants a pair of 'em, Detroit at #13 wants one as its top priority, and four teams have CB listed as P2---St.Louis (~#14), Pittsburgh(~#30), Oakland (#48), and Arizona (who might Amukamara there or trade their pick).

Of those, a trade down to 7 (San Francisco) makes the most sense, although it'd cost them a 2nd and 3rd, or a 2nd and 4th.

How about we be generous? We trade down for a 2nd and a 4th from Ariz. and they take Amukamara. We get 6 picks in first 107.

As you noted there are a number of teams who covet the two highly DBs in this draft. If we can trade down and get additonal picks and then make them count Buddy will accelerate the rebuilding process and the re-construction of this very flawed roster.

The Patriots, whether fortuitously or strategically done, have a number of multiple high picks in an upcoming season where the roster is going to be enlarged due to the probable added two regular season games.

Astrobot, if you ever leave this board I'm going to hunt you down, bludgeon you to submission and then drag you back into the fold. Your draft segments are the highlight of this site. You will not be allowed to walk away from what you have started. It is just like the Mafia-once you're in you are in for life! :thumbsup:

Edited by JohnC

But if Dareus is going at #2, how the **** do we trade back and get him at 7?

Fairley was what we needed; bummed he will likely be picked, but not surprised. All along I've been saying that I don't think Luck will declare, but I think Bills fans should hope he does bc it will be to our benefit to have 1 of the top 2 defensive players available on the board when we pick. The Bills are likely out of the Luck sweepstakes altogether now anyways, unless you predict the Bills to be even worse next year, which would be tough to believe.

Personally, I think the chances of the Bills trading down are slim to none. Its just not something they do and there isn't a player worth fighting for at 3 that teams will trade up for, unless someone craps their pants over AJ Green and I doubt that will happen.

If Fairley goes over Bowers at 1 and the Broncos pass up on a CB and take Bowers/Dareus(I find it hard to believe that they would take a CB at 2) we are at least guaranteed a shot at one can't miss prospect. At this point, if Fairley is off the board, I bet the Bills will target Bowers. Some might argue that he is a one hit wonder (only having one good year), but the kid has been a can't miss prospect most of his career. He is huge and not easily pushed off the ball. But, most importantly, he can rush the QB. Chan has made clear the Bills will be a multi-front team, so the fact that he doesn't fit a 3-4 as well as Dareus shouldn't be an issue. Robert Quinn just looks too small for the Bills and Dareus, while being the safest bet, is too similar to the guys we already have IMO.

I see 0 chance they Bills take Gabbard. I'd prefer Locker anyways, as I think Locker has the most upside out of anyone, even with this poor senior year. So my choice is Bowers. Shoot, I'd even take Heyward if he's still there in the 2nd round, though I think his bowl game performance will put him back in the 1st.

Edited by Union2008

While I'm on a roll, let's trade up 1 with Denver. We switch places in RD#2 and they get our earlier RD#4.

We make a big noise about taking Patrick Peterson with the #2 pick, so Cincy gets nervous (Safety is their biggest need).

We switch with Cincinnati for --yep-- their RD2 #35, giving us back to back picks at #35 and 36 (about the time that the Pats* are pi$$ing us off.

We trade Donte Whitner to Cincinnati (they want FS and SS). We get our earlier 4th rounder back.

Net: 6 picks in the top 117.

3 Buffalo Marcell Dareus DE34 Alabama

35 Buffalo Greg Jones ILB Michigan State

36 Buffalo Stephen Paea DT34 Oregon State

99 Buffalo Riley Reiff OT Iowa

117 Buffalo Vinny Curry OLB34 Marshall

130 Buffalo Greg McElroy QB Alabama

164 Buffalo Cliff Matthews OLB34 South Carolina

198 Buffalo Konrad Reuland TE Stanford

This gets you a scheme-versatile DE, a solid ILB, and a big guy at nose.

Compare to the Other Scenario, where you get 2 dominant linemen early and your OLB earlier:

2 Buffalo Nick Fairley DE34 Auburn

36 Buffalo Stephen Paea DT34 Oregon State

117 Buffalo Vinny Curry OLB34 Marshall

130 Buffalo Casey Matthews ILB Oregon

164 Buffalo Nick Foles QB Arizona

198 Buffalo James Brewer OT Indiana

Astro

I am not a big Greg Jones fan, I always felt he was soft. The rest of the draft is pretty spot on though. Maybe put Marcus Cannon in at 2 over Jones, and if this were to come true Helu and Ziemba would be late round steals. I think Matthews will move up.

Panthers will threaten to take Newton and play up chances of Bills or Bengals taking him if they dont, to force Cards desperate hand. They can also threaten to trade the pick to another QB-desperate team like 9ers. Cards have a terrific WR in Fitzgerald, how can they waste his talent another year?

At this point it's less about wasting a year and more about keeping him for another contract. Whether a draft pick or FA they need a premiere qb or he's gone. Ie qb at 5 could be that player AND fitz for the longterm - extra value, and a reason to make a poor choice for the team as a whole and not going bpa.

Edited by NoSaint

I like this draft a heck of a lot more then your first one...:)

I am not a big Greg Jones fan, I always felt he was soft. The rest of the draft is pretty spot on though. Maybe put Marcus Cannon in at 2 over Jones, and if this were to come true Helu and Ziemba would be late round steals. I think Matthews will move up.

I love me some Cannon!

Agree that we have Matthews and (for that matter, Gabbert) way too low. I don't think Matthews overtakes Hightower, but I think Jones is vulnerable as #1 ILB. Quan Sturdivant or Hightower could edge him out by draft time. Let's predict it ends up Hightower, Matthews, Sturdivant-Jones, assuming they all declare. I think Matthews will have a decent game, but I'll still bet the over!

I'd love to see us grab Quinn. We have K. Williams. I like Carrington. I like Moats. Batten could be good - as yet we don't know, but he was rated about as high as Moats. Poz, if he comes back is o.k. A few more playmakers - and a guy like Quinn, who could be pro-bowl material, will not only allow the other good players abilities to shine, but he could help make them all better. I'd love to see that pick, or Bowers or Fairley. Bring in another guy, too, for our front seven - maybe sneak that other DT who was also suspended - or some NT who could really dominate, and you add a healthy Merriman (we hope) and you never know - our defense could go from chumps to champs in no time. I really like our team's heart. With some more talent on Defense, I can see our guys rallying and having a real Identity as a young, tough group.

While I'm on a roll, let's trade up 1 with Denver. We switch places in RD#2 and they get our earlier RD#4.

We make a big noise about taking Patrick Peterson with the #2 pick, so Cincy gets nervous (Safety is their biggest need).

We switch with Cincinnati for --yep-- their RD2 #35, giving us back to back picks at #35 and 36 (about the time that the Pats* are pi$$ing us off.

We trade Donte Whitner to Cincinnati (they want FS and SS). We get our earlier 4th rounder back.

Net: 6 picks in the top 117.

How do we trade Whitner when we dont have him under contract?

I'm wondering where Marvin Austin will end up. He's a great prospect that could have come out last year. Some teams will pass because of not playing all year but, he could be a good pick up in the 2nd round.