DraftTek Luck-Free Draft

Astrobot

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Detroit is as desperate for a CB as this guy says, I'd almost prefer to see us trade back and pick up some extra picks. There are a lot of front 7 D players with first round grades, and we need more than one.

I would hope someone entertains the notion of trading down with those options, however, I still say that Da'Quan Bowers is the pick there now that he's come out. Play 4-3 if you have to, he is potentially a hugely talented pass rusher who plays the run well too! By the way, ESPN's "experts" already have Bowers as the #1 player in this draft, at the moment.

Edited by Bflojohn

I think either Fairley or Bowers will be there. Cards are so desperate for a QB I see them trading their 1st (#5 overall) and 3rd + something else to Panthers so they can draft Newton. Cards are soooo desperate for a QB if they dont take one its like writing another season off. I dont see them doing that and risk losing fan support. With no obvious #1 now for Panthers, they will value adding more depth in higher rounds.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I think either Fairley or Bowers will be there. Cards are so desperate for a QB I see them trading their 1st (#5 overall) and 3rd to Panthers so they can draft Newton. Cards are soooo desperate for a QB if they dont take one its like writing another season off. I dont see them doing that and risk losing fan support. With no obvious #1 now for Panthers, they will value adding more depth in higher rounds.

Although Arizona needs a QB bad, I don't see them trading to #1 to pick up Newton. They'll get a qb at 5 and probably even Newton there.

Although Arizona needs a QB bad, I don't see them trading to #1 to pick up Newton. They'll get a qb at 5 and probably even Newton there.

Panthers will threaten to take Newton and play up chances of Bills or Bengals taking him if they dont, to force Cards desperate hand. They can also threaten to trade the pick to another QB-desperate team like 9ers. Cards have a terrific WR in Fitzgerald, how can they waste his talent another year?

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

If Detroit is as desperate for a CB as this guy says, I'd almost prefer to see us trade back and pick up some extra picks. There are a lot of front 7 D players with first round grades, and we need more than one.

Several teams have CB as a high priority, too: San Francisco at #7 wants one, Philly at ~#24 wants a pair of 'em, Detroit at #13 wants one as its top priority, and four teams have CB listed as P2---St.Louis (~#14), Pittsburgh(~#30), Oakland (#48), and Arizona (who might Amukamara there or trade their pick).

Of those, a trade down to 7 (San Francisco) makes the most sense, although it'd cost them a 2nd and 3rd, or a 2nd and 4th.

How about we be generous? We trade down for a 2nd and a 4th from Ariz. and they take Amukamara. We get 6 picks in first 107.

7 Buffalo Marcell Dareus DE34 Alabama

34 Buffalo Greg Jones ILB Michigan State

45 Buffalo Justin Houston OLB34 Georgia

68 Buffalo Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin

99 Buffalo Corey Liuget DT34 Illinois

107 Buffalo Pat Devlin QB Delaware

117 Buffalo Casey Matthews ILB Oregon

130 Buffalo Lee Ziemba OT Auburn

164 Buffalo Roy Helu RBF Nebraska

198 Buffalo Rob Housler TE Florida Atlantic

Several teams have CB as a high priority, too: San Francisco at #7 wants one, Philly at ~#24 wants a pair of 'em, Detroit at #13 wants one as its top priority, and four teams have CB listed as P2---St.Louis (~#14), Pittsburgh(~#30), Oakland (#48), and Arizona (who might Amukamara there or trade their pick).

Of those, a trade down to 7 (San Francisco) makes the most sense, although it'd cost them a 2nd and 3rd, or a 2nd and 4th.

How about we be generous? We trade down for a 2nd and a 4th from Ariz. and they take Amukamara. We get 6 picks in first 107.

I like that draft a lot

I think either Fairley or Bowers will be there. Cards are so desperate for a QB I see them trading their 1st (#5 overall) and 3rd + something else to Panthers so they can draft Newton. Cards are soooo desperate for a QB if they dont take one its like writing another season off. I dont see them doing that and risk losing fan support. With no obvious #1 now for Panthers, they will value adding more depth in higher rounds.

The problem with this thinking though is that with pretty much any rookie QB the Cards are writing off the season anyway as this rookie learns to win (if he survives). The Cards are no where near the position that Pitts was when RoboQB joined a team featuring Polamalu, Ward, Bettis among others to allow them to win with a rookie QB.

As the Luckless draft has no QB around projected to be an immediate difference maker this logic makes little sense for the Cards.

The problem with this thinking though is that with pretty much any rookie QB the Cards are writing off the season anyway as this rookie learns to win (if he survives). The Cards are no where near the position that Pitts was when RoboQB joined a team featuring Polamalu, Ward, Bettis among others to allow them to win with a rookie QB.

As the Luckless draft has no QB around projected to be an immediate difference maker this logic makes little sense for the Cards.

Roethlisberger wasn't used as starter his rookie year until Maddox injury, him starting wasn't the plan going into the season.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

I am really hoping if the first players in your draft declare one of them ends up in Buffalo . I would really like jones or wilson in round two. I want to get bigger in stronger in teh front 7 . Stocker falls to the 4th that would be a great pick

But at least a franchise-potential QB gives them hope, and moves them 1 year closer to having one. Also, consider rookie QBs these days are more often than not stepping into the line of fire and leading good teams (Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez, Bradford.)

if they go another year with Anderson, it will be freaking brutal there

the old model of drafting a QB and having him sit and learn behind a vet doesnt work anymore when youre paying them $10MM/yr

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I like that more than WVU and Stl Bills do combined!

I'd still like to see Fairley, but I'm most certainly ok with this. I liked the type of TE that Kendricks is and think he could really be a receiving weapon. I also heard somewhere that Pat Devlin could be a steal.

Oh yes, I like this. :thumbsup: