Todd McShay seems to know the Bills too well

Rayzer32

Apparently the 30 DBs the Bills have taken in the last 4 drafts have him sold on who the Bills will take this year.

1. Carolina - Andrew Luck QB

2. Denver - Nick Fairly DT

3. Buffalo - Patrick Peterson CB

Also has Blaine Gabbert going #5 to Arizona.

I saw this too.

No way they take a CB. If they do then Bills fans can revisit Buddys' interview where he stated he watches the same game as everyone else.

If the Bills dont have a shot at Luck(which they shouldn't), then they have to go front 7 on D. CB is not a concern when you do not have a pass rush.

If the Bills had any semblance of a rush, these corners/dbs would be awesome.

The QB from Mizzou was also weird. Not sure about that one. Kind of seemed like an 'I told you about him first' thing from McShay.

Anyone who has access to the internet could do Todd McShay's job.

Bills have the worst run defense in the league, no long term solution at QB and a subpar Offensive line, and they take a CB? They have (I believe) Youboty, Corner, McGee and McKelvin all under contract for next year. They might need a safety, though I imagine they'll re-sign George Wilson. Seriously. Shut up Todd.

Apparently the 30 DBs the Bills have taken in the last 4 drafts have him sold on who the Bills will take this year.

1. Carolina - Andrew Luck QB

2. Denver - Nick Fairly DT

3. Buffalo - Patrick Peterson CB

Also has Blaine Gabbert going #5 to Arizona.

I go with Narwocki. He's gotten the Bills Draft right 100% since Whitner

Anyone who has access to the internet could do Todd McShay's job.

Bills have the worst run defense in the league, no long term solution at QB and a subpar Offensive line, and they take a CB? They have (I believe) Youboty, Corner, McGee and McKelvin all under contract for next year. They might need a safety, though I imagine they'll re-sign George Wilson. Seriously. Shut up Todd.

I don't think this will happen either, but do note that Peterson is projected as a safety in the NFL.

I'm not wure what's worse, this CB prediction or that AJ Green will go #3? I have a feeling many of these mock drafts slot the players in terms of best overall,,,and whoever is sitting at #3 then so be it.

If you watch the Bills it only makes sense to take a "franchise QB" to mentor under Fitz, OR a D-lineman or LB stud to contribute NOW.

Edited by zow2

McShay is getting Dumber by the minute. First he has Gabbert second best QB know this, guy's a friggin moron. If we draft a corner first that would show the complete ineptitude of the front office especially after the Spiller debacle.

Imagine a job were you can say anything that pops in your head, never have to be close to right, and never get called out for being full of it. That is how Todd McShay earns his scratch.

PTR

I go with Narwocki. He's gotten the Bills Draft right 100% since Whitner

Well so have I. But that doesn't mean I know anything. It just means I read a lot the days before the draft. Nawrocki, as well as all the "guru sensai" types provide very little insight in January...or at all. He, like all gurus changed to Spiller after word out of Bflo had them taking Spiller.

If you listen to Gailey and Nix, they'll almost tell you who they're going to draft. I love Gailey's pressers.

As great as players like Amukamara, Peterson and Green are, we don't need CBs and WRs. We need front-seven beasts. I'm talking about guys like Bowers, Fairley, Quinn, and Miller. Any one of these guys can contribute right away. We need to boost a porous run defense that ranked dead last this year and has been a major Achilles heel for this team for a number of years. Front-seven players are what we need and they are plentiful this year.

There was a story about a year ago done by Mike Florio (I don't feel like digging it up) basically saying that nobody respects McShay in league circles & that he's an unqualified hack. I don't agree with everything Florio writes, but this piece seemed dead on. When is the last time McShay watched a Buffalo game? If ever? As if the return game is a pressing need. What an idiot.

Never mind: it was easy to find; here it is:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/31/todd-mcshay-backlash-builds/

it's a good piece...

Edited by applescruff

When it comes to the draft I will admit that Iam no expert at all but if I was rebuilding a team. I would start with big men first. Not some DB. OR WR. I come from the old school where the games are won in the trenches.

Edited by shadowcat10

Sounds like a lot of sour grapes. Does McShay look like a fool because of what he thought about Clausen? And if Carolina takes a QB at #1?

McShay will never live down his crusade for JaMarcus Russel, nor should he. It should be etched on his tombstone.

"I can't remember being in such awe of a quarterback in my decade of attending combines and pro days."

Here's another of McShay's Greatest Hits...Jevon Snead!!

Remember, last August he stated that Jevan Snead was better than Colt McCoy and would get drafted in the top five. He has yet to publicly retract that statement.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If the Bills take a WR, RB or CB with their first pick, they will loose about half of their fan base. They need to take a QB, DE, DT or even an Offensive lineman if they are going to show their fans that they are serious about turning things around. The only way they could get away with taking another RB is if they already have plans to trade Spiller.

IF Luck is gone and by all accounts he will be, you take the best player available for your needs. That would be DL players - since we were 32nd against the Rush I'd say our path is clear.

Our Round 2 player should be a OT to help stop the bleeding. In the last 2 years the Jets( a team we used to whip) has 1000 yards rushing against us in 4 games.

We have Kyle Williams and thats it we need more beef !!!

If the Bills take a WR, RB or CB with their first pick, they will loose about half of their fan base. They need to take a QB, DE, DT or even an Offensive lineman if they are going to show their fans that they are serious about turning things around. The only way they could get away with taking another RB is if they already have plans to trade Spiller.

Frankly guys like Aj Green dont come out every year, Id be ok taking him at 3 the kid is dynamic ! and would give us a great young receiving core with Johnson and Easley, then the rest of our draft must be defensive cept for a RT in the 3rd round.

Edited by Philhansonfan

Frankly guys like Aj Green dont come out every year, Id be ok taking him at 3 the kid is dynamic ! and would give us a great young receiving core with Johnson and Easley, then the rest of our draft must be defensive cept for a RT in the 3rd round.

Nothing against AJ Green, but that is the ultimate luxury pick at #3. It would be like repeating the Spiller pick but times 10. And what has Easley done to prove anything? I'm more high on Roosevelt and Jones,,,to go along with Nelson, Parrish, Evans and SJ.