pro bowl and nothing for kyle

dailar

I love how people are upset.

We have absolutely zero high caliber talent on this team guys. Sure, we have a few players that are better than the rest on our team, and a couple that play with intensity... but relative to the rest of the league, they still suck.

This just proves that the Bills have zero quality.

Hopefully this shows management something. But it probably won't.

I predict we will never have another winning season, and the Bills will be moved and/or removed from the league within 5-10 years.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I guess stat really do lie. The pats defense is ranked 28th in the league but still get 4 guys voted to the pro bowl.

If you were to rank defenses against there own offenses, you would understand this. Their points surrendered vs. points scored and take aways vs. turnovers. Besides, winning IS winning. The Bills don't do that very much.

It is a popularity contest all the time when it comes to the interior line of the Pro Bowl because the average person doesn't care to know who any of the players are unless they stand out and become house hold names. People know Wilfork's name and he has been to the Pro Bowl, so when people see it and go to vote, they just assume he is still good. Not that Vince Wilfork ISN'T good, but I think you get what I am trying to say.

Pro Bowl is based off of individual talent, and that defense has talent. Their defensive ranking has NOTHING to do with a Pro Bowl.

Perhaps not as much as a team's overall w-l record but yes it does matter. In some ways sending the NT of the worst run D in the league does seem to be inappropriate. I am a Kyle Williams fan but the Bills overall record and the pathetic run defense really do have to weigh against him.

Kyle Williams had a good season. Any team would be happy to add him to their roster.

It's just that Ngata, Wilfork, and Seymour had slightly better seasons and are all previously established. I'm sure Williams was close, he just didn't do quite enough.

I have to agree. I really like williams, but there are a lot of great interior D-linemen (on better defenses) that did not make it. One name that comes to mind immediately is Paul Soliai of the Dolphins. That guy is an absolute beast. The phins have been one of the toughest teams to run against this year and he's the main reason. Casey Hampton of the Steelers is another who was left off.

Tim Graham reports Kyle Williams has been named 1st alternate at NT for the AFC in the Pro Bowl. So if Wilfork, Ngata or Seymour bow out or are playing in the Super Bowl then Williams goes to Hawaii.

PTR

Good for him. Something tells me he'll be making the trip to Hawaii.

Tim Graham reports Kyle Williams has been named 1st alternate at NT for the AFC in the Pro Bowl. So if Wilfork, Ngata or Seymour bow out or are playing in the Super Bowl then Williams goes to Hawaii.

PTR

This is a true compliment to Williams as I am under the impression (and I could be wrong) that ONLY the coaches involved with the game are responsible for naming the alternates. The coaches know more about the players than the players themselves, let alone the fans. Hell, players vote for players that they don't even see on TV let alone play against. IMO, the coaches vote is the only legitimate vote.

GO BILLS!!!