Tentative 2011 Opponents (Assuming there's a 2011 season)

calbear

KC has the best tailgating (besides Rich Wilson Stadium) in the NFL.

Great fans, great BBQ. Check out Jack Stacks and Arthur Murray's (sp?)

Rich wilson stadium????

RALPH WILSON STADIUM!

where are all the "real" bills fans at?

Epic mistake-laden thread…firstly in the title, the word is TRENTATIVE.

Secondly the stadium name mistake which has already been pointed out.

Thirdly the schedule has errors.

And finally, Arthur Murray's is a dance studio and as Lombardi said, "football is not a contact sport, it's a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport."

Hopefully the Bills are going up there to play a collision sport…and that our run D is much improved.

Epic mistake-laden thread…firstly in the title, the word is TRENTATIVE.

Secondly the stadium name mistake which has already been pointed out.

Thirdly the schedule has errors.

And finally, Arthur Murray's is a dance studio and as Lombardi said, "football is not a contact sport, it's a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport."

Hopefully the Bills are going up there to play a collision sport…and that our run D is much improved.

Actually I've been throwing Rich Ralph Stadium out for awhile, I'm seeing if it will catch on. I think its more accurate with a sense of history. This is the first time someone pointed it out.

But yeah Arthur Murry is dance. Arthur Bryant's is the BBQ. Definitely get their "sweet heat" if you go.

http://www.arthurbryantsbbq.com/

how can there be rumors, the league doesn't start the scheduling process until February?

This is how:

CBS has the Dallas Thanksgiving game in 2011. That usually means they'll schedule an AFC team.

There are two AFC teams that play in Dallas in 2011. Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Well - I hope we are at Oakland, since I'm local!

However, I also hope it's late enough in the season where Oakland's irrelevant and hopefully we're not. That's the only way I'd feel safe going to a game there!!

At Denver would be a fun road-trip, though. I saw them play there in '95 (we lost 22-7) in the old Mile High, but the Genny Cream Ale before the game helped make it all okay...

Being local as well I would love to see them in Oakland too. Our last time there we had a great gathering and a great tailgate.

Although I would'nt be upset if the Bills travelled to San Diego either. In which case there will be thousands of Bills fans attending, and the San Diego Bills Backers put together a great party.

No matter what happens, if we have a season next year, and if the NFL does'nt change the schedule rotation, the Bills will be in California next year.

Edited by Mark Vader

And if they play 18 games, the other road game would be 4th place AFC South (currently Houston).

Been to NYG, NYJ, MIA, DAL, CIN, SD, HOU. So looks like my away game will be NE or KC.

KC it is :)

Mrs. mead and I would be interested in KC.

Assuming there's no lockout, the Bills would play the following teams next season. An * denotes the teams are locked into playing one another regardless of the next weeks' outcomes.

KC*

SD*

OAK*

DEN*

PHI*

NYG*

WAS*

DAL*

CIN

HOU

NYJ* x 2

MIA* x 2

NE* x 2

I forget the part of the formula that dictates home vs. away, so if anyone knows that feel free to post it.

The combined winning percentage of these opponents is 0.533.

This schedule isn't a cake-walk either. I hope we do some things to really improve this offseason.

Assuming there's no lockout, the Bills would play the following teams next season. An * denotes the teams are locked into playing one another regardless of the next weeks' outcomes.

KC*

SD*

OAK*

DEN*

PHI*

NYG*

WAS*

DAL*

CIN

HOU

NYJ* x 2

MIA* x 2

NE* x 2

I forget the part of the formula that dictates home vs. away, so if anyone knows that feel free to post it.

The combined winning percentage of these opponents is 0.533.

So I looked at this schedule which may change slightly and tried to realistically analyze it in advance as I did last year...My (way in advance) prediction for this year (2010 season) was 5-11 which I thought was optimistic given a new coach and staff, switching defensive schemes, etc....Well, the season has worked out almost exactly as I forecasted (if anyone out there cares?)...I mentioned how the Bills would start out really bad...and they had a chance to win in the Jacksonville game, but could realistically lose their first 6-8 games given a switch from 4-3 to 3-4 defense, and other factors...I am almost sure I mentioned how Edwards would flop early and be out injured or replaced prior to mid-season. I mentioned how they would begin to gel some on the defense and actually surprise people in the second half of the season and win at least half of their remaining games. I really don't know the inner workings on this site, but would love to look at my prediction and comments prior to the season if I can look at old posts of mine?

Anyways, at first glance I have a rough prediction as early as it is at this point, dependent some on the draft, free agent acquisitions, etc..training camp injuries, opponents offseason etc....but to me it looks like 6 wins and 10 losses plus or minus one game. I know I will get criticized like I did last year for my prediction, but once the real season evolved this year all those "positive", "optimistic", people who felt that I was a "debbie downer" all disappeared as it played out incredibly close to what I realistically predicted. I love the Bills as much as the next person, but I try to take my emotion and passion out of the equation when I'm being objective. I really wish the Bills were 10-6 this year and next but 6-10 is what I see next year.

Oklahoma Joe's rules ... period ... end of story. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Jack Stacks is no better than any of a hundred other Q places I've been to. Not saying it is bad just not memorable.

Edit: BTW this place gives OK Joe's a run for its money Coopers and I just learned they now have a Ft Worth location .... road trip :beer:

That is correct. There is a Coopers. It is located in the Stockyards area just north of Fort Worth. Their ribs were good. They had several decent TV's for sports watching. The ONLY minus is that the tables and chairs are "picnic" table form and one may wind up sitting next to or across from someone you might not know.

my future 2011 schedule shows:

HOME - n.e., nyJ, Mia, den, kc, phil,was, last place afc south

AWAY - n.e., nyJ, Mia, oak, s.d., dal, nyG, last place afc North

Your schedule is correct, except for the AFC West games. The Bills will not make 2 trips to California, because of this reason: THE NFL ANNOUNCED that in future years, teams will travel to either Kansas City and San Diego OR to Oakland and Denver when playing the entire AFC West, and to San Francisco and Arizona OR to Seattle and St. Louis when playing the entire NFC West. The actual matchups have not yet been announced, so AFC West and NFC West opponents are subject to change.

I might have read that chart wrong but if you look at the SD line it says they play Buff "away" and if you look at the Buff line it says SD "away" which is right? Did I look at it wrong? I am working so I am using my iPhone and don't have the time to stare at it...

Don't forget the big "X" factor: Toronto. It may not officially be an away game, but the opposition fans have been much more boisterous than Bills fans at these games..

Then it will be the Miami Fish, book it. More popular team with a better record.

Yep. The Bills are about the least known, certainly the least popular team in the entire league, or frankly, in major league sports for that matter. Well, maybe the Kansas City Royals are worse... maybe. Bills will be shut out of prime time next year as they were this year. and for good reason. Bills games are hard to watch.