Next Game

Trader

In case anyone didnt notice, picking 9th forced us to miss out on A QB, some great D players, and OTs - wind up with a crappy small RB.

Id like this draft to require as little of our scouts as possible - it needs to be completely idiot proof.

Picking in the top five is not idiot-proof. Example A: Mike Williams. Example B: the Detroit Lions.

Good franchises find talent no matter where they pick. Bad franchises don't. Picking fourth in the draft does not miraculously turn this bad franchise into a good one. :lol:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jets rest their starters, Brohm should start as well as guys like Maybin and McCargo. Who cares if Fitzpatrick carves up the Jets 2nd stringers? Can't take anything from it and you could lose a lot of draft slots.

Brohm can go in when the game is wrapped up. The rest can be used in the game more then they have in the past. We do not want to make Fitz feel uncomfortable going in to the offseason. Perhaps during the offseason but not before it's over.

Next week the Bills need to lose. A win over the Jets will hurt this franchise much more than helping it. I only wish the game meant somethign for the Jets so we could cause them pain. Darn Redskins beating the Jags.

Beating the Jets is always good, no matter what. While the higher the draft choice the better, I'm not sure if we continue to draft the way we have that it really matters. We have struck the big zero the last two years in round 1 with both choices being pretty high.

Next week the Bills need to lose. A win over the Jets will hurt this franchise much more than helping it. I only wish the game meant somethign for the Jets so we could cause them pain. Darn Redskins beating the Jags.

Beating the Jets is always good, no matter what. While the higher the draft choice the better, I'm not sure if we continue to draft the way we have that it really matters. We have struck the big zero the last two years in round 1 with both choices being pretty high.

Explain this, Kiper.

And you BETTER come up with more than "a higher pick gets a better player" becuase you dont drop in to a sports team discussion board with garbage like "a loss helps the franchise" without some kind of backup.

I want to see some kind of draft projections and predictions that PROVES your thesis that a win next week "hurts the franchise MUCH more than a loss."

Edited by RkFast

Never thought I'd say this, but yes, we need to lose to the Jets.

I want a team I can be proud of next year, and a win could seriously jeopardize a decent draft choice. (I seriously wanted the Bills to beat the Pats today but that shalacking clearly shows our weaknesses). A Jets win is meaningless to them, a win would be useless for us for pride because they'd be playing with backups, and a loss means two, maybe three picks early in the draft for us).

This team is close to being a playoff contender. One draft pick could make the difference between 8-8 and watching the playoffs at home and 10-6 and (finally) playing in a wildcard...or championship.

Just imagine if nothing else was different about this team, other than if we had a Troy Polamalu-like safety and started Fitz from Game 1. We'd likely be something close to 9-6 right now. We could very well have beaten the Dolphins the first week, the Chiefs, Bears, Steelers and Ravens.

it truly doesn't matter what anyone thinks or wants about winning or losing next week. We will lose. This team does not have the makings to play tough teams. This team is five years from the playoffs and 10 years from being allowed on the same field as the Patriots. Team needs are RDE, NT, DT, LDE, LB, LB, ILB, ILB, S, RT, LT, G, QB, WR, TE, TE. And by the time we get half of them you can throw a P & K into the mix. A top five pick and a second pick around #35 may produce one starter and only one bust. But that is if we are lucky and don't blow both picks.

The Jets may tank next week. It could cost us a difference maker in the draft if we win.

Anyone who wants to "feel good" next week & ends up happy that we won a game, that the other team tanked, and it cost us draft position, is foolish.

Just think if we had Roethlisberger, Willis & one of last year's LTs instead Losman, Lynch & The Spiller of footballs, and if you can't understand why I'm rooting for the Jets B team next week, you don't know what it takes to improve a bad team. Draft position is more important than beating the Jets B team.

Today was the worst time I ever had attending a Bills game. I felt like a prisoner at the Ralph because I couldn't leave early because I took a bus trip from Albany instead of driving. Even though the score was different, this game was even more agonizing than being at last season's Cleveland game.

This game showed how little wins against bad teams means. The goal is to win a championship, not beat Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati & 1-7 at home Miami and be unable to beat any playoff team that tries. I hope all the people who put the franchise QB tag on Fitzpatrick, were gleefully celebrating our 4 wins and think we're on the way to the playoffs got a swift slap in the face watching this game. This team needs impact players & year in & year out we get none.

I'm glad the home season is over, because quite frankly, traveling almost 600 miles round trip to watch performances like today, when we have to face a real Super Bowl contender, has sickened me & I don't think I could handle going to another game this season.

it truly doesn't matter what anyone thinks or wants about winning or losing next week. We will lose. This team does not have the makings to play tough teams. This team is five years from the playoffs and 10 years from being allowed on the same field as the Patriots. Team needs are RDE, NT, DT, LDE, LB, LB, ILB, ILB, S, RT, LT, G, QB, WR, TE, TE. And by the time we get half of them you can throw a P & K into the mix. A top five pick and a second pick around #35 may produce one starter and only one bust. But that is if we are lucky and don't blow both picks.

Completely disagree. "10 years from being allowed on the same field as the Patriots"? Brady won't be playing in 10 years. Billichek probably won't be coaching for them either. Teams are made and broken in the offseason--often one season. Teams make radical changes in one year...every year.

This team is a few changes, a lot of practice, and a couple of draft picks and trades away, from being in the playoffs.

Next week the Bills need to lose. A win over the Jets will hurt this franchise much more than helping it.

I would seriously like to see Brohm and Brown both get to play a couple series each, just to give them a chance to get some reps against another team. Fitz is still my #1, but I think these other QBs need a chance to get some PT in a real game.

Picking in the top five is not idiot-proof. Example A: Mike Williams. Example B: the Detroit Lions.Good franchises find talent no matter where they pick. Bad franchises don't. Picking fourth in the draft does not miraculously turn this bad franchise into a good one. :lol:

Yeah, they really screwed the pooch with their top 3 pick last year, Ndamakung Suh. And they also picked that huge bust Calvin Johnson with the #2 overall pick a few years ago.....give me a break.

Meanwhile, the Bills pick players like Maybin, Lynch, Whitner, with picks 8-11.

If that's the difference between picking #2 and #9, I'll take my chances with picking in the top 3 vs. beating a B squad Jets team on Sunday.

Yeah, they really screwed the pooch with their top 3 pick last year, Ndamakung Suh. And they also picked that huge bust Calvin Johnson with the #2 overall pick a few years ago.....give me a break.

And the other 90,000 years the Lions picked in the top 5 and came away with ca-ca?

The Jets may tank next week. It could cost us a difference maker in the draft if we win.

Anyone who wants to "feel good" next week & ends up happy that we won a game, that the other team tanked, and it cost us draft position, is foolish.

Just think if we had Roethlisberger, Willis & one of last year's LTs instead Losman, Lynch & The Spiller of footballs, and if you can't understand why I'm rooting for the Jets B team next week, you don't know what it takes to improve a bad team. Draft position is more important than beating the Jets B team.

Roethlisberger was selected 11th overall in the 2004 NFL Draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

And the other 90,000 years the Lions picked in the top 5 and came away with ca-ca?

You probably have nothing to fear because Wilson, Litman and company will want to save as much cash to the cap as possible and will relish in beating up on the Jets bench players rather that having to lay out 50 million on a top five draft pick. They will label a hollow victory over the, "Almost Jets", as "Progress" even though it will be a completely irrevelant victory. The Bills will do their usual stumble and fumble draft but will make up for those mistakes by overpaying a third tier free agent or two who will be of absolutely no use to the team next year.

I have faith in two people in the Bills organization. Russ Brandon knows how to sell tickets for an awful team and Chan Gailey who I believe could bring a winner here if he had enough talent. The rest of the Bills leadership is a total waste form the top down.

Edited by Trader

Roethlisberger was selected 11th overall in the 2004 NFL Draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

and we picked 13th, missing him by 2 picks all because we won 6 instead of 5. Tom Donahoe was on the phone trying to trade UP. Why, because we won 6 games in a meaningless season and Pittsburgh, who also won 6, picked ahead of us. Instead Donahoe picked Evans at 13 & then traded away the farm for JP Losman. How difficult is it for you to understand that meaningless games cost us impact players. At least that team didn't come down to the last game against a team that is tanking and had fans rooting for a TOTALLY MEANINGLESS game against the Jets B squad because they want to feel good Monday morning.

The Bills winning next Sunday will be like a 5 year old feeling good because dad let him win. By the time he's a teenager, he's sick of being patronized, by the time he's an adult, if dad still can beat him & is letting him win, he hates his dad. Please stop being the fan equivalent of a 5 year old.

and we picked 13th, missing him by 2 picks all because we won 6 instead of 5. Tom Donahoe was on the phone trying to trade UP. Why, because we won 6 games in a meaningless season and Pittsburgh, who also won 6, picked ahead of us. Instead Donahoe picked Evans at 13 & then traded away the farm for JP Losman. How difficult is it for you to understand that meaningless games cost us impact players. At least that team didn't come down to the last game against a team that is tanking and had fans rooting for a TOTALLY MEANINGLESS game against the Jets B squad because they want to feel good Monday morning.

The Bills winning next Sunday will be like a 5 year old feeling good because dad let him win. By the time he's a teenager, he's sick of being patronized, by the time he's an adult, if dad still can beat him & is letting him win, he hates his dad. Please stop being the fan equivalent of a 5 year old.

Thats a red herring because the Bills CERTAINLY will pick higher than 13th or 11th this year, no matter WHAT happens next week.

This entire argument is based on NOTHING but looking at a possible future scenario based on data forumated through the prism of hindsight of the past. Its moronic. Do you know how many starters, all pros and all time great were drafted AFTER the 4th or 5th pick in the draft? Pretty much ALL of them.

So once a team is out of the playoffs they should tank every game they play in order to improve their draft position. The Bills just wasted their time winning any games at all once they started with eight losses.

This kind of thinking makes me sick. It is the definition of a loser attitude.

I'm sorry you froze your ass off in the stands watching that game, but you are perfectly free to find another team to root for. Try the Pats. Think how much more fun you would have had if you had been rooting for them.