Thanks Mr Salvatore

Bufcomments

Thank you Mr Salvatore. God bless Ya.

Now everybody will see the Bills upset the Patsies.

That's right the Bills will win. I called the Jets game in NYC this year, my only pick of last year.

This year my extra Christmas special pick is Bills 31- Pats 30.

Remember where u read it first :).

Go Bills.

Big D

That's right the Bills will win. I called the Jets game in NYC this year, my only pick of last year.

Go Bills.

Big D

Russell Salvatore is a guy who consistantly steps up to the plate for Western New York!

Go Bills.

Big D

I think we need another Diehard prediction to go with this one.

I would like little more than to see the Bills pull off the upset...you never know.

When I was in Niagara Falls, Salvatore's was always kind of a joke. The gaudy statues probably contributed to that. It was also a place where big over-done wedding receptions were held. But I finally went to dinner there one night, and it wasn't too bad. Much better than I expected it to be.

Later on I met Salvatore a couple of times and he was a gracious and impressive man. He also had a great deal at his Garden Place Hotel. A room, dinner and Bills tickets (including transportation) for a very reasonable price.

From what little I know, it seems like he got screwed by his son (sons?) and I felt bad for the old guy. Then he opens his steak house, and by all accounts, it is fantastic. I know of several people who swear by the place.

He has been generous to the people of Buffalo and Bills fans for years. So, I apologize to Mr. Salvatore for my early impressions (which came from no base of knowledge). He's a real class act.

Just make sure you go to Russ's new place - Russell's Steaks, Chops, & More (and Salvatore's Grand Hotel) - over at Transit near Wherle, and not the tired, old, overdone place (Salvatore's Italian Gardens or the Garden Place Hotel) that his ingrate kid Joe took over!

(I'd hate to see Joe's place get any additional benefit from his dad's latest largess!)

Thanks, Russ! :thumbsup:

I will if I'm in the area. Besides, by all accounts I have heard the food there is supposed to be excellent.

My Wife and I eat there often, my company has all of our out of town visitors stay at his hotel and Russ and his crew have hosted out Christmas party the past 3 years. He runs a class establishment with great food. He is as much a local Icon as any sports hero.

Thanks Russ!

http://www.salvatoresgrand.com/

I was glad to find out it was a Buffalo restraunteur (?is that even a word? if it is I'm sure it is misspelled)and not the Rochester Pizza place. Not that I mind their pizza but there are others I prefer and would have felt obligated to eat only theirs for at least a year.

Good man Russ. And to think I actually thought Mr. Wilson would have been the guy to give a gift to the fans after such a shitey season.

Actually, I don't think it was such a shitey season...oh, a few shitey games perhaps, one in particular since our BYE. Either I've lowered my standards, or this team became entertaining. I think it's the latter, & I'm really looking forward to next year. And Merry Christmas everyone!