Star Quality or blue collar?

Stevie Johnson has been a pleasant surprise, but he will never be the next Brandon Marshall or Calvin Johnson, as he has neither the size or speed to dominate in the NFL. He just makes plays! Is this enough, or will the Bills need to find a Dynamic threat at wide out down the road, so they can slide Stevie back to #2? What do you think?

Stevie Johnson has been a pleasant surprise, but he will never be the next Brandon Marshall or Calvin Johnson, as he has neither the size or speed to dominate in the NFL. He just makes plays! Is this enough, or will the Bills need to find a Dynamic threat at wide out down the road, so they can slide Stevie back to #2? What do you think?

Why not? He has clearly outperformed Marshall , and Johnson only has 125 yrds and 2 touchdowns more than him. I think he has all the tools to become a star wide receiver. Stars in the NFL are playmakers , and thats pretty much all Stevie Johnson has done this year, which is make plays.

Ever hear of a 5'9" guy called Steve Smith with the Carolina Panthers?

Ever hear of a 5'9" guy called Steve Smith with the Carolina Panthers?

Being in Carolina it is easy to follow the Panthers. For as much as people love Smith a lot of people cannot stand him. One of the reasons Delhomme is out is that he would constantly sling it long to Smith. Most of the time Smith would get it and have a huge play, other times an incomplete and often times an INT. A WR similar to Smith is not what the Bills need. Not in ability or attitude.

No offense but I don't get this logic. Johnson is outperforming Marshall and is slightly behind Calvin. He has an uncanny ability to get open (a very subtle skill good receivers have).

No offense but I don't get this logic. Johnson is outperforming Marshall and is slightly behind Calvin. He has an uncanny ability to get open (a very subtle skill good receivers have).

Thing is he has done it for 10 games, not multiple seasons. It'll be interesting if teams figure him out or not in the offseason. Unlike those guys, he will have to bust his butt to get better every day, to find and fix his weaknesses and exploit other peoples.he won't be able to run past people, he won't be able to jump over them. It'll be a telling offseason.

Being in Carolina it is easy to follow the Panthers. For as much as people love Smith a lot of people cannot stand him. One of the reasons Delhomme is out is that he would constantly sling it long to Smith. Most of the time Smith would get it and have a huge play, other times an incomplete and often times an INT. A WR similar to Smith is not what the Bills need. Not in ability or attitude.

I hear ya but my point is you don't need to be the biggest and fastest guy to be the star receiver of an NFL team. Sure those attributes provide an advantage but athleticism and attitude can more than make up for Stevies shortcomings ( pun intended) .

Wes Welker is smaller and slower than Stevie, and he's put up some pretty good numbers. Some would say he dominates in the NFL. Certainly he dominates for what he does. No way does he have "Star Quality".

What about a guy like Hines Ward? In his prime, there are few players I would rather have on my team. Star Quality? Hardly. Blue collar all the way. Terrific production, and that's not counting the stuff that doesn't show up in his stats.

For the most part this is a fairly useless question, I think. As far as I am concerned, WRs do not dominate, unless they have a QB that throws them the ball.

Most of you people who try to tell everyone else what makes a great receiver can't even catch a cold

It doesn't take athletic ability for someone to know of what they speak. I don't think that Bill Walsh or any other offensive genius you care to name would make much of a WR. Think Chan can go deep?

It's called David Nelson, plus Easly has the speed. We don't need any WRs this year and are just fine with what we have.

Thing is he has done it for 10 games, not multiple seasons. It'll be interesting if teams figure him out or not in the offseason. Unlike those guys, he will have to bust his butt to get better every day, to find and fix his weaknesses and exploit other peoples.he won't be able to run past people, he won't be able to jump over them. It'll be a telling offseason.

If you think that every wide receiver in the league doesn't need to bust their butt's in order to get better weak in weak out, you need to turn off Madden.