Belichick talks about bills again

dailar

Doesn;t that idiot know the man's name is "Fitzgibbons"?

A piss-poor job of sports jounalism

I agree with the "grow up" part

I used to get all emotional and "hate" certain players and certain teams, but it's just a football game. I want my Bills to win, but I also respect other players and other teams UNLESS....

1. They make complete asses of themselves after making a big play

2. They wear their helmets so loose that they fall off all the time

Other than that, these players are guys with families and their fans are people too (except maybe about 82% of Cowboy fans are not human and 82% of Miami fans are fruits)

Speaking of helmets coming off, didn't Benedict Smerlas pull off his helmet and try to block a pass once?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belichick talks up a lot of teams he is about to play. He's one of the few coaches/players to know two pretty obvious things:

1. If you show respect for a team before playing them they are more likely to let their guard down going into the game

2. If you talk trash about a team about how bad they are and that you are going to whoop them they are more motivated to bring their A game and kick your butt and make you look foolish.

He went to Boston College and he grew up in the area. Grow up.

I know where he grew up and what college he went to. That has nothing to do with it so you grow up and come up with something constructive.

I have met Freddy numerous times and I have good reasons for my opinions. Knock off the cheap shots.

Doesn;t that idiot know the man's name is "Fitzgibbons"?

A piss-poor job of sports jounalism

I agree with the "grow up" part

I used to get all emotional and "hate" certain players and certain teams, but it's just a football game. I want my Bills to win, but I also respect other players and other teams UNLESS....

1. They make complete asses of themselves after making a big play

2. They wear their helmets so loose that they fall off all the time

Other than that, these players are guys with families and their fans are people too (except maybe about 82% of Cowboy fans are not human and 82% of Miami fans are fruits)

Who said I hate Fred Smerlas? Glad to see you "grew up" and stopped "hating" players and teams.

By the way, this just in, Fred Smerlas played most of his career for the Buffalo Bills.

Looks like Bill thinks he has to plan for Roscoe.

I don't see why the hate for Fred. If we had kept him a few more years, alongside Bruce, we might have won a superbowl.

Not a Fred Fan today but he was a good football player and I agree that he could have made a difference for us playing in SB XXV against the Giants.

Never Billieve anything that Belicheat has to say he is a big mind game player.

The pats don't have much to play for this week they have the division and home field, but who knows what can happen A Christmas gift for Bills fans would be if the Bills just crushed the Pats 31-7 like the last time we beat them 7 years ago.

GO BILLS !

Typical stuff. Blah, blah...

The pats don't have much to play for this week they have the division and home field, but who knows what can happen A Christmas gift for Bills fans would be if the Bills just crushed the Pats 31-7 like the last time we beat them 7 years ago.

GO BILLS !

31-0.

GO BILLS !

The Patriots have neither clinched the division nor home field advantage. If the Pats lose to both the Bills and Dolphins and the Jets beat the Bears and the Bills then the Jets win the division and home field would probably go to tie breakers between the Jets and whoever wins the AFC north.

I think that our team couldn't care less about what an opposing coach say about them good or bad. This just feels like a team that cares only about beating you. What they see is a Patriot team that's beatable. While they may be better right now, they're not so good that they think it's out of reach. They no doubt think that they'll win this game if they give it their best shot. This is a team full of players that were counted out and never gave up, the Patriots are not scary to them at all. Not making a roster and having to go do real work is what's scary to them.

Thanks for the link! The segment where he talked Xs and Os about the Packers game was very interesting. I guess he relaxed a bit with it being a non-conference game that's already in their rearview mirror.

The Bills segment was Belichick's usual ultra-bland, bulletin-board-proof, roster recital that I'm sure we'll hear more of at the Wed. press party.

My favorite Belichick coachspeak was when we were playing them a couple years ago, and he included in our list of "potent receiving threats" Justin Jenkins. C'mon, Bill, don't just read the names in the media guide and say you're worrying about them.

It gets kind of comical listening the him and watching his facial expressions, if you've seen his routine on video. Guess no reporter has responded, 'Come on Bill, your team has beaten these guys what? 21 of the last 22 games or something like that? You're leading the conference and while they've won 4 of 6 their still a 4-10 team You can't seriously expect to come in here and leave with a loss'.

Much of what he says about the opponent is also meant for his team. Because the true champion never takes any opponent lightly. Your mindset needs to be that you're always playing from behind, you're the underdog and complacency plus overconfidence, along with conceit are a fatal combination of traits to avoid.

Yep. Bill B. knows his team has 10 or 15 ways to exploit the weaknesses of the Bills on Sunday. He's just going through the game week motions. Make nice, make nice, crush the opponent, then make nice, make nice. This game will be very hard on the home town fans to watch. Likely a bloodbath of points. Two teams in different leagues. Pats 45, Bills 20 or something similar. Tom Brady is not Jake Delhomme or Chad Henne. He will likely shred the Bills' bad defense like no one has to this point. If he can put up 40+ on the Bears in the worst weather, bad weather at the Ralph on Sunday won't matter either.

I agree with you there it is going to be a very difficult game to watch, and even worse to play in. Playing the cheatriots is not like playing the fish, the browns or the rest of the bottom feeders. They are going to ruin our day, and like every other game we've played against them, they will rub our nose in it and make it ugly, to the point of embarassment.

This is classic Belichick, but he doesn't do this to make himself look better (though I'm sure he doesn't mind that part of it). He does this so that he doesn't give the media anything to talk about or any fuel for the other team to be any more motivated.

I completely agree with you. He doesn't do it to stroke his already huge ego; he does it to keep the media at bay and not recognized for the bully he is. His behavior toward the Bills is reminiscent of Don Shula and the fish during the 70's. Nobody dared mention how unsportsmanlike Shula was, and they same goes with Bellicheat. He is a damn good coach, no question, but his ego is so big, it sucks the air out of the superdome.

The 'host' is 'Benedict' Smerlas.

Doesn't surprise me Bellichek knows us very well. I wish he didn't.

Benedict Smerlas sounds like such an azz. What a waste of space on the Bills WoF.

Have I mentioned lately how much I despise Fred Smerlas? He is a world class POS. The mofo shouldn't be allowed back to WNY.

Fred was one of my favorite players, all hail 76 :worthy:

Makes sense, considering your other posts.

Fred was a 10 year Bill, 5 times in pro bowl, blocked the field goal against the Jets that ended a decade of bad karma and that brought the Bills back to the playoff.

We let him go in 1989, and he played for San Fran and the Pats for 3 more years. Yes, I think we let him go a couple of years too soon. After being there for the rebuilding years, it would have been nice for him to play in one of the super bowls. And don't you think our D line would have done better against OJ Anderson with Freddie in the middle? I think Fred was let go due to his big mouth not his play. And I can see why he has ill will towards the Bills to this day.

Maybe we need to put the "Bermuda triangle" up on the wall of fame to set things straight, and get some of that Smerlas Karma back.

I agree, Bilicheat has coach speak down to a science. Everything is calculated with this guy.