Anybody feel like owning up...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't make any specific predictions regarding how many wins the Bills would have but knew that this year was going to be brutal. I had no idea they would be as bad as they were in the first half of the season, so seeing them come on strong in the second half has been a very pleasant surprise.

However, I have to disagree with a previous poster, I don't think Fitz is the long-term answer. Make no mistake, he's better than advertised and he's done a remarkable job given what the circumstances have been AND I give him most the credit for the O-line not looking as porous as they did last year. Having said that, he had no business making a few of the throws he made. Not because he's not talented or confident but because they were textbook examples of bad decision making. The TD to Nelson was a terrible decision and IF Dansby had been watching Fitz instead of Nelson, there probably would have been an INT and we would be flaming away at such a bad decision. And then the catch to Roosevelt, great job by Roosevelt who also looks like he can play and we haven't even seen Easely yet, but that was another bad decision. And then of course there was the INT....in other words, he's certainly better than most of us thought and he can hold the reins for this year and probably next, but to say that he's the QB of the future would be a mistake. Even though Chan seems to hold Fitz in high regard, I think Fitz is just a stop-gap, despite what Chan has said recently.

We could EASILY get to 10-6 next year with Fitzy if they make the right moves in the offseaso.....

- Generate a pass rush without blitzing all the time

- Get a TE on the field that can both block and catch

- Get a RT on the field that creates a discussion of who is better on the right or left side

Do that and we can get to a wild card next year

As one of the dozens of folks around here who were insisting that the team would go winless this season after starting 0-8? I don't remember any specific names, but I can't count the amount of times I saw, "Look at the schedule and tell me which game they're going to win".

I, for one, am a proud fan of the 4-10 BUFFALO BILLS...I say bring on 2011. We'll be ready.

I am one of the many who said they would win 2-4 games, but I don't remember anyone in particular saying they would go winless.

I disagree. Fitzpatrick is not going to singlehandedly lead a team to the playoffs, like some of the best QBs in the NFL can. But if the team around him is above average, he is certainly good enough to guide them to 10-6 or 11-5. I really believe that.

There is not a QB that singlehandedly leads a team to the playoffs. There are QB's whose teams wouldn't be playoff teams without them, but that is different that leading them singlehandedly.

Fitz is a good QB, and I think he could be great. I don't think Chan cares about drafting "his guy," and I don't think anybody that has watched the games and seen the things Fitz has done would bench him and put a rookie out there. Fitz is young, he's smart, he's shown he can improve...you are looking at the QB of the Buffalo Bills. There will always be an argument, because people will never be happy, but an argument to replace Fitz is weak.

As one of the dozens of folks around here who were insisting that the team would go winless this season after starting 0-8? I don't remember any specific names, but I can't count the amount of times I saw, "Look at the schedule and tell me which game they're going to win".

I, for one, am a proud fan of the 4-10 BUFFALO BILLS...I say bring on 2011. We'll be ready.

LOL. This is both a pathetic post and one that, for some reason, I understand. Bills fans are all excited because we've beaten Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Miami. There really isn't a good team in that bunch. It's pathetic. Bills fans now have such low standards, it's just pitiful.

On the other hand, I totally agree with you. This team is totally fun to root for, and I can't wait for the offseason to see if we can acquire some help to move forward next year. I guess if we want to spin things, we are 4-2 in our last six!

:thumbsup:

Edited by Lv-Bills

Sure, I'll own up.

But this isn't the same team that it was eight weeks ago, either.

Fitz is a nice story this year. But reading every post in this thread even his supporters are saying if he gets the right kind of help we can be a wild card team. Really? Have we sunk that low that we hope to one day squeak into the playoffs?

I still hope for greatness. To be great a team needs a great quarterback. Fitz is decent. I fully expect him to be the QB in 2011. But anyone thinking he's the long term answer is nuts.

Ohh yea, the Bills keep winning games and falling further back into the draft....

So with two weeks to go I have faith the Bills will keep winning games, and never fully realize what they have in Brian Brohm...is he a good / decent back up QB?...is he the potential QB of the future?

C'mon Bills, just keep falling outta a top ten potential spot for blue chip player...beat NE and the Jets so all the fans can say. ....I knew we would be a good team this year! ....6-10 ...yea baby!!!! We win games when it doesn't matter...oh yeah!

The Bill should have started Brian Brohm once the bills were eliminated from the playoffs, so they will know if he can actually play in this league. We all sure as heck know that Gailey doesn't have the ability to judge anyone in the off season or pre season after he starts Edwards and then cuts him , starts Cornell Green at RT

The funny thing is, people also thought the Dolphins were going to compete with the Jets and Pats for the AFC East. Some fellow Bills fans around here thought Miami would win the division. How silly must they feel now.

That would be me, Talley56. :bag:

That and after 0-8, I was wondering where a win was coming from.

I'm very proud of this team and how they never threw in the towel. I don't know what the carry over will be next year, but I sure as hell don't remember the last time I anticipated the next season as much as I do this next one.

Here's to giving the Pats* and the Jets fits over the next two weeks. :beer:

I predicted a 6 to 10 win season. I was quite wrong about that one. But I'm very pleased with how the team is finishing off the 2nd half of the season. Very promising indeed.

We'll find that out next week, won't we? As I recall, they competed with them earlier in the season. And while they're really rolling right now, I really think the Bills can compete with anyone right now. Not to say this game was a masterpiece, but they played according to their game plan--shut down the run and force Chad Henne to pass. It just so happened that Henne got hot today, but the situational game-planning really is impressive so far.

Henne has been awful, particularly lately. The Brady bunch present quite another challenge.

I was a Henne believer going into this year. I was wrong about that as well. I'm not closing the book on him yet, he's still young and has talent but he'll have something to prove next year in camp.

I prodicted 5-11 which will end up being spot on. However I predicted a 4-5 start then 1-6 finish so I will own up to the fact that I didn't expect a 5-3 finish.

This is amazing.

We get to knock the dolphins and NJ jets out of the playoffs!

Ohh yea, the Bills keep winning games and falling further back into the draft....

So with two weeks to go I have faith the Bills will keep winning games, and never fully realize what they have in Brian Brohm...is he a good / decent back up QB?...is he the potential QB of the future?

C'mon Bills, just keep falling outta a top ten potential spot for blue chip player...beat NE and the Jets so all the fans can say. ....I knew we would be a good team this year! ....6-10 ...yea baby!!!! We win games when it doesn't matter...oh yeah!

The Bill should have started Brian Brohm once the bills were eliminated from the playoffs, so they will know if he can actually play in this league. We all sure as heck know that Gailey doesn't have the ability to judge anyone in the off season or pre season after he starts Edwards and then cuts him , starts Cornell Green at RT

That's 3 strikes for you douche bag.

Given all the less than stellar posters on this board you will be the first and only person to make my ignore list.

I bid you farewell and wish you nothing but continued pain as the Bills' success seems to be something that causes you pain.

Brian Brohm????!! What a maroon!

I don't see any reason why Fitz can't be a SB winning QB if he's on a good team (which he presently is not). He has to improve on some things. But come on, he makes the kind of throws that when Tom Brady or Big Ben or Joe Flacco make, the announcers get giddy and say it was gutsy and he put it only where his guy can get it and he's a risk taker and nobody makes that pass except Brady blah blah blah. He throws a few squeakers, yeah, but so do all QBs. I even saw St. Tom throw a few tonight.

Think it takes a great QB playing great to win a SB? Think again. Big Ben won his first SB by his defense holding the opposition to 10 points. He handed off to Willie Parker for 70 yards or so and pitched it out to Randel El who threw a TD to Hiney. He won because he was on a good team. That's what we're lacking now. Build up the talent around Fitz and he can take us all the way. It's all opinion anyway, and that's mine.

He's got all the tools, he just needs more work and more talent around him.

23 TDs 11 Ints 4-2 in the last 6 games.