Official "squish the fish" game day thread

Just Jack

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

way to give them another chance to win it.

Please tell me you're not referring to the 3 Fred Jackson carries as that was exactly what they should have done.

And they never sat back in any type of prevent, in fact sending multiple corner blitzes in the last couple series.

Didn't realize the fins' kicker was 0 for 4 until the end of the game. I'm sure glad he picked today to stink up S. Fla.

They weren't terrible kicks; although I'm not sure that last one even made the crossbar. :huh:

Weird day...

You do realize his shortest attempt of the day was from 48 yards, right?

Too right, Wraith. Sparano basically tried three kicks (the first 48, and then the 53 and 61 yarders) that should have been punts, or were just throwaway attempts, especially with the wind today. That is not on the kicker.

You do realize his shortest attempt of the day was from 48 yards, right?

Agreed, they were all challenging kicks. That's not at issue. But it seems that 50-yard kicks are not that uncommon in the NFL these days. You'd think the law of probability would have given the fins at least one field goal.

Got a free trip to the game today and had a pretty good time. A few quick thoughts...

Miami is a really bad place to see a game. The fans are horrible. I'm not even sure most of them knew a game was going on. Two dudes playing hip hop were actually funneling bud and doing the electric slide... by themselves....WTF?!? Pretty decent amount of Bills fans, though.

It was really windy today. I don't know if they mentioned it during the game. But, maybe that's why the kicking games were so bad. Those FGs were definitely not gimmies in the wind.

Love the win over the fish and knocking them out. Fun stuff. Go Bills!