derek anderson

Although the OP seems to be posting this in an inflammatory way you can't just discount this thought out of hand.

You can look at Brett Favre in 2009 and Brett Favre in 2010.

Yes there can be a down year, but you can't swap QBs in and out like underwear.

The Bills have a good thing going and need to ride this for as long as it will take them, that means 2011.

However there is nothing wrong with contingency planning.

Depending on how the draft plays out, it would be horrible if there were a QB picked in the second or 3rd say Christian Ponder, (Because Cam Newton, Mallet will be gone in the first and Luck will be in Stanford.)

On the other hand there are so many needs on the team . . .

Edited by Why So Serious?

Yeah, except before D.Anderson's wonder year in Cleveland he had a grand total of 3 starts in 5 games.

Before this season Fitz had 23 starts in 29 games.

He said on Rome yesterday that he feels as though he's been improving year to year, game to game, and that he's experiencing a big jump this year due in large part to Gailey's understanding of offense.

Again, compare Gailey's know-how to the guru's Anderson had in Cleveland (Romeo Crennel and OC Rob Chudzinski)and I think it's high time THE FITZ/ANDERSON COMPARISONS STOP!

I'm as sick of our perpetual rebulding as anyone else. When our recent QBs haven't panned out it looks like we'll have to find another and wait 2-3 years to see if they work out, then rinse and repeat when they don't.

I think right now, while we have a serviceable QB, is exactly when we should be loking for our franchise QB. I'd normally espouse firming up the o-line first, but Fitzpatrick, while he's taking shots, really isn't getting killed back there. The Bills have allowed 26 sacks, 7 of which were on Edwards. Let's find a solid franchise prospect and start investing in their development.

As far as D Anderson goes, I dont know what happened. He looks horrible, depressed.

Remember d. anderson big year in cleveland? What happen after he signed that big contract? he bacame a garbage qb. We still need to draft a qb just in case fitz= d. anderson.

The browns had a very easy schedule.

But lets also remember they drafted a 1st round QB who sucked.

So there are 2 great examples on the Browns. Yeah, Anderson was a 1 hit wonder, but their 1st round pick also sucked. So pick your poison.

Plus Fitz is under contract for another year, we dont have to pay him now like the Brown had to with Anderson.

Fitz is still signed through 2011. The Bills don't need to do anything with his contract until about midway through next season (if there is one).

Good plan if you want to ensure that the player leaves, or you pay them the most money possible.

If you actually want to keep the player you renegotiate the deal in the offseason leading up to the last year of their contract. That would be 90 days from now, March 2011.

Remember d. anderson big year in cleveland? What happen after he signed that big contract? he bacame a garbage qb. We still need to draft a qb just in case fitz= d. anderson.

He is a garbage QB and always has been- just like I said last summer......

The browns had a very easy schedule.

But lets also remember they drafted a 1st round QB who sucked.

So there are 2 great examples on the Browns. Yeah, Anderson was a 1 hit wonder, but their 1st round pick also sucked. So pick your poison.

Plus Fitz is under contract for another year, we dont have to pay him now like the Brown had to with Anderson.

The Browns have had one of the most difficult schedules in the league. They also finally seemed to have found their QB in Colt McCoy.

Edited by Adam

He is a garbage QB and always has been- just like I said last summer......

The Browns have had one of the most difficult schedules in the league. They also finally seemed to have found their QB in Colt McCoy.

No they didnt. Maybe before the year. The 2007 Browns played 3 teams with winning records, the Bills will play 12 teams with winning record. It also is no surprise that the 2007 Browns lost all those games.

Maybe you were talking about the 2010 Browns schedule, the 2007 browns had a very easy schedule. Fitz is putting up decent numbers vs a tough schedule.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

You could make the same statement about every player/position on offense or defense.

I doubt Brohm will be here next year. Fitz/Levi/draft or trade QB.

Even if Fitzy is having one of those werid years and is a one year wonder I still dont see a reason to draft a QB in round one. None at all. Gailey can win if his qb has a set of balls he doesnt need a high propect just for the sake of having one.

Im not sold on Newton. One year wonder in college? What about Luck? Maybe? Locker? hes awful....Mallet?

Im not sold on any of those guys. I just dont see the point of taking one of those guys. Remember last year Bradford, Tebow, Mccoy, Lefevor and Pike were all going to go in rounds 1-2? Clausen was the most pro ready and we were dumb to pass on him?

Alot of attention is going to the play of fitzpatrick by some notable pundits who have torn us a new one the past few years.

Just because Fitzy wasnt that first rounder doesnt mean he cant play at this level. He is a second tier QB witht the likes of Schaub and Flacco. If we dump Fitzy you can beat a lot of teams would take him over their starter.

Alex Smith?

Hasselbeck?

Derek Anderson?

Kyle Orton?

Chad Henne?

Clausen?

McNabb?

We finally have some who can play the QB at a high level, is a leader and is 27! Why are we trying to get rid of him?

Even if Fitzy is having one of those werid years and is a one year wonder I still dont see a reason to draft a QB in round one. None at all. Gailey can win if his qb has a set of balls he doesnt need a high propect just for the sake of having one.

Im not sold on Newton. One year wonder in college? What about Luck? Maybe? Locker? hes awful....Mallet?

Im not sold on any of those guys. I just dont see the point of taking one of those guys. Remember last year Bradford, Tebow, Mccoy, Lefevor and Pike were all going to go in rounds 1-2? Clausen was the most pro ready and we were dumb to pass on him?

Alot of attention is going to the play of fitzpatrick by some notable pundits who have torn us a new one the past few years.

Just because Fitzy wasnt that first rounder doesnt mean he cant play at this level. He is a second tier QB witht the likes of Schaub and Flacco. If we dump Fitzy you can beat a lot of teams would take him over their starter.

Alex Smith?

Hasselbeck?

Derek Anderson?

Kyle Orton?

Chad Henne?

Clausen?

McNabb?

We finally have some who can play the QB at a high level, is a leader and is 27! Why are we trying to get rid of him?

I'd take Mallet in a heartbeat. He's going to be another Roethlessberger, or however you spell his goddam name.