Palin hunting Caribou

....lybob

well i certainly understand using the guides gun but couldn't they/she have gone to the trouble of learning how to use it? even from a safety perpective, that's just lazy and dangerous. something about prominent national republicans and guns that scares the !@#$ out of me. but , once again, just think, if cheney was there, it might have changed world history. btw, john kerry looks like he can handle a shotgun pretty well. does anybody else find all of this ironic?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/menu/fstack/can_i_get_me_a_hunting_license_here.guest.html

Funny stuff. Click the audio link and skip ahead to 2 min 50 sec. Vintage John F'n Kerry.

Edited by Rob's House

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

birdog,

You obviously didn't watch the show. They had to get flown out to where they set up camp. Then they walked about 4 miles to where the caribou were. There was nothing around for miles and miles.

What point? That you have never been hunting in your life? I never questioned that. Shame i don't now what vidio is. Is that like I don't know what vidio is?

man...just one more example of a narrow mind reaching an erroneous conclusion based on incomplete data. never been big game hunting and not sure i want to. i bird hunt (pheasant, quail , dove, goose and even wild turkey once) and while it's not an every weekend hobby for me either, i guarantee i can outshoot palin at skeet or sporting clays, even with someone elses gun. i'd wager there are few that couldn't.

no. he sounds like a knowledgeable sportsman who was as kind as possible in his assessment of palin's skills or lack thereof. his concern with hunting safety is the only responsible position to take. another thought about this farce of a hunt occurred to me: it was very likely that ole sarah wouldn't make a kill shot and the animal would limp off wounded. why wasn't someone else at the ready to finish the kill?

Maybe she was the only one with a tag. Unless it's dangerous game (bear) the person with the tag is the only one allowed to shoot it.

Shooting at the horizon is unsafe, however the video is not long enough to know how they got to be where they were.

I would susoect they spotted that caribou from some high ground and then stalked to within shooting distance, 200-300 yards, so they would know the lay of the land and wether or not it was safe to shoot that direction.

it was obvious to me her gun was off, I would have switched after the first two misses. She may have felt it was her excitment, but she managed to kill it with one shot from the other gun.

man...just one more example of a narrow mind reaching an erroneous conclusion based on incomplete data. never been big game hunting and not sure i want to. i bird hunt (pheasant, quail , dove, goose and even wild turkey once) and while it's not an every weekend hobby for me either, i guarantee i can outshoot palin at skeet or sporting clays, even with someone elses gun. i'd wager there are few that couldn't.

You don't seem to understand I HAVE SHOT CARIBOU IN THE SAME AREA AND CAN SEE WHAT WAS HAPPENING. The first gun was not sighted in.

Maybe it got dropped. Lets see some of your hunting videos.

1. Thanks for the answer to my question "Caribou deaf or stupid" apparently the answer is stupid.

2. It's amazing what people project given that I used a video with zero commentary and only asked the question "OK for real can you shoot at Caribou 6 or 7 times without them running away?"

3. I love the Palin eye Camera that gave the Caribou through the scoop scene.

1. Thanks for the answer to my question "Caribou deaf or stupid" apparently the answer is stupid.

2. It's amazing what people project given that I used a video with zero commentary and only asked the question "OK for real can you shoot at Caribou 6 or 7 times without them running away?"

3. I love the Palin eye Camera that gave the Caribou through the scoop scene.

Why would you post it if it was not Palin?

You don't seem to understand I HAVE SHOT CARIBOU IN THE SAME AREA AND CAN SEE WHAT WAS HAPPENING. The first gun was not sighted in.

Maybe it got dropped. Lets see some of your hunting videos.

i fully understood your implication that you feel that you are somewhat of an expert...so, explain: how does she not know how to work a gun if she's an avid hunter? how many self respecting hunters do you know that would let someone else chamber or eject a spent shell for them, especially on video. even if it's your father doing it, most teenagers would be embarrassed by this. and no, i don't have any videos. i really don't think having a video camera around on a trip would add to the experience.

i fully understood your implication that you feel that you are somewhat of an expert...so, explain: how does she not know how to work a gun if she's an avid hunter? how many self respecting hunters do you know that would let someone else chamber or eject a spent shell for them, especially on video. even if it's your father doing it, most teenagers would be embarrassed by this. and no, i don't have any videos. i really don't think having a video camera around on a trip would add to the experience.

OK you hate Palin. I get it. Maybe her regular gun is a semi auto,I don't know. Who cares?

OK you hate Palin. I get it. Maybe her regular gun is a semi auto,I don't know. Who cares?

Not me, I hope she wins the Republican party nomination, and I hope Howard Dean wins the Democratic party nomination - then I hope Ron Paul sneaks in as an Independent and steals the Presidency.

Not me, I hope she wins the Republican party nomination, and I hope Howard Dean wins the Democratic party nomination - then I hope Ron Paul sneaks in as an Independent and steals the Presidency.

I'm just trying to wrap my mind around the idea that you and I support the same guy. Strangely enough, I think we're the majority if enough people thought he had a legit shot at it.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/menu/fstack/can_i_get_me_a_hunting_license_here.guest.html

Funny stuff. Click the audio link and skip ahead to 2 min 50 sec. Vintage John F'n Kerry.

finally able to bring myself to listen/read this jerk's bull (i have a hard time taking a faux macho poseur, who needs a mirror to wash his balls and a blue pill to perform on vacation, seriously). so what has he shown? that conservatives commentators engage in more crude and overt class warfare than any liberal would ever dream of? that borrowing something that you really won't need very often is stupid? that slipping into the dialect of the area that you're in is dishonest (speech pathologists will tell you that this is quite common and is probably natural and adaptive behavior)? this is much ado about nothing and in no way minimizes the impression that kerry looked pretty comfortable with a shotgun in his hands unlike palin and her poorly sighted rifle.

Edited by birdog1960