Palin hunting Caribou

....lybob

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They drugged them, just to make her look good.

Is that what you want to hear?

Did you see the lefturds up in arms about "Sarah Palin's hairstylist" who accompanied here to Haiti?

"How vain can she be???!!!??" the lefturds screamed!

Turns out it was.....BRISTOL PALIN, who just happend to get caught on camera fixing Sarah's hair before she spoke at some event or something. :doh:

Edited by RkFast

youtube.com/watch?v=HW0Xx4DXkYk

OK for real can you shoot at Caribou 6 or 7 without them running away?

It's Alaska, about 1/3 the size of the lower 48. These caribou have probably never seen a human before. Superimpose Alaska on the lower 48 - the panhandle is by upper Florida, Pt. Barrow is up in ND, and the Aleutian chain stretches to California.

I think he wanted to hear whether or not caribou were easy hunting. Planning a trip to Alaska, Bob?

I got to say Alaska looks beautiful- I took a whale watch cruise that went from Seattle to Vancouver then up to Alaska following the inside passage unfortunately I never set foot on Alaskan soil because after Vancouver I caught something that made me sick as a dog-but now after reading some of Jim in Anchorage posts I think it was just some sort of anti-progressive force field that kept me at bay.

I got to say Alaska looks beautiful- I took a whale watch cruise that went from Seattle to Vancouver then up to Alaska following the inside passage unfortunately I never set foot on Alaskan soil because after Vancouver I caught something that made me sick as a dog-but now after reading some of Jim in Anchorage posts I think it was just some sort of anti-progressive force field that kept me at bay.

Good it worked. You just stay in Vancouver. I think you would enjoy the drop out culture there.

By the way the video was pathetic. The guide was working the bolt on her gun?[Which apparently was never sighted in]

Good it worked. You just stay in Vancouver. I think you would enjoy the drop out culture there.

By the way the video was pathetic. The guide was working the bolt on her gun?[Which apparently was never sighted in]

yup. can't chamber or eject a shell without his help. they probably editted out the part where he takes off the safety for her (and i'll bet it WAS sighted). where's dick cheney when you need him? reminds me of fishing with a little kid when you hook one for them and let them reel the fish in.

yup. can't chamber or eject a shell without his help. they probably editted out the part where he takes off the safety for her (and i'll bet it WAS sighted). where's dick cheney when you need him? reminds me of fishing with a little kid when you hook one for them and let them reel the fish in.

That's the kind of "hunting" a lot of people that make special trips to places like Alaska do.

With the amount of money you are paying to get there, get licensed and shoot at something, you definitely want to be bringing something home.

Now, most people can actually work a gun, but those guides are paid to make sure you have a successful hunt. And if you don't happen to own a .300 Win Mag or something similar (not everyone here is Jack O'Connor), or want to transport your own firearms, then those guides will be more than happy to provide you with one.

Is it realistic? It's a reality TV show. The answer should be obvious.

Is it that far from the truth? There's a lot of money spent on big game hunting in certain places. Guided hunts are there for a reason and might not be all that different to what was in the video.

That's the kind of "hunting" a lot of people that make special trips to places like Alaska do.

With the amount of money you are paying to get there, get licensed and shoot at something, you definitely want to be bringing something home.

Now, most people can actually work a gun, but those guides are paid to make sure you have a successful hunt. And if you don't happen to own a .300 Win Mag or something similar (not everyone here is Jack O'Connor), or want to transport your own firearms, then those guides will be more than happy to provide you with one.

Is it realistic? It's a reality TV show. The answer should be obvious.

Is it that far from the truth? There's a lot of money spent on big game hunting in certain places. Guided hunts are there for a reason and might not be all that different to what was in the video.

well i certainly understand using the guides gun but couldn't they/she have gone to the trouble of learning how to use it? even from a safety perpective, that's just lazy and dangerous. something about prominent national republicans and guns that scares the !@#$ out of me. but , once again, just think, if cheney was there, it might have changed world history. btw, john kerry looks like he can handle a shotgun pretty well. does anybody else find all of this ironic?

Edited by birdog1960

well i certainly understand using the guides gun but couldn't they/she have gone to the trouble of learning how to use it? even from a safety perpective, that's just lazy and dangerous. something about prominent national republicans and guns that scares the !@#$ out of me. but , once again, just think, if cheney was there, it might have changed world history. btw, john kerry looks like he can handle a shotgun pretty well. does anybody else find all of this ironic?

It's called buck fever it's why you hunt. You get excited at the shot. Some get over it, some do not.

I would not trust Kerry to dispatch a aggressive cockroach.

It's called buck fever it's why you hunt. You get excited at the shot. Some get over it, some do not.

I would not trust Kerry to dispatch a aggressive cockroach.

um, shooting a hunting dog (who actually might get in the line of fire) in the face is not excusable because of buck fever or bird fever much less shooting a hunting companion. palin suffers less from buck fever than she does from total incompetence.

shhh whisper whisper whisper BANG! whisper whisper whisper BANG! WHISPER WHISPER WHISPER BANG! what the #$@& BANG! BANG! try this gun BANG! BANG!- awww forget we'll use CGI

Re: noise...African game, at least, doesn't seem bothered by gunshots. They just don't recognize it as a threat (like they mistake it for thunder or something). They will, however, recognize a human voice as odd and potentially threatening. I wouldn't be surprised if the same held for Alaskan game.

OK for real can you shoot at Caribou 6 or 7 without them running away?

Considering most of us know that Lybob is practically incapable of original thought:

On the fourth episode of “Sarah Palin’s Alaska,” Palin, her father Chuck Heath and a family friend headed above the Arctic Circle to go caribou hunting.

It took Palin a few shots to hit a caribou and since that clip aired, Palin naysayers have been having a field day over whether she’s a bad shot, while Palin supporters have jumped to her defense, pointing out that the gun she was using at first was off.

POLITICO spoke to Nick Seifert, a sportsman and conservation advocate who hosted the “Straight Shooting” segment of “American Gun Dog” for five seasons and had a 12-year career with Field & Stream and Outdoor Life magazines, about Palin’s skills as a hunter.

“Technically, it wasn’t perfect, but to me it seemed honest. Unlike a lot of shows that cut everything out, that was a fairly honest hunt,” said Seifert.

As for what was technically off, Seifert said Palin “shot a lot of times, it’s hard to say what kind of shot she is.” But Seifert noted that Palin “had a good rest, she was calm and she squeezed the trigger.”

“That’s the hardest part,” he said, “to calm yourself down when you are going to kill a big game animal. She did a good job there.”

On how often Palin hunts, Seifert said that she struck him as the kind of person who does not hunt every weekend: “She has probably hunted big game a number of times. She probably hunts once a year or every couple years.”

Palin also took heat for the questions she asked her father about the gun kicking and when to shoot, but Seifert said that he has heard experienced hunters ask similar questions. “You don’t want to injure the animal,” he said.

Another big criticism of Palin’s hunt was that the caribou did not move when she shot, even though she missed a few times. Could it have been an editing room trick or did that caribou really stand there? “That was a young caribou. I hate to say it, but caribou are some of the dumbest animals,” said Seifert.

Seifert also watched the video of Palin and her father and friend packing up the meat to take back to Wasilla. He explained that “In Alaska, you have to take all edible portions of the animal. When they take the rib meat out, it is above and beyond what most hunters do. I give them credit for that, they did that correctly.”

Seifert’s biggest criticism of the Palin hunt: “She shot when the animal was on the horizon. … You need to know where your backstop is. The bullet could go a little bit further. It’s not like they’re going to hit a house, but by the strictest rule, that’s something you shouldn’t do.”

Seifert’s conclusion? “It seemed realistic to me, and I’m a pretty harsh critic of that because I see a lot of unrealistic stuff out there on hunting channels. I thought it was an honest hunt and I thought there are a lot of people out there who would like to have that kind of time with their dad.”

In other words, bob's "observation" was basically an observation made by another liberal Palin obsessionist, in which he parroted what he heard and decided to share it with us. Thanks original Bob

Considering most of us know that Lybob is practically incapable of original thought:

In other words, bob's "observation" was basically an observation made by another liberal Palin obsessionist, in which he parroted what he heard and decided to share it with us. Thanks original Bob

Caribou do not run when shot at.I have had to get up and yell at them to get them to move away from other caribou I just shot in front of their eyes. The sound of a gun means nothing to them.

Seifert’s biggest criticism of the Palin hunt: “She shot when the animal was on the horizon. … You need to know where your backstop is. The bullet could go a little bit further. It’s not like they’re going to hit a house, but by the strictest rule, that’s something you shouldn’t do.”

I take it Mr Seifert has never hunted in Alaska. He sounds like a Texas private lease type of guy, shooting whitails from a 8x8 heated tree stand.

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Caribou do not run when shot at.I have had to get up and yell at them to get them to move away from other caribou I just shot in front of their eyes. The sound of a gun means nothing to them.

I take it Mr Seifert has never hunted in Alaska. He sounds like a Texas private lease type of guy, shooting whitails from a 8x8 heated tree stand.

no. he sounds like a knowledgeable sportsman who was as kind as possible in his assessment of palin's skills or lack thereof. his concern with hunting safety is the only responsible position to take. another thought about this farce of a hunt occurred to me: it was very likely that ole sarah wouldn't make a kill shot and the animal would limp off wounded. why wasn't someone else at the ready to finish the kill?

no. he sounds like a knowledgeable sportsman who was as kind as possible in his assessment of palin's skills or lack thereof. his concern with hunting safety is the only responsible position to take. another thought about this farce of a hunt occurred to me: it was very likely that ole sarah wouldn't make a kill shot and the animal would limp off wounded. why wasn't someone else at the ready to finish the kill?

You need to stick with vidio games, or whatever it is you do.