Really getting sick of media and fans

zow2

It just seems to get more outta hand every week. I understand wanting Luck but please, it's not easy to win an NFL game. I personally WANT my team to win every week. It's a small joy in a cold gray winter. There's just no guarantee that getting years of high draft picks translates into winning or playoffs now (i.e. see Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland, etc...). I believe it's more realistic to go from 6-10 to 10-6 than go from 2-14 to 8-8. I don't want to be Carolina. They Stink and aren't even competitive in many of their games. Even Andrew Luck is not going to flip that around overnight.

I'm especially disappointed in media who continue to pound the "beating Cleveland" is irrelevant mantra. These are the same people that rip the team when they lose, but call it irrelevant (and harmful in the long term) when they win.

I don't know of any other city that roots for their team to lose like people/media in Buffalo?

I agree - to an extent. While Fitzpatrick may not be the answer, he has played good enought to win if we build a strong team around him. Think about it: what if Brohm or a 2008/09 drafted QB had the exact play that Fitz has had in 2010; everyone would be optimistic. But since he is not the sexy choice and doesn't meet the eye test then we must look to upgrade. Before the season started if you told a Bills fan we'd have a chance to draft the QB Locker we'd be jumping for joy; we may be able to get him in the 2nd round and let him develop!

My biggest concern with having high 1st round draft picks is the history of this franchise bombing on 1st round draft picks! If you draft a player, especially a QB high in the draft he better be a hit or it will set your franchise back a few years and we can't take that. Imagine drafting Luck and he begans to figure out defenses and play on a level equal to Fitz - 3 years from now! But back to the point, this team has done great in lower round picks and free agent pickups (Modrack may not be as bad as some is led to believe). But the misses in the 1st round has led me to believe that there must be higher powers driving these bad decisions.

It's the false illusion that they'll become a better team once they draft the best player available.

I'd love to know the percentages of top draft picks that actually help their team win right away. When a team is as bad as Carolina is (and the Bills were earlier this year), there are several holes that need to be fixed, so the #1 guy won't necessarily turn them around right away. A legit QB helps, but isn't always the answer.

I've said this ad nauseum, but I always want the Bills to win, even if it "hurts" their draft position. I'd love to see them win out and knock the Dolphins out of the playoffs, make the Patriots sweat things a little bit, and make the Jets sweat their playoff chances even more.

Edited by BuffaloWings

1) Any fan that wants the team to lose ......... is a LOSER.

2) The media ... reading a few headlines on TBD...

Dunkirk Observer reports: 'Even a Bills victory is painful to watch this year.'

I know Dunkirk is a podunk town buy jeeeeeze... They won a game MANY said they wouldn't.

It was a win for the "hometown team" - They are few this season so ENJOY it.

3) First roung picks are a gamble and oftern - do not pay off in their first season - or at all.

3a) the higer the pick the less the cost.

Who's more a value - CJ Spiller or Arthur Moats

It's the false illusion that they'll become a better team once they draft the best player available.

I'd love to know the percentages of top draft picks that actually help their team win right away. When a team is as bad as Carolina is (and the Bills were earlier this year), there are several holes that need to be fixed, so the #1 guy won't necessarily turn them around right away. A legit QB helps, but isn't always the answer.

I've said this ad nauseum, but I always want the Bills to win, even if it "hurts" their draft position. I'd love to see them win out and knock the Dolphins out of the playoffs, make the Patriots sweat things a little bit, and make the Jets sweat their playoff chances even more.

Sam Bradford and the Rams have a losing record and are in the bottom half of the league in offense.

Matt Stafford isn't looking at a championship ring with the Lions anytime soon.

Heck even golden boy Sanchez was the league's worst rated starter last year as they rode their running game and pass D through an easy finishing schedule. And they're still bottom third of the league in passing this year.

I'm not holding my breath on getting that top 5 pick to carry us to the Super Bowl.

Sam Bradford and the Rams have a losing record and are in the bottom half of the league in offense.

Matt Stafford isn't looking at a championship ring with the Lions anytime soon.

Heck even golden boy Sanchez was the league's worst rated starter last year as they rode their running game and pass D through an easy finishing schedule. And they're still bottom third of the league in passing this year.

I'm not holding my breath on getting that top 5 pick to carry us to the Super Bowl.

But at least the Rams are 6-7...light years ahead of their record after 13 games last year. To me, that's an immediate impact, stats be damned.

The Jets are winning (well, not lately) in spite of Sanchez. He loses confidence and the Jets go on a 3-game losing streak.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Lol. The Rams, by far the worst team in the NFL last year, are now in playoff position with 3 weeks to go. Sure, getting the #1 pick in the draft and getting a potentially elite QB didn't help them. Lol.

Bring on a 300 pounder to provide some small incremental improvement instead of trying to land a qb that will compete for championships for a decade. Rebuild to 7-9 - that's where we like it.

Lol. The Rams, by far the worst team in the NFL last year, are now in playoff position with 3 weeks to go. Sure, getting the #1 pick in the draft and getting a potentially elite QB didn't help them. Lol.

Yeah, and we would have been in the same spot if we had drafted a few players last year to sure up the D's front 7. No need to waste picks on a QB - we got that covered. Defense wins games my friend - lets sure up the D....

It's an absurdly stupid argument in the first place.

Think of it from the players' standpoint: it's in their interest to win. It's in their interest to not bring in a blue chip player that could take their job.

And everyone else, from Nix, to Gailey, right out down the line, their jobs are predicated on the team's success NOW.

Nobody has the will to lose. To expect anyone in the organization to take the "win-to-get-a-better-pick" scenario seriously is utterly preposterous.

It just seems to get more outta hand every week. I understand wanting Luck but please, it's not easy to win an NFL game. I personally WANT my team to win every week. It's a small joy in a cold gray winter. There's just no guarantee that getting years of high draft picks translates into winning or playoffs now (i.e. see Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland, etc...). I believe it's more realistic to go from 6-10 to 10-6 than go from 2-14 to 8-8. I don't want to be Carolina. They Stink and aren't even competitive in many of their games. Even Andrew Luck is not going to flip that around overnight.

I'm especially disappointed in media who continue to pound the "beating Cleveland" is irrelevant mantra. These are the same people that rip the team when they lose, but call it irrelevant (and harmful in the long term) when they win.

I don't know of any other city that roots for their team to lose like people/media in Buffalo?

I posted a simular topic a few weeks ago asking what was more important draft picks or winning and most of the posters agreed with me that winning is more important than draft picks because winning adds confidence. I just don't see how loseing can help any team so I will never ever root for the Bills to lose for draft picks or for anyother reason. Like the Raiders old motto use to be Just Win Baby! go Bills!

That's what being a fan is about. The "better draft choice rationalization" for a true fan is only a device to sooth a tough loss. I would much rather enjoy the bill beating the Jets, Phins and Pats to close out the season as opposed to drafting a few positions higher to get some marginally better player.

The "better draft choice rationalization" for a true fan is only a device to sooth a tough loss.

+1. It should NOT be motivation to pull against your own team. Also, one of the projected 1st round QB talents will slip to the second round, if we want a big name QB (Locker or maybe even Mallett). I'd rather trade down in the first and pick up an OLB and an OT with our first two picks, but trading down seems to be getting more difficult for high picks. Give me OLBs, DLine, and OTs and I'll be happy. Maybe nab a guy like Enderle or Stanzi if we're going to go QB.

Just my rambling two-cents

I am an optimist, so I would look at the brightside either way.

My first choice, no matter how much I want luck, would be for us to win, win, win. I want to win. Winning as much now is the best step to take to a better season next year.

Of course, if we lose out and hit rock bottem, I will say "at least we get a high draft pick." Of course, that setteling for a high draft pick looks less good if you have that happen consequetive years. So I am hoping next year our record is A LOT better than this year. Don't want a record like this for a long time.

1) Any fan that wants the team to lose ......... is a LOSER.

2) The media ... reading a few headlines on TBD...

Dunkirk Observer reports: 'Even a Bills victory is painful to watch this year.'

I know Dunkirk is a podunk town buy jeeeeeze... They won a game MANY said they wouldn't.

It was a win for the "hometown team" - They are few this season so ENJOY it.

3) First roung picks are a gamble and oftern - do not pay off in their first season - or at all.

3a) the higer the pick the less the cost.

Who's more a value - CJ Spiller or Arthur Moats

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more. I told a friend of mine about this and he shot me a look that appeared as though he had just gotten an unexpected whiff of a rancid fart and said "that's absolute faggotism". I'm not sure if that's a word, but I understand his sentiment.

Bring on a 300 pounder to provide some small incremental improvement instead of trying to land a qb that will compete for championships for a decade. Rebuild to 7-9 - that's where we like it.

LOL LOL ROFLMAO:

Playoff position because Kurt Warner retired. Is the NFC west part of the NFL anymore?