Fitz is #5 in pro Bowl votes!

At about game 4 this year I started a topic of potential pro bowlers. I'd like to point that Fitz, Johnson, and Williams were all on my list and most ppl on this board thought I was high on peyote at the time. The year ain't over, there will be some suprises, I'm just putting it out there.

If 2 of Rivers, Manning, or Brady get hurt, go to the Super Bowl, or just don't feel like playing - we'll have a Pro Bowl QB :w00t: :<_<

How far have the Bills fallen so that us fans are excited about our QB being 2nd alternate :(

Wow you were able to do the "We have a Pro Bowl QB!" and "Being a Pro Bowl QB is not important he was actually #5 not #3 on the Pro Bowl voting so it doesn't count."

In the same post.

Congratulations.

Well, Fitzpatrick is currently the 10th highest rated QB in the AFC, so it seems pretty cheesy to vote for him. Williams (particularly) and Johnson deserve some attention though.

Yes because statistics are the black and white end all. By your logic Whitner and the Poz should make the probowl because they are sharing the #4 rank in tackles over KW because he is ranked 75.

Edited by Brimley's Stache

Yes because statistics are the black and white end all. By your logic Whitner and the Poz should make the probowl because they are sharing the #4 rank in tackles over KW because he is ranked 75.

Passer rating is a compilation of every passing statistic. With a large enough sample size, it's an accurate depiction of how well a quarterback has played. Tackling is only one aspect of defense. Accumulating large quantities of tackles is mostly due to opportunity. The tackles statistic should really be changed to tackles per opposing offensive play that doesn't result in a penalty or incomplete pass.

Kyle Williams definitely deserves to be in the Pro Bowl. Fitzpatrick and Stevie do not.

The truth is, we only have one player on this team that is really playing up to Pro Bowl caliber, and that is Kyle Williams. We do have a good chance of having a few other players go to Hawaii though. My guess is Fitz will end up going since, for one, one of the quarterbacks that are clearly superior to him (Brady, Rothlisberger, Manning, Flacco) will end up in the Super Bowl so he won't play. Same situation goes for receiver, so Stevie "Stone Hands" has a decent chance too. Of course you will always have the several players voted in who have "injuries" and cancel out, which would again give our guys a better shot. I think Williams best shot at starting in the Pro Bowl is if the Ravens make it to the Super Bowl so Ngata can't play in the game. Other than those three, I would say maybe Florence and Jackson might be long shots as replacements, after two or three others have said "no."

I voted for Fitz. He's definitely better than Sanchizzle. How on god's green earth is Sanchez number 4?

Because he is on a team that is 9-3 not 2-10 for one. Also he has played in prime time and marquee games, where you don't see Fitz play unless you are a Bills fan and have the Sunday Ticket (like myself).

Anyone who would vote for Fitz for pro bowl should be ashamed of themselves. There is nothing unusual about favoring a home town player but when comparing Fitz to legitimate all-pro candidate qbs it is a not only a perversion of the voting process it is also an abuse of the process.

Fitz is simply a mediocre starting qb. He is a capable backup qb who can have a long career because of his utility. He fits the Kitna model. There is no doubt that Fitz is a major qb upgrade from the prior qbs. That is not a statement of an endorsement of him so much as a condemnation of the other mediocre qbs he has followed.

I have read postings on this board that Fitz should be compared to Drew Brees. That is an absurdity that can develop into lunacy. Let's stop with the juvenile mentality that our players are better than what they really are simply because of the uniforms they wear. The Bills consistenly lose not because they have many good players on the roster, they lose because they hardly have any good andimpactful players on its roster.

If you don't understand why the Bills are 2-10 then I have a simple recommendation: Watch the bloody games without the rose tinted glasses. Can we stop with this foolishness.

Edited by JohnC

If you don't understand why the Bills are 2-10 then I have a simple recommendation: Watch the bloody games without the rose tinted glasses. Can we stop with this foolishness.

You should follow your own advice then. It's obvious you don't watch, or if you do you're passed-out drunk.

PTR

Anyone who would vote for Fitz for pro bowl should be ashamed of themselves. There is nothing unusual about favoring a home town player but when comparing Fitz to legitimate all-pro candidate qbs it is a not only a perversion of the voting process it is also an abuse of the process.

Fitz is simply a mediocre starting qb. He is a capable backup qb who can have a long career because of his utility. He fits the Kitna model. There is no doubt that Fitz is a major qb upgrade from the prior qbs. That is not a statement of an endorsement of him so much as a condemnation of the other mediocre qbs he has followed.

I have read postings on this board that Fitz should be compared to Drew Brees. That is an absurdity that can develop into lunacy. Let's stop with the juvenile mentality that our players are better than what they really are simply because of the uniforms they wear. The Bills consistenly lose not because they have many good players on the roster, they lose because they hardly have any good andimpactful players on its roster.

Just because a team isn't good doesn't mean that there aren't good players on the team.

Fitz has thrown 20 TD passes in 10 starts. Mediocre QBs don't throw 2 TD passes per game.

I voted for a bunch. I mean, what the hell. It's all a popularity contest anyway and I'd rather have the NFL think there are a lot of people out there who are rabid Bills fans willing to vote for mediocre players. So I voted for (and don't necessarily think they're all mediocre): Fitz, Stevie, Williams, Poz, Whitner (I know, I know, what was I thinking?), and Drayton Florence (yes, based on essentially two good games). And I'm voting often.

You should follow your own advice then. It's obvious you don't watch, or if you do you're passed-out drunk.

PTR

I do watch the games in a very sober state. That is why I am confident in my position. The Bills will be fortunate to win more than 3 games this year. You find that to be very encouraging to their near future prospects. It is obvious my standards and yours vary a great deal. Accepting mediocrity will only get you more mediocrity.

Just because a team isn't good doesn't mean that there aren't good players on the team.

It certainly means that there aren't enough good players to be good.

You can keep quoting the record all you want. Anyone who has watched this team over the last 4 years knows this team is in a much better position heading into next season than it ever was going into an offseason during the Jauron era. I, for one, am encouraged for their near futue prospects by the way they have been competing. For a rebuilding team, that's more important than raw win totals.

I do watch the games in a very sober state. That is why I am confident in my position. The Bills will be fortunate to win more than 3 games this year. You find that to be very encouraging to their near future prospects. It is obvious my standards and yours vary a great deal. Accepting mediocrity will only get you more mediocrity.

It certainly means that there aren't enough good players to be good.