Searching for Peerless:

slyng1

Wow, I liked Peerless (and his name) enough to put him in the final 3 names for my dog.

Kelly thanks me for my decision :thumbsup:

So i'm not the only one who named my dog after a former bills player...

My Dog Fletcher thanks me (i know, not a HOFer but a solid bill nonetheless).

The comments are just phenomenal. My favorites:

"Find Eric Moulds doing something productive. Price should be across from him, doing next to nothing."

"I think he's in jail for murdering thousands of fantasy football teams in 2003."

"To whom it may concern:

Peerless Price is dead.

Sincerely,

Smeerless Smice"

Price Salary 2000-'07

How do you foreclose on this much money?!

SI had a great article on how many athletes go bankrupt. They should be set for life, but a huge % go bankrupt within 3 years of retirement.

For one, they don't want to do boring investments, like mutual funds. They want fun things like nightclubs/restaurants - that usually never make it......Then, of course, they are spending it like it's water while they're still playing...and, then the number one killer for them is divorce.

SI had a great article on how many athletes go bankrupt. They should be set for life, but a huge % go bankrupt within 3 years of retirement.

For one, they don't want to do boring investments, like mutual funds. They want fun things like nightclubs/restaurants - that usually never make it......Then, of course, they are spending it like it's water while they're still playing...and, then the number one killer for them is divorce.

These players who go bankrupt are just like the lottery winners who lose it all. Complete buffoons when it comes to handling finances. They either just don't know how or don't realize that it will eventually dry up. There are ways to invest wisely but they don't entertain that idea. Perhaps they were listening to the wrong advice. A lot of these players finally had a lot of money thrust upon them when they never had it growing up. Some were just foolish to begin with. We can't really feel that sorry for them. It's common sense that such earning abilities most likely would not be as great past their NFL careers. Blunt as it may be, you reap what you sow. Perhaps at least one person will learn from his lack of judgement.

-shakes my head and slaps my forehead- Gosh what a waste of potential income and also a loss to beneffitting society. Come on Peerless!

A fool and his riches are easily parted.

I just gotta throw this in... What an effin waste of potential!! ughies.

Edited by Pilsner

My dog's name is Willie. After Willie Parker (the Bill). He's not bankrupt.

Lol, I'm sure your doggy is more deliberate with his canine spending. He must also bury some of his possessions for future use. -lets it gain interest-

I hope he is alright first of all, this kind of financial pressure can put a real strain on people and some do some very tragic things.

Wow, everyone on here is very judgmental about this. No one worries about the person. It is not like he grew up with that kind of money and by the time he had it, it is more than likely there were people giving him very bad advice about what to do with it. Maybe even stealing from him, I would think the NFL or the players association would have some programs to help the guys out. Investing is tricky and tricksters are just waiting for some fool to come along.....

With all that said, yeah a fool and his money....

I hope the best for PP (really liked him as a player, seemed like a good guy too), not getting served is the banks problem. I honestly don't feel too much good will for banks these days.

So i'm not the only one who named my dog after a former bills player...

My Dog Fletcher thanks me (i know, not a HOFer but a solid bill nonetheless).

Bet he catches frisbees 10 yards down field :thumbsup:

Edited by WVUFootball29