Broncos fire McDaniels

bbb

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a long time Broncos fan, this doesn't surprise me. It's been all downhill since they hired him. I'm thinking that getting rid of Jay Cutler and trading Peyton Hillis away was a big mistake. Also, this throws the whole Tim Tebow situation into a very difficult position.

As you know then, the Broncos started 6-0 under McDaniels. I remember I posted a criticism about him after their week 5 victory over New England. I was critical of his demeanor (he was out on the field celebrating like a little kid, made no effort to shake Belichick's hand) and thought it conduct unbecoming of a head coach…because it was so immature. I wondered if this guy was ready to become a head coach.

Boy did I get flamed by this board.

I understand it though…after years of watching the reptilian crypt keeper, Bills fans reacted positively to any show of emotion by any coach.

Denver is one of the most passionate fan base in the NFL. They sort of remind me of the Buffalo fans. Strong move by the owner, but if you followed Denver at all this was coming sooner or later and sooner was the better option.

Arguably one of the worst coaching tenures ever in the history of the NFL. It couldn't have happened to a bigger prick. I am happy for the Denver fans, they have wanted this to happen.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Makes sense to me. I think old #7 has something to do with this.

The Owner listens to Elway.

Elway, a Stanford legend has close ties to Harbaugh and Luck.

Maybe he wants to bring them in as a package deal or at least get Luck.

I think Elway knows Tebow isn't going to be the answer.

Lose the rest of your games and you may just get the chance to draft Luck.

McDaniels was dead in the water after spygate II so why keep him around just

to possibly win a game or two and potentially lose your franchise QB?

Why else would the owner change his tune so quickly?

Edited by turftoe

Why else would the owner change his toon so quickly?

Denver is 3-9.

Remaining record:

@ Arizona Cardinals

@ Oakland Raiders

Houston Texans

San Diego Chargers

That's an easier schedule than the Bills or the Panthers.

Denver is one of the most passionate fan base in the NFL. They sort of remind me of the Buffalo fans.

I've lived here since 96; before their first SB win. I see a lot of 'fans' who yawn at mention of the Broncos as soon as it becomes clear they are not going to contend for a championship. Their gameday 'tailgates' are pathetic compared to Buffalo, unless you consider showing up an hour before kickoff and grilling up hotdogs a tailgate.

As a long time Broncos fan, this doesn't surprise me. It's been all downhill since they hired him. I'm thinking that getting rid of Jay Cutler and trading Peyton Hillis away was a big mistake. Also, this throws the whole Tim Tebow situation into a very difficult position.

JM needed better PR work from his agency - if I recall didn't the cutler stuff come primarily from an issue between jay and the owner? ie. Lying about shanahan getting the axe?

Anyoen wanna bet that with the way Bowlen cedes personnel control to the coach, and the fact that they have tim tebow, Jon Gruden ends up coaching there next year.

Does not surprise me in the least if this happens. Watching the draft special with Gruden and Tebow it seemed like the two really click

Why else would the owner change his tune so quickly?

say luck is there when we pick...orton and 3rd for our pick

It was puzzling why they fired Shanahan in the first place.

Now, it's puzzling why they pulled the plug on McDaniels after less than 2 seasons. Makes zero sense. The offense is one of the best in the league; any coach who can turn Kyle Orton and Brandon Lloyd into the top producing players at their positions is one heck of an offensive mind. In a certain sense, McDaniels was vindicated in trading away Cutler, Marshall, and Hillis; the Broncos' offense is outstanding.

So, you fire him because of the defense, when your best defensive player is out for the year and you're in year 2 of a new coach?

Or, you fire him for spygate II, when he had nothing to do with it, and turned the tape over to the league?

Just doesn't make sense to me.

Oh, and by the way, I bet you he's back on the Patriots* sideline next year.

Edited by JR In Ann Arbor

JM needed better PR work from his agency - if I recall didn't the cutler stuff come primarily from an issue between jay and the owner? ie. Lying about shanahan getting the axe?

No the Cutler deal came from the fact he found out Josh wanted to trade him for Castle