Favre is done

rocwocka

Good. Favre has become a joke and a shell of his former self. More recently, he's proven himself to be (or soon the NFLs investigation will prove that he is) a scumbag of a human being. Glad he didn't get concussed, but I certainly won't be sorry to see him go. And if he has played his final down, I'm glad that it was Buffalo that took him out.

Edited by saundena

I had a feeling that Favre would get put out this week but didn't want to look dumb posting before if it didn't happen or look like I was wishing him ill will. Now it may look like I am making this up so now I believe this will be his last game so hats to a hall of famer who brought great memories to the game.

Its an injury to his throwing shoulder. I dont see how he can overcome that. It's all for the better because Jackson should be their starter, and the injury relieves Frazier of the burden of sitting Favre.

imo his streak has been nothing but a farce anyway. he'd been playing on an ankle so bad he clearly would have sat, other than for "the streak." it's a tarnished record, much like Shanahan's single season sack record which Favre took an infamous dive to make happen.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Its an injury to his throwing shoulder. I dont see how he can overcome that. It's all for the better because Jackson should be their starter, and the injury relieves Frazier of the burden of sitting Favre.

imo his streak has been nothing but a farce anyway. he'd been playing on an ankle so bad he clearly would have sat, other than for "the streak." it's a tarnished record, much like Shanahan's single season sack record which Favre took an infamous dive to make happen.

I don't think the streak itself is a farce - he's healthy enough to play, which is an accomplishment no matter how you look at it.

Now if he starts, plays the first series, handing off to AP or throwing screens or dump-offs, then sits for the rest of the game and watches Jackson run the offense, THAT would turn the streak into a farce.

Great QB, great career, great year last year.... he hit a wall hard this year, and he's now injured... time to hang them up.

Much respect for the HoF Qb though. :worthy:

I agree with Dorkington, Favre thought he might have something left in the tank and he went out fighting. That's what the great ones do, they fight until the end and never quit (Schobel I'm looking at you, you big kitty cat.)

Atleast I can say I was there for Favre's last game.

I was perfectly willing to sing Favre's praises and laud his career...three or four years ago.

Since then, he's become a joke. If it was us who put the league out of its misery and sent him packing, I'm just fine with that.

I didn't realize Mike or Kyle Shanahan used to play defensive end for the New York Football Giants. Fitzgibbons lives on.....

I didn't realize Mike or Kyle Shanahan used to play defensive end for the New York Football Giants. Fitzgibbons lives on.....

*Strahan

Just read the MRI's are negative. Looks like now the old fart will find a way to drag his sorry ass on the field again this week.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Its an injury to his throwing shoulder. I dont see how he can overcome that.

He 'overcame' a throwing shoulder problem enough to kill the Jets season two years ago, so I wouldn't put anything past that self-serving dirtbag. I just hope the Vikings have enough class and sense to tell him they don't give a rat's ass about his 'streak' and that they are starting the team's best QB on Sunday: Tavaris Jackson.

F*#% Favre. I just hope this can be his fourth consecutive season of ending with an interception. Now there's a 'streak' we won't see anyone break for a long time!

If Favre is done for the year which between his injury and the way Jackson played, Brett's last pass as a Vike could be an int, just as his last pass as a Packer and as a Jet was. That's a pretty amazing streak.

And I think his last pass as a Falcon was also an INT.....