Now can we all agree that Fitz is not the guy.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see a quarterback, any quarterback in the world, do much better with this patchwork offensive line.

Words cannot describe how bad our offensive line was at many points in this game. He couldn't even get passes off without pressure. Just consider the injuries and who was playing before you throw Fitz under the bus for this loss. Not saying you did but I know some are thinking this was Fitz's fault.

I really felt bad for Fitz today -- as I have for many QBs in the past several years. Poor D. Bell was just outclassed by Allen. Hopefully, it is a learning experience for him. The balance of the first string line was either injured or playing out of position.

Fitz is a likeable guy, a feel good story, and he's a "buffalo kind-a guy". but i dont think he is the long term answer as a franchise QB.

in my ideal world... we draft luck, let him sit a year. play fitz next year as starter while Luck prepares and learns, then in 2012 have an open competition and let Luck (hopefully) win the QB job then allow fitz to be the backup. sounds like a decent plan to me if we end up with the #1 overall pick :blush:

Sure, FItz is not the guy. We knew that in week four. The question is not whether he's Mr. Right, the question is whether he's Mr. Right Now. He is.

Luck is the only QB the Bills should consider in the first round. I used to say Mallett, too, but not anymore.

If they want to take a chance on others, fine; do that in the third or fourth. There are bigger needs.

Of course I don't mean that. Just thought I'd put the topic out there because admit it - some of you are thinking it. IMHO no way you put todays debacle on Fitz.

Like I've been saying for a while now...Fitz has earned the right to go further...But The Bills BETTER have a Plan B in place for 2011 and beyond...That's all... B-)

Of course I don't mean that. Just thought I'd put the topic out there because admit it - some of you are thinking it. IMHO no way you put todays debacle on Fitz.

can we all agree that payton manning sucks? 2 interceptions by him today... wow this guy sucks, and look at last weeks game?! wow, this guy will never be a franchise QB. (sarcastic to the fullest)

I agree Fitz is not the guy, but it certainly wasn't from today's performance. Fitz is playing at a "very good" level this season with a real bad team. The man has had many chances to start in the league, and has never really kept a starting job. There is a reason for that. He is a very "decent" quarterback. Teams that want to win need a FRANCHISE QB. The sooner we finally draft this guy, the sooner we can go through the growing pains, and build the team around him. It seems as though the Bills are always trying to STEAL that QB. Lets get Trent in the 3rd round, or JP after all the other good first round QBs are taken, waste a draft pick on Levi Brown in the 7th, try and get Brian Brohm in here maybe he will shock us. BITE THE BULLET AND DRAFT THE GUY THAT CAN LEAD THE FRANCHISE!! Does a top 3 pick guarantee us a GREAT QB?? No it doesnt. Does it make our odds a hundred times better?? YOU BET! Draft the guy, develop him, and try moving on. The Lions didnt have a great oline, the Rams didnt have a great oline, but amazingly they still draft the franchise QB when given the opportunity. That is how franchises turn around, and not by seeing who you can steal in the 5th round. Give me a break already.

Fitz is a likeable guy, a feel good story, and he's a "buffalo kind-a guy". but i dont think he is the long term answer as a franchise QB.

in my ideal world... we draft luck, let him sit a year. play fitz next year as starter while Luck prepares and learns, then in 2012 have an open competition and let Luck (hopefully) win the QB job then allow fitz to be the backup. sounds like a decent plan to me if we end up with the #1 overall pick :blush:

You live in an ivory tower eating ice cream and candy all day, Come into the real world and understand that your dream of a franchise QB is pure fiction a creation of your own feeble small mind!