Should McKelvin be benched?

Should McKelvin be benched?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Should McKelvin be benched?

My vote is for "Yes and he should be cut in the offseason". I will admit, McKelvin does has talent, but he is way too inconsistent and has cost the Bills numerous games over the last 2 years with his reckless style of play. Today, he had three costly gaffes: Going for the INT instead of swatting the ball away, the fumble on the kickoff deep in our zone and the pass interference penalty on an overthrown ball in the end zone. I don't ever want see McKelvin handle another kickoff or a punt return ever again. I hope McKelvin gets benched and Youboty takes his place.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote is for "Yes and he should be cut in the offseason". I will admit, McKelvin does has talent, but he is way too inconsistent and has cost the Bills numerous games over the last 2 years with his reckless style of play. Today, he had three costly gaffes: Going for the INT instead of swatting the ball away, the fumble on the kickoff deep in our zone and the pass interference penalty on an overthrown ball in the end zone. I don't ever want see McKelvin handle another kickoff or a punt return ever again. I hope McKelvin gets benched and Youboty takes his place.

I don't know if he should be cut, but that was honestly the single worst quarter of football I've ever seen anyone play. Consider:

1. Giving up over 100 yards receiving in 1 quarter!

2. Giving up a touchdown catch

3. Giving up a pass interference in the end zone, essentially giving the Vikings another touchdown.

4. Fumbling a kickoff directly after giving up a touchdown.

5. Returning the kickoffs he didn't fumble for a grand total of about 10 yards.

After that disgraceful performance, he was then on the sidelines smiling. Maybe for that he should be cut. He honestly played as if he was on drugs today, and not the performance enhancing kind either.

I agree 100%

I voted no. He had a rough day, but I don't blame him for going for the pick on the TD, 9/10 times he gets it in that situation IMO. The PI was dumb, but he redeemed himself somewhat with the pick. I completely agree that I don't want to see him handling the ball on special teams again though.

If we can get that CB I saw playing last night, the 6'2" guy who was shutting down the belitnikof (sp?) winner...I think I will be happy, but McKelvin is still young and not ready to let him go and have an amazing career somewhere else.

He should be benched. I don't care who he is or when he was drafted. The guy is always hurting this team with his lack of focus and lack of awarenes of situational football. Give me the player that doesn't have great ability but knows what is going on around him.

I was at the game and yes he should be benched for a game or two. He honestly plays like he is in his own little world - coughed up one kickoff and then drops another but is lucky to have it bounce back into his hands.

Horrible.

Fitz didn't have the best day either fumbling two snaps and losing one of them on a go-ahead touchdown.

I voted no. He had a rough day, but I don't blame him for going for the pick on the TD, 9/10 times he gets it in that situation IMO. The PI was dumb, but he redeemed himself somewhat with the pick. I completely agree that I don't want to see him handling the ball on special teams again though.

+1

He shouldn't return any more kicks. He's way too careless with the ball to be back there and has cost the team too many games.

I'd argue that he should probably be cut, in the spirit of the guys that went earlier this year. If you want to change the culture, cutting a guy who keeps creating huge negative plays and makes a big show after every assisted tackle would be a nice step.

He does not play smart, lacks awareness, and comes up small in all the big spots. He celebrates like he just won the game with an unimportant pick in a blowout, and just overall seems like he doesn't get it. You can teach technique, you can't teach intelligence.

So cut a guy for trying to make a play and the PI was BS call. Plus on the TD he was interfered with. On the fumble yes he needs to be coached to move ball to outside arm.

He shouldn't return any more kicks. He's way too careless with the ball to be back there and has cost the team too many games.

I'd argue that he should probably be cut, in the spirit of the guys that went earlier this year. If you want to change the culture, cutting a guy who keeps creating huge negative plays and makes a big show after every assisted tackle would be a nice step.

So you just want to add more holes to a team that cant afford it. Great thinking. :wallbash:

So you just want to add more holes to a team that cant afford it. Great thinking. :wallbash:

I wouldn't cut him, for the next couple of games I keep him on the bench and play him only if there's an injury. He has to understand he's playing for the Buffalo Bills not for the Leodis Xfactors.

You guys do realize that fumbling is one negative that can be easily corrected with coaching, don't you? I'm all for pulling him off of returns until he decides to hang onto the ball, but calling for him to be cut is idiotic.

As for his coverage skills, every CB has bad games now and then. It happens.

i say he is a third year guy who is immensely talented....had a really ****ty game....and we should have him out on the field for every play that it makes sense for him to be there. The only way for players to develope is for them to play fricking football games. You people need to re-align your expectations, imo.

Whitner, Lynch, McLovin, Maybin, and Spiller...

This Team could run a clinic on how NOT to pick in the 1st Round of The Draft...

If it was not true no one would believe it... B-)

How could you forget Losman and McCargo? Absolutely horrible drafting.

i say he is a third year guy who is immensely talented....had a really ****ty game....and we should have him out on the field for every play that it makes sense for him to be there. The only way for players to develope is for them to play fricking football games. You people need to re-align your expectations, imo.

The X-factor has choked in important situations. Do you remember the Pats game? Last week? There is a pattern developing with McLovins game and it isn't a good one. Let him go and choke for another team.